TiVo Community Forum Archive 1
READ ONLY ARCHIVES

Welcome to the TiVo Community Forum Archive
This archive covers threads on TiVo Community Forum that have not been posted to from the start until June 30, 2004.  Any thread that has a post made to it between 7/1/04 and 12/31/05, that had not been posted to, will be found in Archive 2.
This is a READ ONLY site.

Search | ARCHIVE 2 | MAIN SITE

TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.8 TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 > Main TiVo Forums > HDTV TiVo Powered PVRs
>>> Pre-Orders- other Stores and Online Dealers. <<<

Pages (13): « Prev 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 Next » ... Last »  
Forum Jump:
Search this Thread:
Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread ---> Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
RANSOME is offline Old Post 03-18-2004 11:32 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for RANSOME Find more posts by RANSOME Add RANSOME to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
RANSOME
Gadget boy

Try Ultimate Electronics..they will let you preorder for a mid-april delivery.

POST #61 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

turls is offline Old Post 03-19-2004 03:38 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for turls Find more posts by turls Add turls to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
turls
Advanced Member

Sorry to let you in on this, but OTA is a great place, if not the best, for sports. Many people can't get waivers for the feeds on DirecTV if they are even available.

quote:
Originally posted by Cudahy
And then there are people like us who probably won't even have an antenna put up when the HDtivo comes out since we only watch a few programs on network TV that aren't on Directv in HD. We're getting it for movies and sports.

POST #62 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

MikeHDTulsa is offline Old Post 03-19-2004 09:54 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for MikeHDTulsa Find more posts by MikeHDTulsa Add MikeHDTulsa to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
MikeHDTulsa

Hi, I finally went down to Ultimate Electronics and did the pre order and they said it should be in around April 18 and I hope a little sooner since I sold my Dish Network HD receiver and switched to DirecTV I have been missing the HD locals.

POST #63 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

bbodin is offline Old Post 03-20-2004 02:26 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for bbodin Find more posts by bbodin Add bbodin to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
bbodin

just spoke to the tweeters guy and he said they have 85 on order for my area(he said scheduled for april 15, but that it was subject to delays) and that currently 30 people had pre-ordered.

I asked if I had to put a deposit down and he said that the people who put 100% down would be the first in line so I guess it depends how much you put down?

He also said they have a 30 day return policy...I'm assuming that would be after I take delivery and not when I put down a deposit.

Only thing I'm concerned about is if it turns out they didn't get any allocation or wouldn't until may/june/july and I could get it somewhere else sooner...don't know if they have a deal like value electronics where I can undo my pre-order and get my deposit back.

I'd like to pick it up from a local dealer with a return policy so that if it's just too buggy or I not quite what I had hoped that I can return it easily.

POST #64 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

salvagebuy is offline Old Post 03-21-2004 02:02 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for salvagebuy Find more posts by salvagebuy Add salvagebuy to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
salvagebuy

Tweater Pre order

I called my local Tweeter today and they said they were getting 170 on April 15. I am number 37 on that list. You do have to put money down to hold a unit. They actually have it in the computer to take orders not just an in-store list.

POST #65 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Cudahy is offline Old Post 03-21-2004 07:02 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Cudahy Find more posts by Cudahy Add Cudahy to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Cudahy

So if the first 200 ship "the week of March 22nd" that may mean that 40 or so ship each day of the first week I have the #4 preorder from GoodGuys in California. If they get any in the first couple of days - it's getting close!

POST #66 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

dmk1974 is offline Old Post 03-21-2004 09:40 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for dmk1974 Find more posts by dmk1974 Add dmk1974 to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dmk1974

When I pre-ordered from Tweeter, they initially said mid-April as well. The latest update the sales guy thought they'd be getting them March 29th, but I guess we'll see.

POST #67 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

dswallow is offline Old Post 03-21-2004 10:29 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for dswallow Visit dswallow's homepage! Find more posts by dswallow Add dswallow to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dswallow
+258PC

This is starting to look like DirecTV CSR roulette.

Not happy with the date you were told they're coming? Call back and ask again until you are.

TiVo Community Forum Member Posting Statistics (updated daily)
List your local digital television broadcast stations by direction/distance
AVSForum Local HDTV Info & Reception index by DMA/City

POST #68 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

RANSOME is offline Old Post 03-21-2004 11:04 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for RANSOME Find more posts by RANSOME Add RANSOME to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
RANSOME
Gadget boy

The guys at Best Buy were telling me Sept.So I like the mid -April answer better.

POST #69 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

beardad is offline Old Post 03-21-2004 09:01 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for beardad Find more posts by beardad Add beardad to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
beardad

Since Circuit City went to hourly rate sales people and did away with commissioned sales in the stores.... Reliable sales advice has vanished along with the commissions. Wal Mart and Target seems to have better experts..

Ultimate Electronics seems to be getting all the knowledgeable commissioned sales people in my area.

POST #70 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Budget_HT is offline Old Post 03-21-2004 09:54 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Budget_HT Find more posts by Budget_HT Add Budget_HT to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Budget_HT

When I checked on Friday, I was number 129 nationally on the Good Guys waiting list. I was first to preorder at our local store. I was told to expect a unit in mid-April.

POST #71 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Cjohnson6965 is offline Old Post 03-22-2004 04:05 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Cjohnson6965 Find more posts by Cjohnson6965 Add Cjohnson6965 to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Cjohnson6965

I preordered mine from Tweeter. They told me that they were getting 85 too, but it comes through Houston. I think they may be doing 85 for the entire state of Texas. I put down 50%, but they didn't tell me that 100%ers get first pick. Hmm...

POST #72 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Cudahy is offline Old Post 03-22-2004 04:30 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Cudahy Find more posts by Cudahy Add Cudahy to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Cudahy

How soon will we know if the first shipment is tomorow? Will someone who knows someone who knows someone wave a flag or something?

POST #73 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Kamakzie is offline Old Post 03-22-2004 04:38 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Kamakzie Find more posts by Kamakzie Add Kamakzie to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Kamakzie
TiVo Forum Special Member

I think they are just going into production tomorrow, not shipping.

POST #74 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Britinvirg is offline Old Post 03-22-2004 06:51 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Britinvirg Find more posts by Britinvirg Add Britinvirg to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Britinvirg

I'll check with my Tweeters guy tomorrow - that way we can have a third or fouth opinion

Last time I checked it was the 15th April date that has been mentioned by quite a few folks.

We'll see

Brit

POST #75 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Cudahy is offline Old Post 03-22-2004 12:31 PM
Cudahy

Robert said they were "shipping" the limited first production of 200 "the week of March 22". They might ship 40 or so a day or wait till they have the whole 200, we have no other info to go on.

POST #76 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

sonnyducks is offline Old Post 03-23-2004 02:11 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for sonnyducks Find more posts by sonnyducks Add sonnyducks to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
sonnyducks

My first post...i've been lurking around for some time...very nice board w/ tons of info. Proud to be a member (now all I need an avatar photo with a nipple in it )

For our Dallas & Texas area members,

Just pre-ordered from Tweeter near Central and Northwest and I was #25. I too got April 15 as the date they units would arrive at the warehouse. The units should be in stores the next day.

I too asked if I paid for the unit in full would that bump me up and was also told that it would not.

Even if the date is B.S. I figured I'd have better luck getting a unit quicker from Tweeter than VE since I'm so late to the dance.

Anybody know where the Texas area warehouse is?

POST #77 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Cudahy is offline Old Post 03-23-2004 09:03 AM
Cudahy

Value Electronics is receiving and shipping 200 units from California on Wednesday March 30th. I assume if he's getting 200 on that day that Good Guys and others that had preordered early will also get an allotment on that day.

POST #78 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

DonCo is offline Old Post 03-23-2004 10:58 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for DonCo Find more posts by DonCo Add DonCo to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
DonCo

quote:
Originally posted by Cudahy
Value Electronics is receiving and shipping 200 units from California on Wednesday March 30th. I assume if he's getting 200 on that day that Good Guys and others that had preordered early will also get an allotment on that day.

I am keeping my fingers crossed and hoping you are right. I pre-ordered from Good Guys 1/29/04 and was the 68th person to order. I checked with them last Friday and was told they would get the first shipment 4/10/04, but I prefer your date of the 30th.

Don

POST #79 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Cudahy is offline Old Post 03-23-2004 10:30 PM
Cudahy

I assume that the first shipment would be based on the early pre-orders. VE wasn't the only one doing pre-orders. For those of us who preordered from Good Guys it's a question of how many they get on the first shipment and does it to the individual stores directly or through a central warehouse?

POST #80 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged