TiVo Community Forum Archive 1
READ ONLY ARCHIVES

Welcome to the TiVo Community Forum Archive
This archive covers threads on TiVo Community Forum that have not been posted to from the start until June 30, 2004.  Any thread that has a post made to it between 7/1/04 and 12/31/05, that had not been posted to, will be found in Archive 2.
This is a READ ONLY site.

Search | ARCHIVE 2 | MAIN SITE

TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.8 TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 > Main TiVo Forums > HDTV TiVo Powered PVRs
>>> Pre-Orders- other Stores and Online Dealers. <<<

Pages (13): « Prev 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 Next » ... Last »  
Forum Jump:
Search this Thread:
Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread ---> Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
chezpaul is offline Old Post 03-14-2004 02:19 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for chezpaul Find more posts by chezpaul Add chezpaul to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
chezpaul

quote:
Originally posted by dropper
Maybe by then, KCOP-13 (UPN L.A.) will be in HiDef and I can watch Enterprise in HiDef goodness.

Keith

I thought Enterprise was already in HD ... !!! It says so everytime the show starts...
I can't verify this yet as I installed my OTa yesterday and haven't seen a wednesday yet.

POST #41 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

RANSOME is offline Old Post 03-15-2004 03:42 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for RANSOME Find more posts by RANSOME Add RANSOME to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
RANSOME
Gadget boy

I pre-ordered with UE and VE,we will see who comes in first.With UE they will pricematch for 60 days from delivery date which might save me some $$.Let the race begin.

POST #42 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

subspace100 is offline Old Post 03-17-2004 03:56 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for subspace100 Find more posts by subspace100 Add subspace100 to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
subspace100

Solid Signal now taking pre-orders for HDTiVo

Looks like solidsignal.com is now accepting pre-orders for the HD TiVo too. They state that delivery will occur in mid-April.

POST #43 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Kamakzie is offline Old Post 03-17-2004 04:04 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Kamakzie Find more posts by Kamakzie Add Kamakzie to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Kamakzie
TiVo Forum Special Member

Dish Depot is now selling DTV equip. I got a email today here is the link if your interested. They are good people I ordered my Dish Network equipment from them. However I am now fully satisfied with Value Electronics!

http://www.dishdepot.directtvonline...g_customers.jsp

POST #44 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Tom in OH is offline Old Post 03-17-2004 04:33 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Tom in OH Find more posts by Tom in OH Add Tom in OH to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Tom in OH

Thx for the info on DishDepot Kamakzie,

do u know what state they're from?

Thx, Tom

POST #45 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Kamakzie is offline Old Post 03-17-2004 04:37 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Kamakzie Find more posts by Kamakzie Add Kamakzie to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Kamakzie

Florida

POST #46 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Tom in OH is offline Old Post 03-17-2004 05:02 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Tom in OH Find more posts by Tom in OH Add Tom in OH to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Tom in OH

ok, thx. I'm debating whether I should preorder from them or someone closer.

POST #47 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Kamakzie is offline Old Post 03-17-2004 05:24 AM
Kamakzie

Well worst case if you do Ground it would only take 2-3 days.

POST #48 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

subspace100 is offline Old Post 03-17-2004 05:28 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for subspace100 Find more posts by subspace100 Add subspace100 to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
subspace100

quote:
Originally posted by Tom in OH
ok, thx. I'm debating whether I should preorder from them or someone closer.

Tom,
Solid Signal is located in MI (near Detroit I think). I'm guessing that is pretty close to you in Ohio. I don't know if they actually ship from their contact address which is listed on their website.

POST #49 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Tom in OH is offline Old Post 03-17-2004 05:37 AM
Tom in OH

I wrote to Solid Signal about a month ago and asked what OTA antenna they thought I should use. It was their online OTA selector feature. They responded within 24 hrs. which impressed me. Of course they suggested a UHF bowtie antenna which wouldn't pick up NBC in Hi-Def (which is channel 2 VHF) but hey, anyone can make a mistake.

Thx for letting me know how close they are. I wonder if they're offering the same price $999 for HD-dvr250 & free ground ship?

Tom

POST #50 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Kamakzie is offline Old Post 03-17-2004 05:45 AM
Kamakzie

Solid Signal would be bad bad bad for me as it would mean state sales tax ewwww!

POST #51 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

subspace100 is offline Old Post 03-17-2004 06:34 AM
subspace100

quote:
Originally posted by Kamakzie
Solid Signal would be bad bad bad for me as it would mean state sales tax ewwww!

I live in Washington so I can usually order from any online vendor (except Amazon) and avoid the sales tax.

POST #52 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

herdfan is offline Old Post 03-18-2004 07:22 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for herdfan Find more posts by herdfan Add herdfan to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
herdfan
Advanced Member

With all the talk about pre-ordering, what about the large Big Box retailers like Best Buy and Circuit City. These retailers push a lot of D* equipment out the door, and I can't see them being left out of the initial production run.

I need to go to BB and CC with the new model number and ask if its in their system yet.

POST #53 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

dswallow is offline Old Post 03-18-2004 07:24 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for dswallow Visit dswallow's homepage! Find more posts by dswallow Add dswallow to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dswallow
+258PC

quote:
Originally posted by herdfan
With all the talk about pre-ordering, what about the large Big Box retailers like Best Buy and Circuit City. These retailers push a lot of D* equipment out the door, and I can't see them being left out of the initial production run.

I need to go to BB and CC with the new model number and ask if its in their system yet.

It's not like these stores are all that in touch with the market anyway. It wouldn't surprise me someone decided "nobody'd buy those for $1,000, we'll make it a special order item." Just like many of the stores don't stock plasma panels, just have them on display to bait & switch you to RPTV's.

TiVo Community Forum Member Posting Statistics (updated daily)
List your local digital television broadcast stations by direction/distance
AVSForum Local HDTV Info & Reception index by DMA/City

POST #54 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

herdfan is offline Old Post 03-18-2004 08:25 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for herdfan Find more posts by herdfan Add herdfan to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
herdfan
Advanced Member

quote:
Originally posted by dswallow
It wouldn't surprise me someone decided "nobody'd buy those for $1,000, we'll make it a special order item.

But what about their website stores?

And if there really is going to be a shortage, anybody got a guess what these things will go for on ebay? After all, I got $400 for a 3 year old DTC-100.

POST #55 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

dswallow is offline Old Post 03-18-2004 08:45 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for dswallow Visit dswallow's homepage! Find more posts by dswallow Add dswallow to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dswallow
+258PC

quote:
But what about their website stores?

And if there really is going to be a shortage, anybody got a guess what these things will go for on ebay? After all, I got $400 for a 3 year old DTC-100.

Well, using Good Guys as an example, I'd say their web stores are worse than the retail outlets. Good Guys isn't taking preorders online, only in the stores.

It might just be they're incapable of handling preorders in the web store and can only deal with items in stock. Maybe it's the nature of preordering and placing a deposit that the web stores are lacking support for. And this doesn't happen too often, so probably isn't a priority for them to provide for.

POST #56 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

MCodanti is offline Old Post 03-18-2004 08:49 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for MCodanti Find more posts by MCodanti Add MCodanti to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
MCodanti

quote:
Originally posted by dswallow
Well, using Good Guys as an example, I'd say their web stores are worse than the retail outlets. Good Guys isn't taking preorders online, only in the stores.

It might just be they're incapable of handling preorders in the web store and can only deal with items in stock. Maybe it's the nature of preordering and placing a deposit that the web stores are lacking support for. And this doesn't happen too often, so probably isn't a priority for them to provide for.

That is because GoodGuys.com is a whole different company, they just share the name with the B&M store...

GoodGuys.com doesn't even sell Denon stuff anymore, it appears that they had their authorized dealer status pulled for some reason.

Does GoodGuys.com carry any DirecTV stuff? Last time I checked they didn't.

POST #57 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

charlieg is offline Old Post 03-18-2004 06:37 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for charlieg Find more posts by charlieg Add charlieg to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
charlieg

quote:

I went to both of them and got absolutely nowhere (not surprising). The sales guy at Best Buy told me that it was just a concept and that it wouldn't be available for quite some time. I didn't bother to get into it with him, I just turned and walked away. Circuit City was only slightly better in that at least they tried to find it in their system. When he couldn't he said not to worry that they would have plenty of them once they're released (I doubt that).

POST #58 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

dswallow is offline Old Post 03-18-2004 10:26 PM
dswallow
+258PC

quote:
Originally posted by charlieg
I went to both of them and got absolutely nowhere (not surprising). The sales guy at Best Buy told me that it was just a concept and that it wouldn't be available for quite some time. I didn't bother to get into it with him, I just turned and walked away. Circuit City was only slightly better in that at least they tried to find it in their system. When he couldn't he said not to worry that they would have plenty of them once they're released (I doubt that).
Gosh, sounds just like they always sound. I wonder if Hollywood could use Best Buy and Circuit City as the basis for a "Clueless" sequel...

POST #59 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Cudahy is offline Old Post 03-18-2004 11:01 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Cudahy Find more posts by Cudahy Add Cudahy to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Cudahy

I tried to pre-order at Circuit City(for convenience)but was told that they don't do pre-orders period.

POST #60 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged