TiVo Community Forum Archive 1
READ ONLY ARCHIVES

Welcome to the TiVo Community Forum Archive
This archive covers threads on TiVo Community Forum that have not been posted to from the start until June 30, 2004.  Any thread that has a post made to it between 7/1/04 and 12/31/05, that had not been posted to, will be found in Archive 2.
This is a READ ONLY site.

Search | ARCHIVE 2 | MAIN SITE

TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.8 TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 > Main TiVo Forums > HDTV TiVo Powered PVRs
>>> HR10-250 Hands on Demo @ Value Electronics! <<<

Pages (22): « First ... « Prev 19 20 21 [22]  
Forum Jump:
Search this Thread:
Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread ---> Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
ljg is offline Old Post 04-21-2004 09:27 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for ljg Find more posts by ljg Add ljg to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ljg

Sorry if this question has been answered but the thread has become very long.

If I have no desire to use the HR10-250 for SD viewing or recording do I still need to connect the Svideo for menus or can I control and setup the HD Tivo thru component out HD?

POST #421 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

jautor is offline Old Post 04-21-2004 09:42 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for jautor Find more posts by jautor Add jautor to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jautor
Also wants a pony

Everything the TiVo produces is viewable on any single output. It's all up/down converted to make that possible. So yes, you can see everything using a single connection from the TiVo to your TV...

The only "limitation" with the design is that in general, only one output connection is active at any one time (an oversimplification).

Jeff

POST #422 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Morg111 is offline Old Post 04-21-2004 09:43 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Morg111 Find more posts by Morg111 Add Morg111 to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Morg111

The title of this thread has lost complete and total meaning in my head. Its like staring at a word long enough that it no longer makes sense. Anyone who gets their HD Tivo could you please post the joyous event in the "Does anyone have it yet" thread.

Thanks

M.

POST #423 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

ljg is offline Old Post 04-21-2004 09:45 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for ljg Find more posts by ljg Add ljg to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ljg

Jeff:

Thanks, then its HD component out only hookup for me.

POST #424 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

leesweet is offline Old Post 04-21-2004 10:50 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for leesweet Find more posts by leesweet Add leesweet to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
leesweet
TiVo Forum Special Member

VE preorder folks that paid for overnight should have it tomorrow (Thurs) if all goes well.

See here for pix.

http://www.2150.com/directv/shipping_hddvr.asp

POST #425 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

aaronwt is offline Old Post 04-22-2004 01:03 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for aaronwt Visit aaronwt's homepage! Find more posts by aaronwt Add aaronwt to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
aaronwt
Advanced Member

That looks like seven pallets of 42 each.

POST #426 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

bbodin is offline Old Post 04-22-2004 01:09 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for bbodin Find more posts by bbodin Add bbodin to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
bbodin

Smile

quote:
http://www.2150.com/directv/shipping_hddvr.asp

I love the picture where he takes a picture of himself on the plane and everone is looking at him like "what the hell are you doing?" :-)

POST #427 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

PJO1966 is offline Old Post 04-22-2004 01:10 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for PJO1966 Find more posts by PJO1966 Add PJO1966 to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
PJO1966
New & CURRENT Avatar

it hasn't been mentioned here so I'll go ahead and say that the tracking numbers have started to arrive.

POST #428 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Griffon is offline Old Post 04-22-2004 01:28 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Griffon Find more posts by Griffon Add Griffon to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Griffon

Hmmm I'm hoping somebody can enlighten me a bit on a couple points.

1. If I am recording something, either cable or OTA, will my wife be able to watch live TV? It sounded like not, only something else recorded... that woul be a serious bummer. I'm looking to eliminate that problem (our old replay 4040 will allow play back but since only one tuner it can't allow you to watch a live channel and record). It sounded like this was not possible with HD Tivo which really makes me question the value a bit, but maybe I misunderstood (I hope).

2. If you need two sat connections, how do you get this? Do I have to pay D*TV for yet another connection? Currently I have two, one for the living room one for the bedroom, I had assumed it was all internal tuners and I would not have to have more cable dragged. Two OTA is less of an issue since the cable and simple be split, but is that all that is needed for the sat too?

3. If you have two sat and two OTA going int independently can somebody then watch live TV and record one thing or is it two things? Man it's tuf to follow the function caveats .

Thanks, just trying to *get it*.

POST #429 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

bbodin is offline Old Post 04-22-2004 01:49 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for bbodin Find more posts by bbodin Add bbodin to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
bbodin

1. You can record 1 program and watch another live or record 2 programs and watch a previously recorded one (not live)

2. you probably can have 4 lines running from your sat...since you only had a 2 room installation, they only ran 2. You'll just need to run another cable from the sat to your reciever (or have D* do it).

3. sounds like the 1st question, so don't think I understand. if you have 2 sat inputs and 2 ota inputs, the what I stated above in 1. applies

POST #430 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Darin is offline Old Post 04-22-2004 01:52 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Darin Visit Darin's homepage! Find more posts by Darin Add Darin to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Darin
Way Left

1. You can't record cable, period. But you CAN record one channel while watching another live channel IF you have two satellite inputs run to it.

2. You get another feed by simply running another cable from your dish or multiswitch (but if you don't have a multi-sat dish, you many not have a multiswitch, so one would have to be added). You can do it yourself, or you can hire an installer to do it. If you bought the unit from a place that included installation, that should be taken care of for you.

3. You don't need two OTA cables, THAT is split internally to the HD-TiVo. But it does need two separate satellite feeds (if you want dual tuner functionality), due to the way satellite signals between the dish and receiver work. But yes, if you have your one OTA cable, and two satellite cables run to it, someone can watch live TV, and record something else. Or you can record two things at one time, and you can watch a third, previously recorded program.

EDIT: or what bbodin said.

"I don't know how many of you have ever run over a skunk with your car. I have many times, and I can tell you, the stink stays around for a long time. You can take the car through the wash, and it's still there. So the scent of this Super Bowl halftime show will long linger in the nostrils of America." - Senator Zell Miller - Republocrat - Georgia

POST #431 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Griffon is offline Old Post 04-22-2004 02:06 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Griffon Find more posts by Griffon Add Griffon to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Griffon

I see, thanks.

POST #432 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

sokolj is offline Old Post 04-22-2004 06:21 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for sokolj Find more posts by sokolj Add sokolj to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
sokolj

Odd requirement

I have an issue that will require my new hd directivo (when I receive it) to have two separate outputs (non-simultaneous). One will be component out to a plasma screen. The other will be either s-video or composite out to a Russound CAV 6.6 distribution device. I will not need simultaneous outpupt, but I will need to be able to view hd or sd content on the plasma via component or downconverted on any other tv in the house via the Russound CAV 6.6. Is anyone aware of limitations with regard to the new Directivo HD unit that would prevent me from succeeding with such a configuration?

POST #433 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Tom in OH is offline Old Post 04-22-2004 06:42 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Tom in OH Find more posts by Tom in OH Add Tom in OH to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Tom in OH

That should work fine as long as u know the component and s-video outputs won't be active at the same time for HD output. It will either be the component HD OR s-video. But it sounds like u know about that.

If u have the HDTivo switched to output 480i, then both the component and s-video Will be active at the same time. Hope that helps. If I misunderstood your situation, say so, and we'll try again.

POST #434 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Shark73 is offline Old Post 04-22-2004 06:50 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Shark73 Find more posts by Shark73 Add Shark73 to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Shark73

Hey Tom! You have that antenna up yet?

Jim

POST #435 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Tom in OH is offline Old Post 04-22-2004 06:59 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Tom in OH Find more posts by Tom in OH Add Tom in OH to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Tom in OH

Hey Jim, I ended up with plenty to do last weekend but I did get all the cables run. I still need to get the antenna up but I'm alot closer than I used to be. It was Earth week around here(maybe there too) so I had to take all the alum. cans to the recycler place which netted $30. They were paying 55cents/lb. this week only. It's usually only about 35cents/lb.

Also took 200lbs. of metal junk from the garage(old fence, metal poles, old paper shredder) and got $10 bucks for it. Not much $$ but worth the trouble I guess. It was only 5cents/lb. At least I can walk thru the garage now... ^_^

That'll pay for a few ppv's on the HDTivo in HD....

I really wanted to get the antenna up for StarTrek in HD tonight but, oh well, maybe next week.

POST #436 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged