TiVo Community Forum Archive 1
READ ONLY ARCHIVES

Welcome to the TiVo Community Forum Archive
This archive covers threads on TiVo Community Forum that have not been posted to from the start until June 30, 2004.  Any thread that has a post made to it between 7/1/04 and 12/31/05, that had not been posted to, will be found in Archive 2.
This is a READ ONLY site.

Search | ARCHIVE 2 | MAIN SITE

TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.8 TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 > Main TiVo Forums > HDTV TiVo Powered PVRs
>>> Tweeter release date pushed back... <<<

Pages (11): « Prev 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 Next » ... Last »  
Forum Jump:
Search this Thread:
Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread ---> Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
jseelna is offline Old Post 04-28-2004 10:36 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for jseelna Find more posts by jseelna Add jseelna to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jseelna

Just spoke to my Tweeter salesman..(Schaumburg, IL)..
He received an e-mail today from Hughes stating that they have
delayed release of the 250 until May 31st due to a production problem.

Of course we know it has already been released -- since many people started receiving their units last week. Anyone else heard anything from Tweeter.. T

POST #61 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

litzdog911 is offline Old Post 04-28-2004 10:38 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for litzdog911 Find more posts by litzdog911 Add litzdog911 to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
litzdog911
TiVo Forum Special Member

quote:
Originally posted by jseelna

Of course we know it has already been released -- since many people started receiving their units last week. Anyone else heard anything from Tweeter.. T

There are a lot of people here who hope this guy is mis-informed.

Sony SAT-A4 Receiver (Bedroom)
Sony SAT-B4 Receiver (Rec Room)
Sony KV-40XBR800 HDTV
Sony STR-DA4ES Dolby Digital Receiver

POST #62 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Morg111 is offline Old Post 04-28-2004 10:46 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Morg111 Find more posts by Morg111 Add Morg111 to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Morg111

quote:

What ????

POST #63 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

dswallow is offline Old Post 04-28-2004 10:47 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for dswallow Visit dswallow's homepage! Find more posts by dswallow Add dswallow to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dswallow
+258PC

quote:
Originally posted by jseelna

(hundreds of phones at Tweeter stores everywhere suddenly start ringing)

TiVo Community Forum Member Posting Statistics (updated daily)
List your local digital television broadcast stations by direction/distance
AVSForum Local HDTV Info & Reception index by DMA/City

POST #64 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Morg111 is offline Old Post 04-28-2004 10:55 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Morg111 Find more posts by Morg111 Add Morg111 to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Morg111

quote:

He's right, Tweeter in Montgomeryville Pa. just told me that it has been pushed back till the 31st of MAY. Holy f....... s...... I am going to kill someone.

M.

POST #65 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

FuseWerx is offline Old Post 04-28-2004 11:03 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for FuseWerx Visit FuseWerx's homepage! Find more posts by FuseWerx Add FuseWerx to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
FuseWerx
Long-time lurker

Tweeter, good news

Got spooked by the Tweeter delay quoted above, so I called the Aurora, IL store. Spoke with Dennis @ the Aurora, IL store. 29 are IN the warehouse (he sounded REALLY surprised when he saw that they "just hit") that don't appear to be accounted for (pre-orders). In the Aurora, IL store on Friday the 30th.

I put down a $200 deposit for the $999 unit (I already have a VE pre-order and a BB pre-order -- hedging my bets, hoping for a Sunday Sopranos HD TiVo recording )

If you want to give it a try, the store phone is 630-820-2299. His name is "Dennis", ask to speak with him, and tell him that "Dustin" refered you. If you can't reach him at the store (he goes from one store to another), I have his cell; PM me for it (my e-mail server is down ATM, so it may take a while to return your PM)

POST #66 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

dswallow is offline Old Post 04-28-2004 11:06 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for dswallow Visit dswallow's homepage! Find more posts by dswallow Add dswallow to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dswallow
+258PC

Perhaps what's happened is that the end-of-May date is for the NEXT shipment, and the previous salespeople have looked at some screen to see manufacturer order schedules; the current shipment no longer showing there since it's been or is being delivered?

End-of-May does match up with some other dealers who are also getting shipments in around that time.

TiVo Community Forum Member Posting Statistics (updated daily)
List your local digital television broadcast stations by direction/distance
AVSForum Local HDTV Info & Reception index by DMA/City

POST #67 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

RoyGBiv is offline Old Post 04-28-2004 11:08 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for RoyGBiv Find more posts by RoyGBiv Add RoyGBiv to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
RoyGBiv

After seeing this thread I also called Tweeter to see what's going on. The computer now says they will be delivered to their Canton warehouse on 5/31, so it seems that the above is true that Hughes has delayed the shipment.

SMK

POST #68 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

roundsjr is offline Old Post 04-28-2004 11:09 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for roundsjr Find more posts by roundsjr Add roundsjr to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
roundsjr

Whitehall, PA also confirmed the delay.
I have no words!

POST #69 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Beantownbeanie is offline Old Post 04-28-2004 11:16 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Beantownbeanie Find more posts by Beantownbeanie Add Beantownbeanie to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Beantownbeanie
Gotta love that TIVO

Canton Warehouse for the New England Area Tweeters...Boston, Braintree and others.

It is with great sadness that I now report the date as May 31st.

I'm so sad.
Ken

POST #70 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

kbcrowe is offline Old Post 04-28-2004 11:22 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for kbcrowe Find more posts by kbcrowe Add kbcrowe to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
kbcrowe

Atlanta warehouse is showing 5/31 as well...

POST #71 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

FuseWerx is offline Old Post 04-28-2004 11:26 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for FuseWerx Visit FuseWerx's homepage! Find more posts by FuseWerx Add FuseWerx to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
FuseWerx
Long-time lurker

Tweeter, Aurora, IL

All these reports of 5/31 dates, I don't know what to tell you. The Tweeter in Aurora, IL confirmed that there were 29 sitting in their warehouse right now, ready to go out on trucks, that were not already accounted for (they're available for sale), and that the local stores will have them 4/30. That's what he said, and I believed 'im. I put $200 down as faith in that belief, in fact, so I hope he wasn't lying. I don't suspect that he was, but I guess I'll know for sure on Friday, won't I?

POST #72 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Morg111 is offline Old Post 04-28-2004 11:31 PM
Morg111

quote:
All these reports of 5/31 dates, I don't know what to tell you. The Tweeter in Aurora, IL confirmed that there were 29 sitting in their warehouse right now, ready to go out on trucks, that were not already accounted for (they're available for sale), and that the local stores will have them 4/30. That's what he said, and I believed 'im. I put $200 down as faith in that belief, in fact, so I hope he wasn't lying. I don't suspect that he was, but I guess I'll know for sure on Friday, won't I?

no, No, NO......

I just got off the phone with Dennis. Those 29 are part of the pre-order list. There are none available for sale.

M.

POST #73 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Rcam10 is offline Old Post 04-28-2004 11:32 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Rcam10 Find more posts by Rcam10 Add Rcam10 to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rcam10
Whatever

Wow, if its REALLY been pushed out til 5-31, Hughes really should consider closing whatever type of plant they attempt to produce electronics, and let someone else do it. The 300+ from VE, if they ship the next batch, much have overloaded the production line.

They are beyond pitiful.

POST #74 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

FuseWerx is offline Old Post 04-28-2004 11:35 PM
FuseWerx
Long-time lurker

I hope that's not right, since I parted with money based on a 4/30 delivery promise.

And, by the way, if you're in NYC, why would you call an Illinois store?

quote:
Originally posted by Morg111
no, No, NO......

I just got off the phone with Dennis. Those 29 are part of the pre-order list. There are none available for sale.

M.

POST #75 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

dmk1974 is offline Old Post 04-28-2004 11:38 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for dmk1974 Find more posts by dmk1974 Add dmk1974 to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dmk1974

Anyone know where this warehouse is located that feeds into the Chicagoland Tweeter stores?

POST #76 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

jseelna is offline Old Post 04-28-2004 11:41 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for jseelna Find more posts by jseelna Add jseelna to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jseelna

Des Plaines, IL

POST #77 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

jseelna is offline Old Post 04-28-2004 11:42 PM
jseelna

The warehouse is in Des Plaines that is...

POST #78 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

dmk1974 is offline Old Post 04-28-2004 11:43 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for dmk1974 Find more posts by dmk1974 Add dmk1974 to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dmk1974

I'd gladly drive to Des Plaines to pick it up from the warehouse

POST #79 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

FuseWerx is offline Old Post 04-28-2004 11:51 PM
FuseWerx
Long-time lurker

quote:
Originally posted by dmk1974
I'd gladly drive to Des Plaines to pick it up from the warehouse

Me, too.

POST #80 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged