TiVo Community Forum Archive 1
READ ONLY ARCHIVES

Welcome to the TiVo Community Forum Archive
This archive covers threads on TiVo Community Forum that have not been posted to from the start until June 30, 2004.  Any thread that has a post made to it between 7/1/04 and 12/31/05, that had not been posted to, will be found in Archive 2.
This is a READ ONLY site.

Search | ARCHIVE 2 | MAIN SITE

TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.8 TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 > Main TiVo Forums > HDTV TiVo Powered PVRs
>>> "Best" oval dish (if one is better)? <<<

Forum Jump:
Search this Thread:
Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread ---> Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
BoB-O TiVo is offline Old Post 04-01-2004 07:06 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for BoB-O TiVo Find more posts by BoB-O TiVo Add BoB-O TiVo to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
BoB-O TiVo

"Best" oval dish (if one is better)?

Hello,

I'm going to join the HD ranks soon; I need to upgrade my round dish to an oval. Is any one better than the other? Keep in mind that I'm going to be running the outputs to a 5x8 multiswitch. Does this eliminate the PhaseIII?

Thanks,
BoB

POST #1 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

gimp is offline Old Post 04-01-2004 07:08 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for gimp Find more posts by gimp Add gimp to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
gimp

My ChannelMaster GainMaster works great, even in the rain.

POST #2 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

JimSpence is offline Old Post 04-01-2004 08:08 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for JimSpence Visit JimSpence's homepage! Find more posts by JimSpence Add JimSpence to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JimSpence
TiVo Forum Special Member

The Phase III dish will work just fine with a 5x8 multiswitch. I have had no problems with the WNC dish that DirecTV installed last December. Just be sure that the 5x8 multiswitch is cascadable.

Waivers for all four nets are in place.
I'm suspicious of newbies, but tolerant!
And, just because I have a bunch of posts doesn't mean I'm always right.
Add 1231 for accurate post count.

POST #3 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

BoB-O TiVo is offline Old Post 04-01-2004 11:33 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for BoB-O TiVo Find more posts by BoB-O TiVo Add BoB-O TiVo to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
BoB-O TiVo

Thanks! Will DirecTV give you a 5x8 cascadable if they give you a PhaseIII on an installed package?

BoB

POST #4 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

dswallow is offline Old Post 04-01-2004 12:07 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for dswallow Visit dswallow's homepage! Find more posts by dswallow Add dswallow to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dswallow
+258PC

quote:
Originally posted by BoB-O TiVo
Thanks! Will DirecTV give you a 5x8 cascadable if they give you a PhaseIII on an installed package?
If it's necessary for the number of tuners you have, yes. Though usually you need to be very clear about that need when scheduling the install. And if you need it to be a 5x8 versus a 4x8 so you can distribute an antenna signal too, you need to be clear about that as well.

TiVo Community Forum Member Posting Statistics (updated daily)
List your local digital television broadcast stations by direction/distance
AVSForum Local HDTV Info & Reception index by DMA/City

POST #5 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Chris Gerhard is offline Old Post 04-01-2004 04:11 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Chris Gerhard Find more posts by Chris Gerhard Add Chris Gerhard to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Chris Gerhard
TiVo Forum Special Member

quote:
Originally posted by BoB-O TiVo

BoB

If you need a multiswitch for your installation, DirecTV will provide one. No guarantee of model number of the multiswitch.

Chris

POST #6 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged