TiVo Community Forum Archive 1
READ ONLY ARCHIVES

Welcome to the TiVo Community Forum Archive
This archive covers threads on TiVo Community Forum that have not been posted to from the start until June 30, 2004.  Any thread that has a post made to it between 7/1/04 and 12/31/05, that had not been posted to, will be found in Archive 2.
This is a READ ONLY site.

Search | ARCHIVE 2 | MAIN SITE

TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.8 TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 > Main TiVo Forums > HDTV TiVo Powered PVRs
>>> New PreOrder Thread <<<

Pages (10): « First ... « Prev 7 8 9 [10]  
Forum Jump:
Search this Thread:
Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread ---> Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
BillF is offline Old Post 04-06-2004 04:34 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for BillF Find more posts by BillF Add BillF to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
BillF
Old Member

I want to make a sincere offer to anyone in the first 200 that may be out of town this week or jury duty or whatever and is concerned about their shipment.

You could change your shipping address to mine and next week when you are back, I can ship mine, #218, to your address. PM me if you want to take me up on this fantastic offer.

POST #181 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Gromit is offline Old Post 04-06-2004 05:52 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Gromit Find more posts by Gromit Add Gromit to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Gromit
TiVo Forum Special Member

quote:
Originally posted by elfersan
This forum could sure use an "ignore user" feature.

Once again the few ruin it for the majority.

Click the 'profile' button that appears in a post by the person you want to ignore. There's a link near the bottom to add that person to your ignore list.

POST #182 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

jim_arrows is offline Old Post 04-06-2004 06:06 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for jim_arrows Find more posts by jim_arrows Add jim_arrows to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jim_arrows
Member since 12/2000

quote:
Originally posted by Gromit
Click the 'profile' button that appears in a post by the person you want to ignore. There's a link near the bottom to add that person to your ignore list.

Thanks Gromit!! TMF is the first person I've ever needed to use that feature for, thanks for pointing it out...

Doug, if you're still updating the list, might as well fill in my info:

Time of Order: 1/20/2004 8:50:35 PM
Order Type: Email
Order ID: 12919

Jim

POST #183 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

dyanni is offline Old Post 04-06-2004 06:13 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for dyanni Visit dyanni's homepage! Find more posts by dyanni Add dyanni to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dyanni
Happy now

I got charged, YIPPIE!

04/05/2004 XXXXXCARD 0401
VALUE ELECTRONICS.COM 800-789-5050 NY
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX $854.99

POST #184 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

slocko is offline Old Post 04-06-2004 06:41 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for slocko Find more posts by slocko Add slocko to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
slocko
Advanced Member

You guys should post in this thread so Doug can update the information:

http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-v...threadid=169031

POST #185 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

slocko is offline Old Post 04-06-2004 06:42 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for slocko Find more posts by slocko Add slocko to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
slocko
Advanced Member

the only problem with the ignore feature is that usually someone will reply to the ignored person's post and you get to read it anyway

POST #186 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

ricaltman is offline Old Post 04-06-2004 07:00 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for ricaltman Visit ricaltman's homepage! Find more posts by ricaltman Add ricaltman to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ricaltman

Re: Tioholic... 350ish We Wish!

quote:
Originally posted by jculp99
I hear ya brother, I'm a couple of spaces above you in the list. Don't want to burst your bubble but I count us at at least 160 spaces below the 350 mark. Not exactly 350ish (I wish!). Guess we need to pace ourselves a bit!

Probably more like 700ish.

POST #187 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

ricaltman is offline Old Post 04-06-2004 07:08 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for ricaltman Visit ricaltman's homepage! Find more posts by ricaltman Add ricaltman to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ricaltman

quote:
Originally posted by tbirdman
Oh so you don't let other people talk about something else but it's OK for you, MR White Castle?
I just thought I'd point out you are doing exactly what you complain he did.

POST #188 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

TomB is offline Old Post 04-06-2004 07:38 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for TomB Find more posts by TomB Add TomB to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
TomB

Off topic: "Thanks, anyway, guys for the education on how to ignore someone..."

On Topic: Still no word from Ultimate Electronics on their ETA... (sigh)

POST #189 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

MisterEd is offline Old Post 04-06-2004 07:38 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for MisterEd Find more posts by MisterEd Add MisterEd to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
MisterEd
Very Large Member

Probably just about last.

quote:
Originally posted by Niles Overly
I just ordered mine from VE a few minutes ago..anyone have any idea what number on the list I would be??..Hopefully, within my lifetime..thanks..Niles

POST #190 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

TivoAholic is offline Old Post 04-06-2004 07:47 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for TivoAholic Find more posts by TivoAholic Add TivoAholic to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
TivoAholic
EX-UltimateTv Junkie

Re: Re: Tioholic... 350ish We Wish!

quote:
Origianall posted by Jculp99
I hear ya brother, I'm a couple of spaces above you in the list. Don't want to burst your bubble but I count us at at least 160 spaces below the 350 mark. Not exactly 350ish (I wish!). Guess we need to pace ourselves a bit!

quote:
Originally posted by ricaltman
Probably more like 700ish.

I have 2 Orders in... One is #350 ish... Second is #700 ish...

Last edited by TivoAholic on 04-06-2004 at 07:53 PM

POST #191 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

jculp99 is offline Old Post 04-06-2004 07:57 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for jculp99 Find more posts by jculp99 Add jculp99 to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jculp99

Re: Re: Re: Tioholic... 350ish We Wish!

quote:
Originally posted by TivoAholic
I have 2 Orders in... One is #350 ish... Second is #700 ish...

My Bad. Checked for that but didn't catch it. Congrats!! - Hope you get in on the second batch!

POST #192 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

TivoAholic is offline Old Post 04-06-2004 08:45 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for TivoAholic Find more posts by TivoAholic Add TivoAholic to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
TivoAholic
EX-UltimateTv Junkie

Re: Re: Re: Re: Tioholic... 350ish We Wish!

quote:
Originally posted by jculp99
My Bad. Checked for that but didn't catch it. Congrats!! - Hope you get in on the second batch!

I hope so...I'm keeping Everything Crossed! LOL

POST #193 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

borghe is offline Old Post 04-06-2004 08:47 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for borghe Find more posts by borghe Add borghe to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
borghe

believe it or not, I have to agree with tmf on that last thread... I understand the nature of large community threads and the purpose they serve.. it was just a shame that the official "unofficial" preorder thread had so much other junk in it also. I feel I have a right to feel that way also. I had been reading that thread since the beginning (pre-ordered on 1/19), and I felt a habitual need to check that thread every day just to see if any new or relevant info was posted.. unfortunately if you waited a day or so to check it, you would have to go through 6-8 pages of, well quite frankly, crap. The truly sad part is that amongst those 6-8 pages were usually a handful of nuggets of valuable information.. but scanning through the crap to get to the info became almost laborous.

the fall of that thread was simple. a community thread should have never been mixed with an information thread. if you wanted a place to kill time and talk about various things until the pre-order came, you should have created a community thread. If not allowed in this forum than in the Happy Hour forum.. then another thread should have been made specifically for pre-orders and direct information and questions directly related to pre-orders..

and no this isn't me being some board tyrant.. it is the rules of this forum and most others. You can argue all you want on what/who motivated the moderator into looking at closing the thread down, but the bottom line is that he made the decision himself to actually do so, and there was most definitely justification behind it. 97% of that thread was 100% off-topic. You can call it a community thread or whatever, but you ended up forcing that community thread onto readers who just wanted info on the pre-orders.. yes you would usually keep the main info posted within three pages from the end, but as a new reader coming into the last thread, frankly reading an entire page of some of what was being talked about would have me give up on the thread without even bothering.

I also feel it is unjust for people to single out someone based on how long they had been reading the thread. Not everyone is obssessing about their pre-order everyday on this forum, and it is unfair to think less of them because they choose not to. Maybe someone pre-ordered back in the beginning but only checks this forum a few times a month tops.. They don't deserve any less respect than someone who posted 50-300 times in that thread alone...

Sorry for going on like this.. I understand that there was some hurt feelings and pride in the closing of that thread on both sides, but IMHO the bottom line was that the intent of that thread, the organization and distribution of information directly related to the HD Tivo, was lost from very early on. It is also my opinion that what the thread turned into should have been totally separated from that intent.

Hopefully it now has.. this thread is going south, but the new one that doug started will hopefully keep itself as a place to find out info on pre-orders with VE and if you guys want to do something to kill time while waiting, hopefully you will open a community thread either here or in Happy Hour to fill that fix...

POST #194 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

slocko is offline Old Post 04-06-2004 08:57 PM
slocko
Advanced Member

If you read Doug's new thread, you will see that it's exactly like the one that was closed. The only difference is that he is updating the information on the first page instead of having it appear every 40 posts like the old thread.

Without Doug the old thread would neve have existed. So I don't know why people where complaining. After it was closed, you saw that we had to check several different threads to see if there was any new information and Doug's lists was no where to be found. Thankfully Doug found a way to please the mods and keep the spirit of the old thread alive.

Go ahead and read his thread. He clearly states what the intent of the thread is. A thread to pass time and not to read beyond the first posts.

POST #195 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

willetts is offline Old Post 04-07-2004 01:34 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for willetts Find more posts by willetts Add willetts to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
willetts

Add my order 1/25/2004
Order Number 13067

POST #196 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

sdf777 is offline Old Post 04-07-2004 05:56 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for sdf777 Find more posts by sdf777 Add sdf777 to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
sdf777

to Moderator.

I have no problem in closing this thread as the other "Doug" thread is motoring along.

POST #197 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

leesweet is offline Old Post 04-07-2004 06:28 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for leesweet Find more posts by leesweet Add leesweet to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
leesweet
TiVo Forum Special Member

If you want a Mod to see your request, it's better to report it (see link at right). You can't assume they are reading all of them. (Although they may be reading the preorder ones... )

POST #198 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged