TiVo Community Forum Archive 1
READ ONLY ARCHIVES

Welcome to the TiVo Community Forum Archive
This archive covers threads on TiVo Community Forum that have not been posted to from the start until June 30, 2004.  Any thread that has a post made to it between 7/1/04 and 12/31/05, that had not been posted to, will be found in Archive 2.
This is a READ ONLY site.

Search | ARCHIVE 2 | MAIN SITE

TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.8 TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 > Main TiVo Forums > HDTV TiVo Powered PVRs
>>> New PreOrder Thread <<<

Pages (10): « Prev 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 Next » ... Last »  
Forum Jump:
Search this Thread:
Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread ---> Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
slocko is offline Old Post 04-06-2004 01:59 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for slocko Find more posts by slocko Add slocko to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
slocko
Advanced Member

What number were you Todd?

POST #61 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

ricaltman is offline Old Post 04-06-2004 02:10 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for ricaltman Visit ricaltman's homepage! Find more posts by ricaltman Add ricaltman to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ricaltman

quote:
Originally posted by Paperboy2003
Still no definitive word on how many are going out in the first batch? or where it is officially shipping from? I don't know why it hasn't been answered in the past thread or this one. Lets say hypothetically, that I'm number 400.....am I in the second batch? the third? or would I be into mid-May? I wish that one question could be answered b/c there are many who aren't in the priveledged first 200 who would love to have an idea on when we can expect our new toy. I know we probably can't get 'exact' numbers, but an estimate would be great.

Doug

I talked to them Saturday, I think, and although very nice on the phone, they were evasive about my place on the list or when I might get mine shipped. I ordered on 2/4. The best they could do was tell me "the end of April or beginning of May."

POST #62 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

leesweet is offline Old Post 04-06-2004 02:10 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for leesweet Find more posts by leesweet Add leesweet to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
leesweet
TiVo Forum Special Member

AFAIK, Robert is still expecting to delivery all orders made before 3/18 by the first week in May as originally promised. At least, I never saw him post to the contrary. But that's dependent on those 'weekly and biweekly allocations' we were talking about a day or so ago, of course!

I think that's all still on schedule or only a few days late.

POST #63 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

bigcb37 is offline Old Post 04-06-2004 02:12 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for bigcb37 Find more posts by bigcb37 Add bigcb37 to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
bigcb37
Willing Member

quote:
Originally posted by Todd
BTW, make sure you confirm your shipping address if you're shipping it to someplace other than your home, such as your office, etc.

I am having mine shipped to my office, and I called up VE to confirm the shipping address and they told me there was no need to do so.

Why do you think you need to confirm this? Do I need to speak with someone else at VE?

POST #64 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

ricaltman is offline Old Post 04-06-2004 02:20 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for ricaltman Visit ricaltman's homepage! Find more posts by ricaltman Add ricaltman to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ricaltman

quote:
Originally posted by lady400
The "list" shows me somewhere around 450 (I think).
I ordered a couple of days before you and have been thinking I'm about 450 too. However, after parsing the pre-order list very unscientifically, I'm afraid we are more like 600, which is end of April at least, which is what VE told me a couple of days ago. I'm already hyperventilating, so I don't think I can make it that far.

POST #65 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Todd is offline Old Post 04-06-2004 02:21 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Todd Find more posts by Todd Add Todd to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Todd
C Me in a C6

quote:
Originally posted by slocko
What number were you Todd?

"Seriously, I think you are on the right track, but Todd is leading." - jsmeeker

POST #66 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

chriswood is offline Old Post 04-06-2004 02:22 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for chriswood Find more posts by chriswood Add chriswood to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
chriswood

DSwallow,

This is a copy/paste from the email I received when I placed my order.

Time of Order: 2/4/2004 3:13:57 AM
Order Type: Email
Order ID: 13278

I don't know where that other order number came from!??!

chriswood

POST #67 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Todd is offline Old Post 04-06-2004 02:23 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Todd Find more posts by Todd Add Todd to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Todd
C Me in a C6

quote:
Originally posted by bigcb37
I am having mine shipped to my office, and I called up VE to confirm the shipping address and they told me there was no need to do so.

Why do you think you need to confirm this? Do I need to speak with someone else at VE?

I only said that because I don't think Wendy realized there was a different shipping address at first. They probably have it right for most people... I had an issue because I had changed the order later to add a 2nd regular TiVo.

"Seriously, I think you are on the right track, but Todd is leading." - jsmeeker

POST #68 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Dan203 is offline Old Post 04-06-2004 02:27 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Dan203 Visit Dan203's homepage! Find more posts by Dan203 Add Dan203 to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dan203
Cyn-er

FYI:This forum is for discussion of HDTiVos and related topics only. If you want to discuss the off topic subjects that got the other thread closed there is an entire forum dedicated to discussing those topics called the Happy Hour.

Kepp it on topic and I promise this thread will remain open.

Dan

All with Lifetime
Note: Two of the above TiVos actually belong to loopey, but I have access to them so I'm counting them

"It's all fun and games until someone loses an eye" - loopey
"Dan's absolutely correct." - TiVoPony (link)
"Dan's absolutely correct." - TiVoOpsMgr (link)

POST #69 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

hongcho is offline Old Post 04-06-2004 02:30 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for hongcho Find more posts by hongcho Add hongcho to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
hongcho

The Mod is here, the Mod is here!

Anyway, my guess on the production allocation is this. This week, everything goes to VE. Next week, most goes to VE with some going to others. The week after that, none goes to VE and all goes to others. The week after that, VE gets some and others as well. And this will continue on.

Just my guess.

Hong.

POST #70 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

slocko is offline Old Post 04-06-2004 02:31 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for slocko Find more posts by slocko Add slocko to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
slocko
Advanced Member

Dan did you kick Doug off the site? He has been absent since you closed the thread?

POST #71 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

slocko is offline Old Post 04-06-2004 02:33 AM
slocko
Advanced Member

Robert said he would get weekly and maybe even bi-weekly shipments through May.

quote:
Originally posted by hongcho
The Mod is here, the Mod is here!

Anyway, my guess on the production allocation is this. This week, everything goes to VE. Next week, most goes to VE with some going to others. The week after that, none goes to VE and all goes to others. The week after that, VE gets some and others as well. And this will continue on.

Just my guess.

Hong.

POST #72 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

leesweet is offline Old Post 04-06-2004 02:33 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for leesweet Find more posts by leesweet Add leesweet to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
leesweet

Hm, not quite (as I remember) what Robert reported, but perhaps we and he won't know until the trucks show up next week and after! I don't care so much (sacrilege!) if I get mine before May 7th, but it will be interesting to see if he can keep his original 'conservative' promise to deliver all pre-3/18 orders by the [end of?] 'the first week in May'.

Edit: Darn, do we all think alike now after weeks on the other thread?!

POST #73 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

jkeane is offline Old Post 04-06-2004 02:33 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for jkeane Visit jkeane's homepage! Find more posts by jkeane Add jkeane to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jkeane

With certain credit cards (American Express, for instance), it can be difficult to get authorization if the shipping address is not the same as the billing address. Amex actually retains a list of addresses that you ship to, so if you've used the address in the past, you shouldn't have a problem.

POST #74 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Bananfish is offline Old Post 04-06-2004 02:34 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Bananfish Find more posts by Bananfish Add Bananfish to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bananfish
Preowned Member

Is there any truth to the rumor that Robert was seen leaving a Swiss bank today with a money order in one hand and a plane ticket to a small island in the south Pacific in the other?

:-)

LR/BR Rcvr: Hughes GXCEBOT DirecTiVo/DirecTV Director Pack
DVD/VCR: Philips Q50 DVD/JVC (cheapie)
HTIB: Onkyo HT-S650 (HT-R500 A/V rcvr + SKS-HT500 speakers)

POST #75 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

leesweet is offline Old Post 04-06-2004 02:37 AM
leesweet

quote:
Originally posted by Judiciary
Your sig says you are the moderator of the Happy Hour, Help Center, and Coffee House forums....so why don't you just go back to where you belong.

Woo! Trace the IP address, quick!
In *any* case, those who look at the top of HD TiVo forum see Dan's Mod ID clearly there. (I wonder if some of the troublemakers are (again?) creating new IDs? This is really getting old.)

POST #76 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

K-bueno is offline Old Post 04-06-2004 02:37 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for K-bueno Find more posts by K-bueno Add K-bueno to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
K-bueno

Yah...let me wait till the day before the HD Tivo will ship and then I'll close the preorder thread. That wouldn't cause any confusion now ...would it?

POST #77 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

hongcho is offline Old Post 04-06-2004 02:37 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for hongcho Find more posts by hongcho Add hongcho to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
hongcho

> Robert said he would get weekly and maybe even bi-weekly shipments through May.

What I said was based on the "bi-weekly" starting at the end of the month comment from Robert.

Hong.

POST #78 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

slocko is offline Old Post 04-06-2004 02:40 AM
slocko
Advanced Member

Oh that's right. we did cover the definition in that other thread

quote:
Originally posted by hongcho
> Robert said he would get weekly and maybe even bi-weekly shipments through May.

What I said was based on the "bi-weekly" starting at the end of the month comment from Robert.

Hong.

POST #79 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

slocko is offline Old Post 04-06-2004 02:41 AM
slocko
Advanced Member

Hey keep it on topic

quote:
Originally posted by Bananfish
Is there any truth to the rumor that Robert was seen leaving a Swiss bank today with a money order in one hand and a plane ticket to a small island in the south Pacific in the other?

:-)

POST #80 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged