TiVo Community Forum Archive 1
READ ONLY ARCHIVES

Welcome to the TiVo Community Forum Archive
This archive covers threads on TiVo Community Forum that have not been posted to from the start until June 30, 2004.  Any thread that has a post made to it between 7/1/04 and 12/31/05, that had not been posted to, will be found in Archive 2.
This is a READ ONLY site.

Search | ARCHIVE 2 | MAIN SITE

TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.8 TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 > Main TiVo Forums > HDTV TiVo Powered PVRs
>>> Tweeter release date pushed back... <<<

Pages (11): [1] 2 3 4 Next » ... Last »  
Forum Jump:
Search this Thread:
Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread ---> Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Morg111 is offline Old Post 04-14-2004 08:23 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Morg111 Find more posts by Morg111 Add Morg111 to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Morg111

Tweeter release date pushed back...

Just called Tweeter this morning, they are calling for the beginning of May now.

Arguh!

Marc

POST #1 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

dmk1974 is offline Old Post 04-14-2004 11:28 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for dmk1974 Find more posts by dmk1974 Add dmk1974 to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dmk1974

It just keeps sliding with everyone else. I am waiting for my HR10-250 from Tweeter as well.

POST #2 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

ebonovic is offline Old Post 04-15-2004 12:20 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for ebonovic Find more posts by ebonovic Add ebonovic to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ebonovic
TiVo Forum Special Member

quote:
Originally posted by dmk1974
It just keeps sliding with everyone else. I am waiting for my HR10-250 from Tweeter as well.

As it should... just validates the facts that we are getting from VE and Robert, that the overall production is stalled not just VE (or Tweeters) orders.

Earl

POST #3 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

davsherm is offline Old Post 04-15-2004 02:08 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for davsherm Find more posts by davsherm Add davsherm to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
davsherm
Now w/o HD Tivo :(

Well May is better than what I heard this weekend. I was in Tweeter in N. Attleboro this weekend and they told me August. I was like..."No...they are getting them from online vendors next week". But they were insistent that they did not have them in the system, and were not scheduled in until mid-late summer.

POST #4 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Brett Jason is offline Old Post 04-15-2004 02:31 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Brett Jason Find more posts by Brett Jason Add Brett Jason to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Brett Jason

The store in Dedham, Mass just told me Thanksgiving. I laughed and hung up on him

POST #5 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Morg111 is offline Old Post 04-15-2004 02:39 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Morg111 Find more posts by Morg111 Add Morg111 to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Morg111

I have a terrible feeling that this beginning of May date could be pushed into the middle or end of the month.

POST #6 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

cjett is offline Old Post 04-15-2004 08:01 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for cjett Find more posts by cjett Add cjett to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
cjett

I have a preorder at Tweeter in the philly area... stopped in this evening and was told the date in the system is now May 1 (was originally 4/15) for delivery to the regional DC's, with delivery to the stores after that. My store gets trucks on Tuesday and Thursday.
Let's hope it stays May 1.
cjett

POST #7 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

whsbuss is offline Old Post 04-15-2004 08:11 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for whsbuss Find more posts by whsbuss Add whsbuss to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
whsbuss
Advanced Member

quote:
Originally posted by cjett
I have a preorder at Tweeter in the philly area... stopped in this evening and was told the date in the system is now May 1 (was originally 4/15) for delivery to the regional DC's, with delivery to the stores after that. My store gets trucks on Tuesday and Thursday.
Let's hope it stays May 1.
cjett

I stopped in my local Tweeter here in Phila area on Friday. Was told 4/30.
Lets hope the 5/1 date sticks. I also preordered on 3/27

Pioneer DVR-520H
Sony NS775V DVD

POST #8 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Runch Machine is offline Old Post 04-15-2004 10:49 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Runch Machine Find more posts by Runch Machine Add Runch Machine to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Runch Machine

I'm sure glad I switched to Time Warner cable and got their HD-DVR. I'm beginning to wonder if HD-Tivo will ever come out. First December, then March, then April, now who knows! This is very frusterating.

As time goes on we get used to the TW DVR and miss our 2 DirecTivos a little less. Also some upgrades have been announced that will make the TW DVR a little more user friendly. I am glad for competition, and WE LOVE OUR HDTV. I can barely stand to watch SD programming anymore.

Directv has totally blown the HD market place. They have fewer HD channels then cable, charge twice as much, and can't get their HD-Tivo on the market. Then there is the pricing and availability issue. I never thought I 'd say this as I used to HATE cable TV. Competition has made cable TV innovate and improve. If you are as fed up as I was with the endless waiting and disappointment, check out what your cable company has to offer. You might be surprised. I am.

Samsung SIR-S120R DirecTivo,
Sony SAT-HD200 Directv Receiver
Channel Master 4221 in garage attic for perfect over the air reception.

POST #9 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

TimGoodwin is offline Old Post 04-15-2004 05:24 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for TimGoodwin Find more posts by TimGoodwin Add TimGoodwin to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
TimGoodwin

quote:
Originally posted by Runch Machine
I'm sure glad I switched to Time Warner cable and got their HD-DVR. I'm beginning to wonder if HD-Tivo will ever come out. First December, then March, then April, now who knows! This is very frusterating.

As time goes on we get used to the TW DVR and miss our 2 DirecTivos a little less. Also some upgrades have been announced that will make the TW DVR a little more user friendly. I am glad for competition, and WE LOVE OUR HDTV. I can barely stand to watch SD programming anymore.

Directv has totally blown the HD market place. They have fewer HD channels then cable, charge twice as much, and can't get their HD-Tivo on the market. Then there is the pricing and availability issue. I never thought I 'd say this as I used to HATE cable TV. Competition has made cable TV innovate and improve. If you are as fed up as I was with the endless waiting and disappointment, check out what your cable company has to offer. You might be surprised. I am.

Not so fast there. If you go to the HD Programming thread over at AVSForum. And look at the Fox will have at least six games in HD this upcoming year. Directv already said at least HALF of the NFL Sunday Ticket will be in HD this year. Don't thank cable can touch that!

POST #10 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Runch Machine is offline Old Post 04-15-2004 09:03 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Runch Machine Find more posts by Runch Machine Add Runch Machine to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Runch Machine

True about sports, lucky for me I have no interest in sports. However for those that do, cable has a sports channel related to Fox that shows games of local interest. Also yesterday my son found the basetball playoffs on INHD. INHD is two channels of HD variety programming similar to HDNET. I still consider HDNET to be superior and rarely watch INHD.

I still hope to switch back to Directv because I sill love Tivo, but the price of HD TIVO will have to come way down. I expect competition to make that happen. Directv also has to improve their HD offer, which I also expect to happen after the next satellite is in place.

POST #11 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

sf49er is offline Old Post 04-15-2004 09:29 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for sf49er Find more posts by sf49er Add sf49er to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
sf49er

i was talking to a freind witht he cable dvr and doesn't their capacity just suck, like 10hrs of hd rcrd or something?

is that true about the sunday ticket thing? that would be amazing but i always thought that was up to cbs and fox. cbs had enuf to do one game in hd while fox could do two in its 480i mode....

POST #12 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

bbodin is offline Old Post 04-15-2004 09:44 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for bbodin Find more posts by bbodin Add bbodin to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
bbodin

quote:
is that true about the sunday ticket thing? that would be amazing but i always thought that was up to cbs and fox. cbs had enuf to do one game in hd while fox could do two in its 480i mode....

it would be both
cbs/fox would have to have the trucks to film the game (which they are supposedly ramping up for just that) and D* would have to have the bandwidth to do it (maybe with 7s going up?)

What you quoted above is what they did this year (except it was 480i--->480p for fox). But supposedly Fox is converting to HD with a focus on football and we're supposed to get much more then the 1 game/week in HD this year for ST.

POST #13 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

sf49er is offline Old Post 04-15-2004 09:57 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for sf49er Find more posts by sf49er Add sf49er to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
sf49er

oops, i meant 480p

man, that would be amazing, my whole purpose of having dtv is for the sunday ticket, otherwise the wife woulda force the move to dish for that indian programming by now

POST #14 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Runch Machine is offline Old Post 04-16-2004 09:47 AM
Runch Machine

The Time Warner HD-DVR can hold 20 hours of HD programming. It can also hold many more hours of SD programming. It has a 160 gig drive. When it fills up IT STOPS RECORDING!!!. One night I got 3 minutes of ER, That' IT! Sorry FULL. I couldn't believe it. I was expecting it to erase the oldest shows first, just like my TIvos.

TW has announced that in the next version of software, an option will be available to delete the oldest shows when it needs space. They are also adding the option of new shows only or new and reruns, like Tivo has. Over time, they seem to be catching up to Tivo/Directv in terms of features.

Given that this thing was just invented, I'd have thought before they developed it they would have checked out the competition and come up with something at least as good. NOPE they reinvented the wheel and did a mediocre job. BUT, it records two shows at once, you can watch a third show previously recorded while it is recording two other shows, it's available now and it doesn't cost $1000! Also, I was offered a $250 credit and half price programming and hardware rental for a year. It took a lot to get me, but they got me. At a price of $53.00 for digital cable, HBO, Showtime, HD package one HD DVR and one SD DVR, it's a great deal. Also the credit is worth nearly 5 months free. SORRY DTV I couldn't pass it up.

POST #15 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

bkdtv is offline Old Post 04-16-2004 10:15 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for bkdtv Find more posts by bkdtv Add bkdtv to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
bkdtv
TiVo Forum Special Member

Runch,

Tivo has put years of work into their software, and they are able to leverage that with their HDTV Tivo product.

Scientific Atlanta had to start from scratch. The box you refer to is the model 8000HD, available in two models (one with 10 hrs, the other with 20 hrs). As you note, they are working on a variant of name-based recording with the ability to record first run episodes; it takes a different technical approach but should serve the same function. The unit also has picture-in-picture, so you can watch and swap between two different channels or two different recordings at once. It will soon be offered in select Comcast markets as well. The rental and DVR fee totals $9.95/mo.

That said, I'm not sure what cable DVR discussion has to do with the HDTV DirecTivo.

POST #16 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

dmk1974 is offline Old Post 04-16-2004 10:52 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for dmk1974 Find more posts by dmk1974 Add dmk1974 to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dmk1974

Or Tweeter orders for that matter. Let's keep it on topic please. Thanks.

POST #17 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Morg111 is offline Old Post 04-16-2004 11:07 AM
Morg111

quote:
Or Tweeter orders for that matter. Let's keep it on topic please. Thanks.

Thank you.

I spoke to Tweeter again today. I know the guy there pretty well. He isn't too confident with that May 1st date. I am bothering the hell out of my usual AV guy to push his distributer for one ASAP. Though I doubt it will improve my situation any, seeing as how he doesn't sell Hughes products, and therefore would really be just doing me a favor.

POST #18 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

dmk1974 is offline Old Post 04-21-2004 11:45 PM
dmk1974

With VE shipping theirs out today, think this will help those of us that pre-ordered from Tweeter?

POST #19 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Frank_M is offline Old Post 04-22-2004 12:05 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Frank_M Find more posts by Frank_M Add Frank_M to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Frank_M

I was told by someone in the Worcester (Mass.) store yesterday that they're supposed to be into the New England distribution center on May 1. He said they are supposed to receive 180... but he figures it will be about half of that (to cover all of New England!).

He said there were 70 pre-orders in the system at that point... and I didn't end up pulling the trigger. I've just never dealt with them on a pre-order before, so I'm a bit skeptical.

I'm thinking of actually doing the VE preorder...but I'm not sure if the fact that they've already received some means they're more likely to fill future orders, or less likely to get more units until places like Tweeter and Good Guys get them.

POST #20 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged