TiVo Community Forum Archive 1
READ ONLY ARCHIVES

Welcome to the TiVo Community Forum Archive
This archive covers threads on TiVo Community Forum that have not been posted to from the start until June 30, 2004.  Any thread that has a post made to it between 7/1/04 and 12/31/05, that had not been posted to, will be found in Archive 2.
This is a READ ONLY site.

Search | ARCHIVE 2 | MAIN SITE

TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.8 TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 > Main TiVo Forums > HDTV TiVo Powered PVRs
>>> Pre-Orders- other Stores and Online Dealers. <<<

Pages (13): « First ... « Prev 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 Next » ... Last »  
Forum Jump:
Search this Thread:
Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread ---> Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Kamakzie is offline Old Post 03-27-2004 08:21 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Kamakzie Find more posts by Kamakzie Add Kamakzie to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Kamakzie
TiVo Forum Special Member

If they get DIRECTV to bump VE's allotment down I will not be a happy camper!

quote:
Originally posted by joegolf68
If enough people call them Monday morning, they will listen. I called them today and suggest everyone with a GG order call them first thing Monday morning! Who knows the possibilities!!!??

800 229-4897 good guys

I'll repost this on Sunday and Monday so we get the phone calls rolling!

POST #121 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

sonnyducks is offline Old Post 03-27-2004 09:01 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for sonnyducks Find more posts by sonnyducks Add sonnyducks to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
sonnyducks

You da man Tivo Neophyte. Did they mention anything about getting some new HD channels?

POST #122 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

joegolf68 is offline Old Post 03-27-2004 09:35 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for joegolf68 Find more posts by joegolf68 Add joegolf68 to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
joegolf68

How did you get Good Guys to match the VE Price discount. My "Good Guy" would not.

GG doesn't normally accept web site's for comparison pricing, however, if you look at my signature, I am a pretty good customer for them! lol Most of that stuff I bought from GG in December. I also agreed to buy the insurance thing. The sales person had to go to the manager but it wasn't a problem with him either. The salesperson first tried to sell me with $50 off but I said considering the tax difference, I wouldn't buy it from them.

Kamakzie: You think that is possible if enough people call the Good Guys Monday morning at 800 229-4897 and suggest such a thing? I never thought of that, but it is an idea.

POST #123 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

HiDefSooner is offline Old Post 03-27-2004 09:55 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for HiDefSooner Visit HiDefSooner's homepage! Find more posts by HiDefSooner Add HiDefSooner to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
HiDefSooner

I odered mine from Ultimate Electronics. Which shipment week from Mexico will they get theirs from?

POST #124 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

sonnyducks is offline Old Post 03-27-2004 10:12 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for sonnyducks Find more posts by sonnyducks Add sonnyducks to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
sonnyducks

Another Sooner!!!...Boomer

POST #125 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Budget_HT is offline Old Post 03-27-2004 10:54 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Budget_HT Find more posts by Budget_HT Add Budget_HT to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Budget_HT

GG did not hesitate to give me $100 off after we looked at the VE AVS/TiVo Forum offer together in their store, even after I turned down their protection plan.

POST #126 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

elstonhill is offline Old Post 03-27-2004 11:14 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for elstonhill Find more posts by elstonhill Add elstonhill to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
elstonhill

Maybe there is a supply of tens of thousands of receivers coming out next week. All this hype about a shortage going into summer is a strategy to get us all to rush out and pre-order the HDTV-TIVO!

POST #127 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

HiDefSooner is offline Old Post 03-27-2004 08:00 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for HiDefSooner Visit HiDefSooner's homepage! Find more posts by HiDefSooner Add HiDefSooner to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
HiDefSooner

quote:
Originally posted by sonnyducks
Another Sooner!!!...Boomer

Sooner!!!!

POST #128 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

SoonerDoc is offline Old Post 03-27-2004 11:28 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for SoonerDoc Find more posts by SoonerDoc Add SoonerDoc to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
SoonerDoc

BOOMER.....SOONER !!!!!

to keep on topic...hidefsooner: did you order from the north or south store? did they give you any kind of discount?

POST #129 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

mkruss is offline Old Post 03-28-2004 12:08 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for mkruss Find more posts by mkruss Add mkruss to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
mkruss

The manager at the Good Guys in Chino, CA told me that HD-Tivo units were scheduled to be shipped to the GG warehouse in Northern CA on the 31st. After inventory, distribution and loadout, they are scheduled to be shipped to the individual stores the week of the 5th. Since it is only a day to ship back to Southern CA, I might see my preorder as early as the 6th or 7th. BTW, my pre order price was $899.

POST #130 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Cudahy is offline Old Post 03-28-2004 12:12 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Cudahy Find more posts by Cudahy Add Cudahy to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Cudahy

I automatically got my discount when I preordered from Good Guys in January.
The salesman hasn't called me back yet, so I will definitely call the corp office on Monday. GoodGuys of the world unite!

POST #131 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

joegolf68 is offline Old Post 03-28-2004 12:45 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for joegolf68 Find more posts by joegolf68 Add joegolf68 to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
joegolf68

I am leaving town tomorrow, so keep this thread alive and continue to post the GG number: 800 229-4897 which is the Corporate number. Let' his them hard on Monday and get their act together! Everyone who ordered from Good Guys should call this number Monday and really press them for info. This is an attempt not to take from other stores, but to let GG know we want them soon so they don't just hold them in the warehouse collecting dust. Try to talk to someone as high up on the food chain as possible. A good idea would be to tell them you can post the info right here where there are a ton of buyers who would buy in a second if GG had them out right away. The EBay story would be a good example.

Call Monday, call often!! 800 229-4897!!!!!

POST #132 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

SocalDave is offline Old Post 03-28-2004 04:42 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for SocalDave Find more posts by SocalDave Add SocalDave to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
SocalDave

quote:
Originally posted by joegolf68
The EBay story would be a good example.

You are just so bitter that you didnt think of this first.. aren't you?

POST #133 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

joegolf68 is offline Old Post 03-28-2004 07:52 AM
joegolf68

I spoke with local salesman at GG and with corporate headquarters and both say the GG computer is expecting delivery to the stores very soon.. They expect delivery within the warehouse to be March 31st. Anyone can call Good Guys Corporate HG on Monday at 800 229-4897 (a FREE call of course) and let them know that you want the unit ASAP and why are web service providers expected to beat them???)

Again, the more that call on Monday, to GG Corporate at 800 229-4897 (toll free) the more info they are likely to gather for us. Let them know that everyone is watching and that most of the people don't think GG's can beat their competition!!!!

Gee, Can't wait!!!! But will have to as I am out of town for the next week anyway. But I will take down their toll free number 800 229-4897 (free anywhere in the US) and call them Monday. Maybe I'll give them a cal Tuesday too! call often and let them know there is a race on! lol

POST #134 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

joegolf68 is offline Old Post 03-28-2004 07:55 AM
joegolf68

SocalDave,

Nothing could be further from the truth. If Good Guys has their units out by April 2nd, you made a fantastic sell and someone was a total idiot! Not me! lol

POST #135 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

joegolf68 is offline Old Post 03-28-2004 07:57 AM
joegolf68

Oh, I forgot to mention, anyone can call Good guys on Monday morning and demand that they get their units out ASAP!! Toll free 800 229-4897 . Ask for the supervisor. They are supoose to take delivery of 1,000 units in their warehouse on March 31st. Make sure you ask them to release the units ASAP!

And if you ordered anywhere else, make sure you call too.

POST #136 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Kamakzie is offline Old Post 03-28-2004 08:01 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Kamakzie Find more posts by Kamakzie Add Kamakzie to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Kamakzie
TiVo Forum Special Member

Not as much of an idiot as the people who paid $1500 for the 921!

POST #137 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

joegolf68 is offline Old Post 03-28-2004 08:06 AM
joegolf68

Kamakzie

Good one Kamakzie!!! In three weeks, this will all be a joke! They are going to put out so many of these things that by tax day, you can get one off the shelf. I looked at the EBay bids, more power to the sellers! I have no issue at all with making money off of idiots. Barnum Bailey said there is a sucker born every minute! If I were the buyer, I'd look pretty hard before forking over money for a place in line when in a couple of days, these will be available in several places. But, If I had millions of dollars, and was a buyer, I could care less. So, if the buyers are really rich, it is a moot point.

POST #138 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

joegolf68 is offline Old Post 03-28-2004 08:11 AM
joegolf68

mkruss wrote:
The manager at the Good Guys in Chino, CA told me that HD-Tivo units were scheduled to be shipped to the GG warehouse in Northern CA on the 31st. After inventory, distribution and loadout, they are scheduled to be shipped to the individual stores the week of the 5th. Since it is only a day to ship back to Southern CA, I might see my preorder as early as the 6th or 7th. BTW, my pre order price was $899.

Well, that is the kind of info I am getting. That is why I am asking everyone to call 800 229-4897, a free pohone call to GG coporate and ask them to get these out of the warehosue ASAP. If enough of us call, they will move these things out on the same day and we will have them on April 2nd. Of course, who knows. All is speculation, but it is the way to get GG off the dime.

So, call them Monday and let everyone know by continuing the post for a pohone call lobby.

800 229-4897

The race is on. We will probably lose, but it is kind of cool to get the competitive juices flowing!!! And if enough of us call, and we get our on the 2nd...... COOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

POST #139 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

KCWolfPck is offline Old Post 03-28-2004 08:17 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for KCWolfPck Find more posts by KCWolfPck Add KCWolfPck to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
KCWolfPck
New & Improved

Yeah dude......I think you made your freakin' point!!!

POST #140 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged