TiVo Community Forum Archive 1
READ ONLY ARCHIVES

Welcome to the TiVo Community Forum Archive
This archive covers threads on TiVo Community Forum that have not been posted to from the start until June 30, 2004.  Any thread that has a post made to it between 7/1/04 and 12/31/05, that had not been posted to, will be found in Archive 2.
This is a READ ONLY site.

Search | ARCHIVE 2 | MAIN SITE

TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.8 TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 > Main TiVo Forums > HDTV TiVo Powered PVRs
>>> HR10-250 prototype photographs <<<

Pages (5): « First ... « Prev 2 3 4 [5]  
Forum Jump:
Search this Thread:
Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread ---> Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
tmprly banned is offline Old Post 04-08-2004 09:26 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for tmprly banned Find more posts by tmprly banned Add tmprly banned to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
tmprly banned

quote:
Originally posted by k2ue
It's always surprised me that people don't like boards with "fixes" -- I'm partial to boards that work -- "pretty" is secondary. Modern PCB's are very expensive and long lead -- the economics of throwing them out (and stopping production) for a small problem are not there.

my original post about no little blue wires was just about genuine surprise, I wasn't making any judgments about if it was pretty or anything.

Seeing as how quite a few of the first run production models of late have had afterwork, i was pretty amazed that a board with a big yellow prototype sticker didn't have any of that.

thats all.

POST #81 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

hongcho is offline Old Post 04-13-2004 03:29 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for hongcho Find more posts by hongcho Add hongcho to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
hongcho

So, it does look like the HDMI port is on a daughter-card... Maybe, they are just replacing the cards?

Hong.

POST #82 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

aaronwt is offline Old Post 04-13-2004 03:33 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for aaronwt Visit aaronwt's homepage! Find more posts by aaronwt Add aaronwt to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
aaronwt
Advanced Member

That would explain the quick turnaround.

POST #83 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

tmprly banned is offline Old Post 04-13-2004 07:43 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for tmprly banned Find more posts by tmprly banned Add tmprly banned to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
tmprly banned

huh?

are you guys saying they changed out (or are changing out) the hdmi boards?

POST #84 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

pkscout is offline Old Post 04-13-2004 08:00 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for pkscout Find more posts by pkscout Add pkscout to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
pkscout
TiVo Forum Special Member

quote:
Originally posted by tmprly banned
huh?

are you guys saying they changed out (or are changing out) the hdmi boards?

That's what we're being told is the reason for the most recent delay. Check out the second post on the VE Preorder thread. It looks like the company that made the boards made them not quite standard sized but since they also make the cable included with the unit, nobody noticed. Somebody finally thought plugging another cable in would be a good test (duh), and found out standard HDMI cables are too lose and will just fall off. So they're replacing all the daughter cards and shipping stuff out even later.

POST #85 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

tmprly banned is offline Old Post 04-13-2004 09:15 AM
tmprly banned

sorry- I read everything before i hit the monster thread. And even thn i'm no sissy- i go right to the new posts in order to get the whole feel of the thing!

i'm still only on page 88 in fact but figured i bette come back and post here before another 3 hours pass...

sorry again.

POST #86 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Tom in OH is offline Old Post 04-13-2004 09:23 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Tom in OH Find more posts by Tom in OH Add Tom in OH to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Tom in OH

quote:
Originally posted by tmprly banned

i'm still only on page 88 in fact but figured i bette come back and post here before another 3 hours pass...

sorry again.

good idea - 3 hrs. might correspond to another 30 pages on the monster....

POST #87 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Griffon is offline Old Post 04-13-2004 11:14 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Griffon Find more posts by Griffon Add Griffon to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Griffon

I wonder if this will also address the HDMI to DVI conversion bug... of if the chip is the same.

POST #88 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

hongcho is offline Old Post 04-13-2004 11:25 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for hongcho Find more posts by hongcho Add hongcho to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
hongcho

I doubt they will be replacing the chip. The problem was for the HDMI plastic connector thingy.

I mean they could, theoreitcally, but at what costs? (It's a whole different QC testing between a plastic connector vs. the HDMI transmitter.)

Hong.

POST #89 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

slocko is offline Old Post 04-13-2004 11:58 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for slocko Find more posts by slocko Add slocko to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
slocko
Advanced Member

does this mean that now the supplied cables will no longer fit into the corrected port?

hopefullly they test the original cable with the new port!

POST #90 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

pkscout is offline Old Post 04-14-2004 12:01 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for pkscout Find more posts by pkscout Add pkscout to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
pkscout
TiVo Forum Special Member

quote:
Originally posted by slocko
does this mean that now the supplied cables will no longer fit into the corrected port?

hopefullly they test the original cable with the new port!

You'd think they'd do that, but QA hasn't shown a great deal of thought (any apparently), so that would be the funny ironic ending is that they ship a cable that won't fit. I personally hope they take the cable and the board, replace them both, and then take them to the company that doesn't know how to read spec sheets and lets them know how we all feel.

POST #91 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

erehm is offline Old Post 04-25-2004 10:30 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for erehm Visit erehm's homepage! Find more posts by erehm Add erehm to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
erehm

BCM3520 Inside?

Can someone check inside....is the OTA ATSC 8-VSB chip in the HR10-250 the Broadcom BCM3510 or the BCM3520?

I find it hard to believe it's the BCM3520 since the recent press release says the part is "available in sample quantities today".

(Be careful...Broadcom also makes a dual cable front end chip called the BCM3250, which is entirely another animal...)

/eric

POST #92 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged