TiVo Community Forum Archive 1
READ ONLY ARCHIVES

Welcome to the TiVo Community Forum Archive
This archive covers threads on TiVo Community Forum that have not been posted to from the start until June 30, 2004.  Any thread that has a post made to it between 7/1/04 and 12/31/05, that had not been posted to, will be found in Archive 2.
This is a READ ONLY site.

Search | ARCHIVE 2 | MAIN SITE

TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.8 TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 > Main TiVo Forums > HDTV TiVo Powered PVRs
>>> New PreOrder Thread <<<

Pages (10): « First ... « Prev 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 Next » ... Last »  
Forum Jump:
Search this Thread:
Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread ---> Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
gseeg is offline Old Post 04-06-2004 03:19 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for gseeg Find more posts by gseeg Add gseeg to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
gseeg

quote:
Originally posted by JohnA
Wonder if Doug was banned from the forum? Mods don't like an outsider taking charge.

Nope, he's alive and well. Just spending the majority of his time in the Happy Hour like he used to do before this thread came along. They are carrying on the Chic-Fil-A debate.

POST #101 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

tmf aficionado is offline Old Post 04-06-2004 03:19 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for tmf aficionado Find more posts by tmf aficionado Add tmf aficionado to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
tmf aficionado
Critical Thinker

quote:
Originally posted by JohnA
Wonder if Doug was banned from the forum? Mods don't like an outsider taking charge.

Right, he's banned, that's why he's posting every 3 minutes in the chicken thread.

POST #102 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

dswallow is offline Old Post 04-06-2004 03:23 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for dswallow Visit dswallow's homepage! Find more posts by dswallow Add dswallow to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dswallow
+258PC

quote:
Originally posted by hongcho
> I'd also say Doug was banned cause he would already have written something. Or he might be dead.. cause that thread WAS his life. :-)

If it is, maybe he's just depressed about that.

I am sure Doug has some things to do. After all, he has other things to do in his life. Or does he? Doesn't he?

As there seems to be a certain amount of concern over my whereabouts and status here, let me say this for now:

I'm awaiting a discussion with David over the closing of the other thread. Until such time as I complete a discussion with him about what happened, I'm choosing not to participate in this forum section further. And after that I'll choose what to do next.

In the meantime, you will see I'm talking about chicken sandwiches in the Happy Hour. If conversation ever slows down enough I might have a chance to post in one or two other threads.

Any additions to the pre-order list can be PM'd to me. I may or may not ever see them in these replacement threads.

There was no banning, no words of warning, no notification, nothing. Dan simply locked it during the time I was enroute from home to the office. Hence my desire to discuss it with David first.

And as I said, I'm not discussing this matter (or any other) further in this forum section, but my email and PM inboxes are freely available for use by anyone.

Oh one other thing... I did actually get a PM from the elusive mprh who started the original pre-order thread.

TiVo Community Forum Member Posting Statistics (updated daily)
List your local digital television broadcast stations by direction/distance
AVSForum Local HDTV Info & Reception index by DMA/City

POST #103 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Stuigi is offline Old Post 04-06-2004 03:23 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Stuigi Visit Stuigi's homepage! Find more posts by Stuigi Add Stuigi to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Stuigi

As many of you have previously stated, I too am thrilled at seeing an 875.00 charge on my card.

Maybe I do need a psychiatrist..

POST #104 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

davidmin is offline Old Post 04-06-2004 03:23 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for davidmin Find more posts by davidmin Add davidmin to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
davidmin

I have a pending charge on my Washington Mutual account. Funny thing is, I gave them a different charge card on the fax-back form(I used WM for the deposit). Oh well, I put extra money into the WM account in case they did this. Having had too many orders messed up in the past (some my fault, some not), I'm staying on top of this one so everything goes smoothly. WM said it would clear tonight.

David (#104)

POST #105 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

cheridave is offline Old Post 04-06-2004 03:27 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for cheridave Find more posts by cheridave Add cheridave to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
cheridave
"PT Cruisers-R-Cool"

UPDATE:

WOW, pre-order thread closed, new pre-order thread opened.

No HD-TIVO yet.

Still # 216.

No CC charge yet.

Doug is in Happy Hour.

Installed my Diplexers and am now ready for my HD-TIVO.

That is all!!!!!

Dave

POST #106 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Gromit is offline Old Post 04-06-2004 03:30 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Gromit Find more posts by Gromit Add Gromit to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Gromit
TiVo Forum Special Member

quote:
Originally posted by Stuigi
As many of you have previously stated, I too am thrilled at seeing an 875.00 charge on my card.

Maybe I do need a psychiatrist..

Dammit! I'm jealous!

POST #107 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

jcondon is offline Old Post 04-06-2004 03:32 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for jcondon Find more posts by jcondon Add jcondon to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jcondon

Actually there are a few cities near me that are over 7.5%

A month or 2 ago the tax rates went up statewide. There are some towns or city that are between between 8% and 9.5% I believe. So I would have to double check and see what the sales tax is a the local shops.

Which is why I almost NEVER do any shopping in NYC. Plus its a pain to get there by car. Well parking is a pain and expensive anyway. Trains are another hassle especially if you are buying anything larger in size.

POST #108 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

hongcho is offline Old Post 04-06-2004 03:39 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for hongcho Find more posts by hongcho Add hongcho to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
hongcho

For me, with 8.25% sales tax, the tax would have been $82.42 by itself. With $100 discount, the saving would be ($182.42 - shipping).

Hong.

POST #109 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Kamakzie is offline Old Post 04-06-2004 03:41 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Kamakzie Find more posts by Kamakzie Add Kamakzie to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Kamakzie

What are Diplexers for anyways?

POST #110 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

oosik77 is offline Old Post 04-06-2004 03:42 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for oosik77 Visit oosik77's homepage! Find more posts by oosik77 Add oosik77 to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
oosik77
TiVo Maniac

Just can't resist:

The Tivo's are coming the Tivo's are coming!

POST #111 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

btwyx is offline Old Post 04-06-2004 03:45 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for btwyx Find more posts by btwyx Add btwyx to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
btwyx

quote:
Originally posted by Kamakzie
What are Diplexers for anyways?
Would you beleive diplexing?

You should have been paying attention in the old thread <http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-v...xer#post1847833>. They allow OTA antenna signals to be fed down the same co-ax as the satellite signal. They can do this as the signals are in distinctly different frequency bands. This saves on extra cabling, but some people (like I was) are suspicious of adding spurious gear in the path of the sat signal.

POST #112 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

patjoy is offline Old Post 04-06-2004 03:47 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for patjoy Find more posts by patjoy Add patjoy to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
patjoy

It is a filtered combiner/spliter, is the short answer....

Pat

POST #113 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

gamecox86 is offline Old Post 04-06-2004 03:49 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for gamecox86 Find more posts by gamecox86 Add gamecox86 to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
gamecox86

quote:
Originally posted by oosik77
Just can't resist:

The Tivo's are coming the Tivo's are coming!

Yeah, but are they by land or by sea?

POST #114 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Korkle is offline Old Post 04-06-2004 03:51 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Korkle Find more posts by Korkle Add Korkle to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Korkle

For what it is worth, I just sent the following PM to Doug. I then thought that it deserved public posting.
" Doug, Just wanted to say thank you for all you have done and how sorry I am about the BS the Mod pulled. The orginal pre-order thread started on a lark and finished as a big ass eagle! And that was, for the most part, because of you. What the Mod did not get was all of the "off-topic" stuff was just thumb twiddling --- waiting for delivery. Again, Thank you."

"Clothes make the man, naked people have little or no influence on society"
- Mark Twain -
"I have a tremendous amount of respect for Mark Twain, but obviously he never met Janet Jackson."
- balboa dave, This forum -

Last edited by Korkle on 04-06-2004 at 04:14 AM

POST #115 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Kamakzie is offline Old Post 04-06-2004 03:55 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Kamakzie Find more posts by Kamakzie Add Kamakzie to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Kamakzie

Oh ok , I remember now. I don't need them.

quote:
Originally posted by btwyx
Would you beleive diplexing?

You should have been paying attention in the old thread <http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-v...xer#post1847833>. They allow OTA antenna signals to be fed down the same co-ax as the satellite signal. They can do this as the signals are in distinctly different frequency bands. This saves on extra cabling, but some people (like I was) are suspicious of adding spurious gear in the path of the sat signal.

POST #116 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

cheridave is offline Old Post 04-06-2004 04:30 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for cheridave Find more posts by cheridave Add cheridave to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
cheridave
"PT Cruisers-R-Cool"

I will say this, if there is some denigration in the "Picture or Signal" it is negligible.

I am one of those that did not want to run another cable. I was not prepared when I found out that the HD-TIVO required two cable runs from the SAT to be completely functional. Since I already have Digital OTA I decided to give it a try.

Dave

POST #117 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

JLWINE is offline Old Post 04-06-2004 04:38 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for JLWINE Find more posts by JLWINE Add JLWINE to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JLWINE

quote:
Originally posted by tmf aficionado
A while back, I wrote a MS Word based wizard for credit card billing disputes which generates the letter and prints the envelope in about five clicks.

It's a huge time saver, and it makes online shopping a breeze.

I bet for someone like you it is indeed a HUGH time-saver.

Proud owner of:
DirecTV HR 10-250 powered by TiVo
Sony DirecTiVo 108hrs
Sony DirecTiVo Unmodified
TiVo owner since 09-99
DirecTv owner since 09-94

POST #118 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

GScott is offline Old Post 04-06-2004 04:44 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for GScott Find more posts by GScott Add GScott to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
GScott

Anyone have any idea when the second batch will arrive? I thought it was a week after the first so would that be late this week or early next week (not sure when the 1st batch actually arrived)?

POST #119 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

TivoAholic is offline Old Post 04-06-2004 04:50 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for TivoAholic Find more posts by TivoAholic Add TivoAholic to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
TivoAholic
EX-UltimateTv Junkie

According to Robert the first 200 are scheduled to ship this week on Tuesday/Wednesday. This would leave me to assume that the Next 250 would ship 7 days later...I Hope and Pray!!! (Im #350.. ish)

Please .. Please ..
I Want My HD-Tivo NOWWWWWWWW!!!!!!

POST #120 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged