TiVo Community Forum Archive 1
READ ONLY ARCHIVES

Welcome to the TiVo Community Forum Archive
This archive covers threads on TiVo Community Forum that have not been posted to from the start until June 30, 2004.  Any thread that has a post made to it between 7/1/04 and 12/31/05, that had not been posted to, will be found in Archive 2.
This is a READ ONLY site.

Search | ARCHIVE 2 | MAIN SITE

TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.8 TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 > Main TiVo Forums > HDTV TiVo Powered PVRs
>>> Tweeter release date pushed back... <<<

Pages (11): « Prev 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 Next » ... Last »  
Forum Jump:
Search this Thread:
Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread ---> Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Beantownbeanie is offline Old Post 04-27-2004 01:15 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Beantownbeanie Find more posts by Beantownbeanie Add Beantownbeanie to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Beantownbeanie
Gotta love that TIVO

quote:
Originally posted by RoyGBiv
Today, I was told that their computer shows they will be getting their order delivered to the Canton warehouse on 4/30, and they should be in the stores within 3 days. He expected mine would be in their store Monday or Tuesday, 5/2 or 5/3.

SMK

I can second that emotion. My dealer in Braintree is driving to the Canton warehouse on the 30th to pick his up. He is (as a courtesy) also picking up some extras for his customers who lathered loving praise upon him for any reason so that we would have ours for Friday nite tv! Me being one of them I will do whatever it takes to thank him for picking mine up also!

POST #41 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Scott R. Scherr is offline Old Post 04-27-2004 01:16 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Scott R. Scherr Visit Scott R. Scherr's homepage! Find more posts by Scott R. Scherr Add Scott R. Scherr to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Scott R. Scherr

This is consistent with what I was told. They are expecting units at the Baltimore stores by the middle of next week. Now, I am still on the Best Buy preorder and am tempted to cancel it.

Scott

POST #42 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Morg111 is offline Old Post 04-27-2004 04:24 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Morg111 Find more posts by Morg111 Add Morg111 to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Morg111

Philadelphia area Tweeters ARE receiving 129 units on 4/30 (scared to say definitly, but that is the case now). I and 96 others will be able to pick our units up on Monday 5/3. The end.............or to be continued?

M.

POST #43 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

whsbuss is offline Old Post 04-27-2004 04:34 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for whsbuss Find more posts by whsbuss Add whsbuss to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
whsbuss
Advanced Member

quote:
Originally posted by Morg111
Philadelphia area Tweeters ARE receiving 129 units on 4/30 (scared to say definitly, but that is the case now). I and 96 others will be able to pick our units up on Monday 5/3. The end.............or to be continued?

M.

Thanks for the update. This will save me a call to my Tweeter store. I ordered mine on 3/27. Let's hope Monday comes through.

Pioneer DVR-520H
Sony NS775V DVD

POST #44 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

cjett is offline Old Post 04-27-2004 07:15 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for cjett Find more posts by cjett Add cjett to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
cjett

Morg111,
I spoke to my tweeter store today to verify what I was told several weeks ago. The DC is receiving them on 4/30, and depending on when your store receives it's truck is when your local store will have them. The Langhorne store gets their trucks on Tuesdays and Thursdays, so, it should be the 4th for me... as long as they make it to the DC on time.
cjett

POST #45 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Morg111 is offline Old Post 04-27-2004 11:54 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Morg111 Find more posts by Morg111 Add Morg111 to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Morg111

quote:
I spoke to my tweeter store today to verify what I was told several weeks ago. The DC is receiving them on 4/30, and depending on when your store receives it's truck is when your local store will have them. The Langhorne store gets their trucks on Tuesdays and Thursdays, so, it should be the 4th for me... as long as they make it to the DC on time.

Interesting.... I wonder if the guy from the Montgomeryville store even considered the truck thing? I am ass- u-me ing that he did, because a new guy that I was talking to, put him on the phone when I started asking too many questions.

Once again, (more) time will tell.

Marc

POST #46 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

whsbuss is offline Old Post 04-27-2004 07:11 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for whsbuss Find more posts by whsbuss Add whsbuss to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
whsbuss
Advanced Member

quote:
Originally posted by cjett
Morg111,
cjett

cjett,

What/where is the DC?

Pioneer DVR-520H
Sony NS775V DVD

POST #47 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Hutty is offline Old Post 04-27-2004 07:57 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Hutty Find more posts by Hutty Add Hutty to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Hutty

Im one of those 96 from the montgomeryville store, and was told I could pick it up Monday as well. Guess we'll find out soon enough, we've waited this long.....

POST #48 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

dmk1974 is offline Old Post 04-27-2004 10:59 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for dmk1974 Find more posts by dmk1974 Add dmk1974 to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dmk1974

I made my weekly status call to Tweeter (Geneva, IL) again today. They still feel that they will be receiving them on 4/30. In the Chicago region, they are up to 93 pre-orders and are expecting to receive 113 units on 4/30. Hopefully it hold true...only a few more days!

POST #49 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

urkle is offline Old Post 04-28-2004 02:05 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for urkle Find more posts by urkle Add urkle to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
urkle

quote:
Originally posted by whsbuss
cjett,

What/where is the DC?

I am assuming he meant the DC distribution center. Again, they are slated to arrive in the distro center on 4/30. In store depends on your truck schedule. For the Falls Chruch VA store, its would be Monday or Wednesday.

I would LOVE to slide the sales rep an extra $50 to have him pick mine up on Friday

POST #50 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

mpkutah is offline Old Post 04-28-2004 03:10 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for mpkutah Find more posts by mpkutah Add mpkutah to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
mpkutah

I'm supposedly #102 Ordered via Rockville, MD store - I believe the number he gave me for their 'allocation' they expect to get 4/30 was right around 120. They suggested I check with them on 5/2 - a Sunday - which didn't make sense to me. So at least the stories seem to be 'roughly' consistent.

POST #51 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

JoePP is offline Old Post 04-28-2004 03:59 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for JoePP Find more posts by JoePP Add JoePP to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JoePP

I just spoke with the guys in the Tweeter in Boston and they say that they show that the units are due in on 4/30 with a 2-4 day delay to receive them at the store.

POST #52 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

whsbuss is offline Old Post 04-28-2004 04:36 AM
whsbuss
Advanced Member

Does anyone know where the distribution center for the Phila area is located? If its close, I'd be willing to drive and pick mine up.

Pioneer DVR-520H
Sony NS775V DVD

POST #53 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

dwester42a is offline Old Post 04-28-2004 04:43 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for dwester42a Visit dwester42a's homepage! Find more posts by dwester42a Add dwester42a to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dwester42a

Smile

Just stopped by my local Hifi Buys. They told me 4/31. I'm hoping that they're not confused and that that means that I get to pick mine up then. Less than a week to go...

POST #54 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

dswallow is offline Old Post 04-28-2004 04:45 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for dswallow Visit dswallow's homepage! Find more posts by dswallow Add dswallow to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dswallow
+258PC

quote:
Originally posted by dwester42a
They told me 4/31.
Hmmm.... there's no 4/31 on my calendar here.

TiVo Community Forum Member Posting Statistics (updated daily)
List your local digital television broadcast stations by direction/distance
AVSForum Local HDTV Info & Reception index by DMA/City

POST #55 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

litzdog911 is offline Old Post 04-28-2004 04:47 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for litzdog911 Find more posts by litzdog911 Add litzdog911 to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
litzdog911
TiVo Forum Special Member

quote:
Originally posted by dswallow
Hmmm.... there's no 4/31 on my calendar here.

It's the perfect date to quote when you're not really sure

Sony SAT-A4 Receiver (Bedroom)
Sony SAT-B4 Receiver (Rec Room)
Sony KV-40XBR800 HDTV
Sony STR-DA4ES Dolby Digital Receiver

POST #56 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

dwester42a is offline Old Post 04-28-2004 05:28 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for dwester42a Visit dwester42a's homepage! Find more posts by dwester42a Add dwester42a to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dwester42a

Hmm... That's what's been going on. DirecTV's been using my calendar.

Ok so I made a typo and meant 4/30...

POST #57 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

cjett is offline Old Post 04-28-2004 10:33 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for cjett Find more posts by cjett Add cjett to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
cjett

Sorry, DC is supply chain lingo for Distribution Center. I doubt very seriously that they would even consider allowing you to pick it up at their DC.

Tweeter usually does a pretty good job of turning things around in their DC's - they can do cross-docks - they have in the past on hot items, or at peak times like christmas.
Cross-docking is unloading from the inbound truck, and immediatly wheeling the pallets to an outbound truck.

Best bet... find out what day your store recieves trucks, and there is a good chance that the first truck day after April 30, is when your store will have them.

POST #58 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

grafals is offline Old Post 04-28-2004 12:51 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for grafals Find more posts by grafals Add grafals to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
grafals

quote:
Originally posted by Runch Machine
I'm sure glad I switched to Time Warner cable and got their HD-DVR. I'm beginning to wonder if HD-Tivo will ever come out. First December, then March, then April, now who knows! This is very frusterating.

As time goes on we get used to the TW DVR and miss our 2 DirecTivos a little less. Also some upgrades have been announced that will make the TW DVR a little more user friendly. I am glad for competition, and WE LOVE OUR HDTV. I can barely stand to watch SD programming anymore.

Directv has totally blown the HD market place. They have fewer HD channels then cable, charge twice as much, and can't get their HD-Tivo on the market. Then there is the pricing and availability issue. I never thought I 'd say this as I used to HATE cable TV. Competition has made cable TV innovate and improve. If you are as fed up as I was with the endless waiting and disappointment, check out what your cable company has to offer. You might be surprised. I am.

Yup! I was surprised. For $95/mo. I got a ridiculously bad picture from a digital set top box, and about 1/2 the movie channels that DTV had to offer. I also had the option to PHONE the toll free number to order any of the 8 or 10 ppv movies they offered. I had the added feature of getting NO digital sound at no extra cost. And, as a special customer, I was able to get service with only a month's prior notice, and got to take a day off while I waited for the cable guy to come between either 8 and 12 or 12 and 6. When I called Comcast to cancel my cable, they told me they would be getting HD and digital sound in the next 1 to 2 years in my area (and I live in the Bay Area of California). I told them they could pick up their boxes either between 8 and 12 or 12 and 6PM.

I've seen some of the cable DVRs. The ones I've looked at seem like a Flintstone's version of TIVO.

POST #59 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Britinvirg is offline Old Post 04-28-2004 07:21 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Britinvirg Find more posts by Britinvirg Add Britinvirg to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Britinvirg

Tweeters in Falls Church is still giving the same story - in warehouse 5/1, in store 5/3. Of course anything can happen but story is consistent. Interestingly they also have approximately 130 on order and they have pre-sold approx 90. So there may be 40 there for someone !

Good luck everyone

POST #60 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged