TiVo Community Forum Archive 1
READ ONLY ARCHIVES

Welcome to the TiVo Community Forum Archive
This archive covers threads on TiVo Community Forum that have not been posted to from the start until June 30, 2004.  Any thread that has a post made to it between 7/1/04 and 12/31/05, that had not been posted to, will be found in Archive 2.
This is a READ ONLY site.

Search | ARCHIVE 2 | MAIN SITE

TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.8 TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 > Main TiVo Forums > HDTV TiVo Powered PVRs
>>> HR10-250 Hands on Demo @ Value Electronics! <<<

Pages (22): « Prev 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 Next » ... Last »  
Forum Jump:
Search this Thread:
Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread ---> Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
MNBugeater is offline Old Post 04-14-2004 09:41 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for MNBugeater Visit MNBugeater's homepage! Find more posts by MNBugeater Add MNBugeater to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
MNBugeater

quote:
Originally posted by Geof in CO
I hate to interrupt with a slight off topic question but the HD TiVo will be my first TiVo - if I hook up both DirecTv tuners does DirecTv charge a monthly $4.99 fee for the second tuner??

No. At least not if it is like the current Series 2 Hughes TiVo

Warren in MN

POST #41 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

dswallow is offline Old Post 04-14-2004 09:42 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for dswallow Visit dswallow's homepage! Find more posts by dswallow Add dswallow to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dswallow
+258PC

quote:
I hate to interrupt with a slight off topic question but the HD TiVo will be my first TiVo - if I hook up both DirecTv tuners does DirecTv charge a monthly $4.99 fee for the second tuner??
No. One charge per receiver, not per tuner.

TiVo Community Forum Member Posting Statistics (updated daily)
List your local digital television broadcast stations by direction/distance
AVSForum Local HDTV Info & Reception index by DMA/City

POST #42 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

midas is offline Old Post 04-14-2004 09:42 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for midas Find more posts by midas Add midas to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
midas
TiVo Forum Special Member

quote:

No.

POST #43 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Kamakzie is offline Old Post 04-14-2004 09:45 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Kamakzie Find more posts by Kamakzie Add Kamakzie to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Kamakzie

So Aaron is probably at VE right now putting the HR10-250 through its paces?

POST #44 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Geof in CO is offline Old Post 04-14-2004 10:01 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Geof in CO Find more posts by Geof in CO Add Geof in CO to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Geof in CO

Thanks much guys....looks like I'll be running another cable.

POST #45 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

auribe14 is offline Old Post 04-14-2004 10:19 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for auribe14 Find more posts by auribe14 Add auribe14 to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
auribe14

quote:
One charge per receiver, not per tuner.

And, if you only have Tivos, it is one charge for all your receivers. Actually, I can't confirm that because I am in Pegasus territory and I get charged a $1 for the second Tivo.

POST #46 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

captdusty is offline Old Post 04-14-2004 10:51 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for captdusty Find more posts by captdusty Add captdusty to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
captdusty

One charge for Tivo service, no matter how many units. But there's still the mirror charge for each additional receiver, wether it's a Tivo or not.

POST #47 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

scottchez is offline Old Post 04-14-2004 10:55 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for scottchez Find more posts by scottchez Add scottchez to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
scottchez

Can you check to see if it has the same bug that the Dish 921 had?

They have one of the same chips.

To test, get an HD OTA sign down around 50% (you may have to use rabit ears). Then see if it crashed or locks up when recording.

POST #48 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

LarryInAz is offline Old Post 04-14-2004 11:47 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for LarryInAz Find more posts by LarryInAz Add LarryInAz to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
LarryInAz
TiVo-holic since '99

quote:
Originally posted by captdusty
One charge for Tivo service, no matter how many units. But there's still the mirror charge for each additional receiver, wether it's a Tivo or not.

Unless you go all the way and get the Total Choice Premium package, then the waive the $4.99 TiVo service fee.

Sold 2 Series2 units to pay for HR10-250 * [63 HD hours]

* Original HR10 "born" April 6th arrived April 22nd Died August 25th
Replacement HR10 "born" July 16th arrived September 3rd, re-upgraded 9/6

POST #49 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

btwyx is offline Old Post 04-15-2004 12:13 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for btwyx Find more posts by btwyx Add btwyx to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
btwyx

quote:
Originally posted by dswallow
No. One charge per receiver, not per tuner.
Whenever I read the additional receiver activation agreement, it always talks about "TV"s not "receviers" as in "We may charge you a monthly fee of up to $4.99 for separate programming on each TV,". I have only one TV, I'll have 2 receviers hooked up to it. I'm wondering if its worth arguing that they're not sticking to their own contract by charging me a mirror fee.

POST #50 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

midas is offline Old Post 04-15-2004 12:22 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for midas Find more posts by midas Add midas to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
midas

quote:
Originally posted by btwyx
Whenever I read the additional receiver activation agreement, it always talks about "TV"s not "receviers" as in "We may charge you a monthly fee of up to $4.99 for separate programming on each TV,". I have only one TV, I'll have 2 receviers hooked up to it. I'm wondering if its worth arguing that they're not sticking to their own contract by charging me a mirror fee.

Yea, I wouldn't be holding my breath waiting for that one to happen.

POST #51 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Kevin L is offline Old Post 04-15-2004 12:23 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Kevin L Find more posts by Kevin L Add Kevin L to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Kevin L

quote:
Originally posted by btwyx
Hmmm, that's very interesting. I'll have to look at the agreement again. I have four receivers on my HDTV. Maybe I can save $15!

POST #52 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

yogre is offline Old Post 04-15-2004 12:24 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for yogre Find more posts by yogre Add yogre to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yogre

quote:
Originally posted by LarryInAz
Unless you go all the way and get the Total Choice Premium package, then the waive the $4.99 TiVo service fee.

Larry

Are you sure about that? I thought I saw this on their Web Site a while ago and called them to consider upgrading to Total Choice Premium. I figured with 4 recievers, I would be saving $15 on the mirroring and would end up paying slightly more that what I am already paying but recieve the full package.

However, they told me I would still be charged $4.99 for each aditional reciever. Whats the real story here?

Also, does Total Choice Premium include HD package or is that extra?

POST #53 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

bigpuma is offline Old Post 04-15-2004 12:26 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for bigpuma Find more posts by bigpuma Add bigpuma to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
bigpuma

quote:
Originally posted by yogre
Larry

Are you sure about that? I thought I saw this on their Web Site a while ago and called them to consider upgrading to Total Choice Premium. I figured with 4 recievers, I would be saving $15 on the mirroring and would end up paying slightly more that what I am already paying but recieve the full package.

However, they told me I would still be charged $4.99 for each aditional reciever. Whats the real story here?

Also, does Total Choice Premium include HD package or is that extra?

They waive the Tivo fee, not the mirroring fee. Each additional receiver costs $4.99, that does not change. There is only one $4.99 tivo service fee for all of your tivos which is waived with Total Choice Premium.

POST #54 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

MichaelK is offline Old Post 04-15-2004 12:27 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for MichaelK Find more posts by MichaelK Add MichaelK to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
MichaelK

the 4.95 per account Tivo service fee is differnt then the 4.95 per reciever mirroring fee.

the single tivo fee on the account will go bye bye not the multiple mirror fees.

(or what bigpuma said!)

POST #55 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

charlieg is offline Old Post 04-15-2004 12:28 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for charlieg Find more posts by charlieg Add charlieg to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
charlieg

LarryInAz is talking about tht DTiVo service fee not the receiver mirroring fee. They waive the TiVo fee only in Total Choice Premier. HD package is not included either.

POST #56 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

MichaelK is offline Old Post 04-15-2004 12:30 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for MichaelK Find more posts by MichaelK Add MichaelK to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
MichaelK

not too many of us in this thread waiting to droll at some photos- huh?!

3 people with the same answer in 3 minutes

POST #57 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

PJO1966 is offline Old Post 04-15-2004 12:31 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for PJO1966 Find more posts by PJO1966 Add PJO1966 to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
PJO1966
New & CURRENT Avatar

Aaron was supposed to be there 3 hours ago. Do you think Robert tied him up in the basement as part of his master plan for world domination?

POST #58 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Kamakzie is offline Old Post 04-15-2004 12:38 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Kamakzie Find more posts by Kamakzie Add Kamakzie to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Kamakzie

He forced his eyelids open with toothpicks and is forcing him to watch hours and hours of bad TV sitcoms WITH commercials!!!

quote:
Originally posted by PJO1966
Aaron was supposed to be there 3 hours ago. Do you think Robert tied him up in the basement as part of his master plan for world domination?

POST #59 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

dswallow is offline Old Post 04-15-2004 12:40 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for dswallow Visit dswallow's homepage! Find more posts by dswallow Add dswallow to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dswallow
+258PC

Here's the first batch of photos.

DirecTV verbally asked Robert not to open the unit. We'll have to wait until someone else receives the unit to see the insides.

Aaron will have more to say about the visit when he returns home and can post.

More photos will be added in about 90 minutes or so, I think.

http://www.2150.com/directv/instore_hddvr.asp

TiVo Community Forum Member Posting Statistics (updated daily)
List your local digital television broadcast stations by direction/distance
AVSForum Local HDTV Info & Reception index by DMA/City

POST #60 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged