TiVo Community Forum Archive 1
READ ONLY ARCHIVES

Welcome to the TiVo Community Forum Archive
This archive covers threads on TiVo Community Forum that have not been posted to from the start until June 30, 2004.  Any thread that has a post made to it between 7/1/04 and 12/31/05, that had not been posted to, will be found in Archive 2.
This is a READ ONLY site.

Search | ARCHIVE 2 | MAIN SITE

TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.8 TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 > Main TiVo Forums > HDTV TiVo Powered PVRs
>>> New PreOrder Thread <<<

Pages (10): « Prev 1 [2] 3 4 5 Next » ... Last »  
Forum Jump:
Search this Thread:
Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread ---> Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
btwyx is offline Old Post 04-06-2004 12:15 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for btwyx Find more posts by btwyx Add btwyx to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
btwyx
TiVo Forum Special Member

Is there any hard news, or even just informed speculation on when these are going to arrive with Value Electronics? and thus when we're going to actually get them. If anyone's mentioned this I've missed it.

Also the authorisation against my credit card fell off over the weekend. It was for the right amount $874.99 while it lasted.

POST #21 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

jarredduq is offline Old Post 04-06-2004 12:17 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for jarredduq Visit jarredduq's homepage! Find more posts by jarredduq Add jarredduq to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jarredduq

The hold is still on my card (Washington Mutual)

POST #22 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

tmf aficionado is offline Old Post 04-06-2004 12:18 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for tmf aficionado Find more posts by tmf aficionado Add tmf aficionado to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
tmf aficionado
Critical Thinker

quote:
Originally posted by JohnF
If you have gone to the trouble of drafting a dispute letter

A while back, I wrote a MS Word based wizard for credit card billing disputes which generates the letter and prints the envelope in about five clicks.

It's a huge time saver, and it makes online shopping a breeze.

POST #23 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

leesweet is offline Old Post 04-06-2004 12:18 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for leesweet Find more posts by leesweet Add leesweet to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
leesweet

Last 'hard' news I recall (about 1000 posts ago) was that Robert expected to ship the first ones tomorrow 4/6, and I don't know if he will know more until the truck with 200 (?) shows up!

POST #24 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

mchaney is offline Old Post 04-06-2004 12:20 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for mchaney Find more posts by mchaney Add mchaney to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
mchaney
Dude THERE'S my Tivo

quote:
Originally posted by btwyx
Also the authorisation against my credit card fell off over the weekend. It was for the right amount $874.99 while it lasted.

I believe retailers are obligated to ship within 48 hours of the actual charge to your card, so that's probably why the authorization dropped off: it couldn't be shipped within that timeframe.

Mike

POST #25 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

JohnF is offline Old Post 04-06-2004 12:25 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for JohnF Find more posts by JohnF Add JohnF to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JohnF

quote:
Originally posted by tmf aficionado
A while back, I wrote a MS Word based wizard for credit card billing disputes which generates the letter and prints the envelope in about five clicks.

That's great. Being a "huge time saver" means you must get in disputes on a regular basis.

POST #26 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

tmf aficionado is offline Old Post 04-06-2004 12:33 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for tmf aficionado Find more posts by tmf aficionado Add tmf aficionado to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
tmf aficionado
Critical Thinker

Getting back to the topic at hand -

When somebody has a backup image of their stock HD tivo drive, can you please PM me? There are a couple things in the software I'd like to take a look at. Thanks.

POST #27 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Shark73 is offline Old Post 04-06-2004 12:34 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Shark73 Find more posts by Shark73 Add Shark73 to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Shark73

quote:

When somebody has a backup image of their stock HD tivo drive, can you please PM me? There are a couple things in the software I'd like to take a look at. Thanks.

POST #28 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

dropper is offline Old Post 04-06-2004 12:40 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for dropper Find more posts by dropper Add dropper to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dropper
UTV Zealot

quote:

Sorry about the "are you TMF?", I was actually thinking you might be KC, but typed the wrong thing.

But, wow, I think in my entire online buying, I have only disputed one thing, and that was because someone had stolen my credit card info, and it was a formallity. Interesting that you have had to set up a macro to do such things. Do you have your complaints filed by week, or by vendor?

Keith

1 105hr Sony SAT-W60 UltimateTV
1 40hr Sony SAT-W60 UltimateTV

POST #29 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

sonnyducks is offline Old Post 04-06-2004 12:42 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for sonnyducks Find more posts by sonnyducks Add sonnyducks to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
sonnyducks

Anyone check Vegas for the odds on if this thing is gonna ship tomorrow?

POST #30 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

BFS is offline Old Post 04-06-2004 12:45 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for BFS Find more posts by BFS Add BFS to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
BFS

quote:

I would be willing to send or FTP the backup to you.

But....
I would be afraid that it might crash your system and then I would be in for one of those "form letter" complaints that are such a time saver for you.

So....
Maybe someone else here will step up to the plate and take the challenge.

POST #31 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

dropper is offline Old Post 04-06-2004 12:47 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for dropper Find more posts by dropper Add dropper to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dropper
UTV Zealot

quote:
Originally posted by sonnyducks
Anyone check Vegas for the odds on if this thing is gonna ship tomorrow?

What's the weather been like between Mexico and NJ the last week. I would bet that we won't see them shipping until the 8th, since that was the latest this batch was supposed to get there. Shippers seem to allways take the most amount of time possible.

Keith

1 105hr Sony SAT-W60 UltimateTV
1 40hr Sony SAT-W60 UltimateTV

POST #32 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

lady400 is offline Old Post 04-06-2004 12:55 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for lady400 Find more posts by lady400 Add lady400 to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
lady400

I apologize in advance for this question. I have been through several dozen pages of the original thread trying to find the info, but so far....

I have a pre-order with VE, although not in the first wave. The "list" shows me somewhere around 450 (I think). I have seen the references to the emails from Robert with the documents that need to be returned. To my knowledge, I have not received any such email.

Should everyone have received this email by now, or only the first wave? I hate to call and bug VE during such a busy time if it is not necessary. I don't have any spam filters on.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

POST #33 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

ebonovic is offline Old Post 04-06-2004 01:00 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for ebonovic Find more posts by ebonovic Add ebonovic to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ebonovic

No, not everyone was sent the documents.

Robert and his staff is sending them out in waves, so they don't get overwhelmed.

A few posters had obtained the documents "early" and sent them, and then later reported that the folks at VE asked them NOT to do that.

But... If you are uncomfortable with not recieving them (since there where issues with bulk mail filters), give them a call or send them a direct email (not a PM to robert).

Earl

POST #34 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

ebonovic is offline Old Post 04-06-2004 01:03 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for ebonovic Find more posts by ebonovic Add ebonovic to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ebonovic

quote:

Wrong forum....
Ask in the underground, not in the Pre-Order round 2 thread.

Earl

POST #35 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

PJO1966 is offline Old Post 04-06-2004 01:03 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for PJO1966 Find more posts by PJO1966 Add PJO1966 to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
PJO1966
New & CURRENT Avatar

Robert later added that anyone who had the forms could send them in, despite where they got them from.

POST #36 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

btwyx is offline Old Post 04-06-2004 01:05 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for btwyx Find more posts by btwyx Add btwyx to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
btwyx

quote:
Originally posted by dropper
in my entire online buying, I have only disputed one thing,
I've only disputed one online transaction, and by a strange coincidence its the mirror image of TMF's scam. I ordered and payed for overnight shipping, and the stuff didn't ship for a week. I disputed the shipping porttion of the charges.

POST #37 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

btwyx is offline Old Post 04-06-2004 01:08 AM
btwyx

quote:
Originally posted by btwyx
Update.

The actual charge for $874.99 just showed up. It'd better ship today or tomorrow now. (Sorry, that sounds combative, its not meant to.)

POST #38 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

DTV TiVo Dealer is offline Old Post 04-06-2004 01:09 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for DTV TiVo Dealer Visit DTV TiVo Dealer's homepage! Find more posts by DTV TiVo Dealer Add DTV TiVo Dealer to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
DTV TiVo Dealer
Snr. Member/Retailer

Please ignore this post. I'm sorry I could not find the thread as it moved down so far I missed it.

Thanks for leaving it up for reference.

"Considering the extremely valuable technical and other non-tecnical information contained in the original pre-order thread I would recommend the moderators consider making the thread available as a read only and editing or removing anything they don't like."

Last edited by DTV TiVo Dealer on 04-06-2004 at 01:15 AM

POST #39 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

rvaniwaa is offline Old Post 04-06-2004 01:13 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for rvaniwaa Find more posts by rvaniwaa Add rvaniwaa to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
rvaniwaa
HDTiVo Owner!

Charge posted

Well, the hold on my card from last week has now turned into a charge! WOO HOO!!! (#52)

--Ron

POST #40 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged