TiVo Community Forum Archive 1
READ ONLY ARCHIVES

Welcome to the TiVo Community Forum Archive
This archive covers threads on TiVo Community Forum that have not been posted to from the start until June 30, 2004.  Any thread that has a post made to it between 7/1/04 and 12/31/05, that had not been posted to, will be found in Archive 2.
This is a READ ONLY site.

Search | ARCHIVE 2 | MAIN SITE

TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.8 TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 > Main TiVo Forums > HDTV TiVo Powered PVRs
>>> New PreOrder Thread <<<

Pages (10): « First ... « Prev 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 Next » ... Last »  
Forum Jump:
Search this Thread:
Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread ---> Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Robert L is offline Old Post 04-06-2004 02:43 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Robert L Find more posts by Robert L Add Robert L to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Robert L
What?

Well, if VE is using the distrubutor that they have in the past at times, which is Perfect 10. Then they will be drop shipped from either Arkansas, Pennslvania, or Florida.

The one in Arkansas is the main office. I know they have drop shipped the regular directivo from there, but it might completely different with the HD Tivo.

POST #81 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

sdf777 is offline Old Post 04-06-2004 02:46 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for sdf777 Find more posts by sdf777 Add sdf777 to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
sdf777

Sorry honcho. Guess our new threads hit simultaneously.

POST #82 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

herdfan is offline Old Post 04-06-2004 02:48 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for herdfan Find more posts by herdfan Add herdfan to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
herdfan
Advanced Member

If the rumors are true about some of the other suppliers, and even the B&M get a good portion of supply beginning 4/10 - 4/16, how many of the VE pre-orders are going to bolt if they can get one elsewhere quicker?

POST #83 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

sdf777 is offline Old Post 04-06-2004 02:49 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for sdf777 Find more posts by sdf777 Add sdf777 to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
sdf777

I didn't make the $100 deposit just so I could bolt if necessary.

POST #84 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

ebonovic is offline Old Post 04-06-2004 02:50 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for ebonovic Find more posts by ebonovic Add ebonovic to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ebonovic
TiVo Forum Special Member

not many, as B&M will not be able to honor the $899 pre-order price.
Plus then add sales tax...

You are looking at any where between $125 and $200 in savings by going with VE. Even if it takes a few extra days (or weeks)

Earl

POST #85 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

JohnA is offline Old Post 04-06-2004 02:55 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for JohnA Find more posts by JohnA Add JohnA to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JohnA

Wonder if Doug was banned from the forum? Mods don't like an outsider taking charge.

POST #86 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

jcondon is offline Old Post 04-06-2004 02:56 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for jcondon Find more posts by jcondon Add jcondon to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jcondon

I ordered two over the coarse of a week. I might be tempted to pick one up locally if I can it locally before VE ships. I figure by the end of this week or early next I should hopefully have a better idea when I might get mine. If its only a couple days diff I will wait. If its a week or more I might get one locally and cancel the later order with VE.

I would imagine though around here Best Buy and Circuit City will not be in any rush to get them on the shelves. So even if they get them in their warehouse before Robert gets to my order it might be a few days before they make it to the shelf at Best Buy or Circuit City.

I am just guessing at my place in the queue. I believe one might be at the tail end of the second batch. But, maybe not till the third. The other is probably shipment 4 or 5.

POST #87 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

jcondon is offline Old Post 04-06-2004 02:59 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for jcondon Find more posts by jcondon Add jcondon to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jcondon

$125 to $200?

Value Electronics is giving upto $100 off. Plus at least $15 shipping (for ground). So for me I saved $85.

Or are the local shops going to sell them for well over $999?

Am I missing something?

POST #88 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

scottchez is offline Old Post 04-06-2004 03:00 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for scottchez Find more posts by scottchez Add scottchez to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
scottchez

% V E Customer Suggestion box

VE (Robert) spread sheet proposal
=========================

How about Robert, when He gets a chance next week, post a detailed Spread sheet showing the status of each order.

I bet most of the Emails, Calls, Fax, and PMs are just from people wondering where they are in line and what was billed to Visa, and how will it ship.

It will only get worse, once others find out some shipped and theres did not.

This is an Internet Store. It should not be too hard to post something like this on the Internet. Other stores have real time status- type in an order number and then the status is given. Doug S might even be able to help as He already has a big spread sheet going.

This would take some load off of the V E calls, PMs and Faxing. It will allow them to get there jobs done, and go home at a normal hour of the day (hate so see anyone working the long hours that Robert is doing).

Here is the idea. . . .

1. Order Number (leave off screen name and customer info).
No order dates should be listed as there are two
lists (Internet & Phone).

2. Billing- was final amount charged to the Visa yet?

3. Latest Shipping method requested by customer.

4. Order Que'ed yet?
Yes- Forms sent and need returned, visa will be billed soon.
No- no forms sent yet, do not fax them yet. Do not call or make
changes to shipping yet.

5. Place in Line (Que rank). Estimated Ship date (if scheduled for sometime in the next week).

6. Problems- if the order is Qued and the forms are missing or the Visa did not run- then at the end the Whole Order Number should be listed so the person will know to call.

Just an idea to help the whole thing run faster (so we can all stop wondering). Like something you would put in a suggestion box.

POST #89 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

hongcho is offline Old Post 04-06-2004 03:00 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for hongcho Find more posts by hongcho Add hongcho to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
hongcho

> Sorry honcho. Guess our new threads hit simultaneously.

Nothing to be sorry about. I asked the mod to close the other thread.

Hong.

POST #90 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

hongcho is offline Old Post 04-06-2004 03:01 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for hongcho Find more posts by hongcho Add hongcho to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
hongcho

> Or are the local shops going to sell them for well over $999?

I think he lives in a state where there still is something called a sales tax.

Hong.

POST #91 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

yurkope is offline Old Post 04-06-2004 03:01 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for yurkope Find more posts by yurkope Add yurkope to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yurkope

Back in Jan, when I ordered, Robert told me this...

DTV TiVo Dealer wrote on Yesterday 09:29 AM:
Thanks Peter, yours will ship directly form the Hughes distribution warehouse in Little Rock, AR the day they arrive.

.....whether this is still true, don't know. But it mentions Arkansas as the shipping point, which would be great since I am in St. Louis.

Panny TH-42P
Yamaha RX-V596
Harmony SST-659

POST #92 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

hongcho is offline Old Post 04-06-2004 03:03 AM
hongcho

It is interesting that VE has several drop-ship points. I didn't know about it. At least, AR is close to CA than NY is.

Hong.

POST #93 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

chezpaul is offline Old Post 04-06-2004 03:03 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for chezpaul Find more posts by chezpaul Add chezpaul to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
chezpaul

I'm with the moderator, that thread was far too wacked. It would always take me about 30 minutes to find the info I needed. I'd also say Doug was banned cause he would already have written something. Or he might be dead.. cause that thread WAS his life. :-)

Anyway, I'm hoping some retail close to me might have one sooner than early-mid May cause that's too far away. Then again, because no one (Robert) will tell me my position, I'm left in the dark in regards to my order. Just that will have me buy it somewhere else if I get the chance.
A position number would have made me wait. I'm like that. I like fair playing.

POST #94 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

hongcho is offline Old Post 04-06-2004 03:05 AM
hongcho

But still VE hasn't changed that statement about all the pre-order will ship by early May, so it would be similar to "early-mid May" your retail store says.

Hong.

POST #95 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

hongcho is offline Old Post 04-06-2004 03:07 AM
hongcho

> I'd also say Doug was banned cause he would already have written something. Or he might be dead.. cause that thread WAS his life. :-)

If it is, maybe he's just depressed about that.

I am sure Doug has some things to do. After all, he has other things to do in his life. Or does he? Doesn't he?

Hong.

POST #96 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

jcondon is offline Old Post 04-06-2004 03:10 AM
jcondon

As do I. I live about 15 miles from Robert's store. Either way I pay 7.5% sales tax weather I get it from him or Best Buy. I guess I could drive to NJ or Connecticut (both aren't too far) and get cheaper sales tax but, last year NY State actually added a spot on the tax forms to collect the sales tax for out of state / internet purchases.

I guess depending on your state tax laws and where you live though I guess people can still save on sales tax.

quote:
Originally posted by hongcho

Hong.

POST #97 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

hongcho is offline Old Post 04-06-2004 03:14 AM
hongcho

> last year NY State actually added a spot on the tax forms to collect the sales tax for out of state / internet purchases.

As did CA. OT... I'm wondering if people actually write their purchases in...

Hong.

POST #98 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

ebonovic is offline Old Post 04-06-2004 03:16 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for ebonovic Find more posts by ebonovic Add ebonovic to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ebonovic

quote:
Originally posted by hongcho

Hong.

Yep... I am in one of those wacky mid-western states that still have Sales Tax.

In fact, it is our local Cities that set the Sales tax.
The two BB and CC's in my area, are in towns that have Sales tax between 7.5% and 9.5%

If you travel into Chicago it self, you are starting to find sales tax nearing 10% in some cases (when you add together the multiple taxes)

Earl

POST #99 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

leesweet is offline Old Post 04-06-2004 03:18 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for leesweet Find more posts by leesweet Add leesweet to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
leesweet

Just for ref, Doug's in Happy Hour, espousing on 'bigotry'. He's not banned, but probably got mod slapped. Nuff said. We now really return you to the preorder thread....

POST #100 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged