TiVo Community Forum Archive 1
READ ONLY ARCHIVES

Welcome to the TiVo Community Forum Archive
This archive covers threads on TiVo Community Forum that have not been posted to from the start until June 30, 2004.  Any thread that has a post made to it between 7/1/04 and 12/31/05, that had not been posted to, will be found in Archive 2.
This is a READ ONLY site.

Search | ARCHIVE 2 | MAIN SITE

TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.8 TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 > Main TiVo Forums > HDTV TiVo Powered PVRs
>>> Bestbuy.com Preorders <<<

Pages (99): « Prev 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 Next » ... Last »  
Forum Jump:
Search this Thread:
Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread ---> Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
gamecox86 is offline Old Post 04-23-2004 09:56 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for gamecox86 Find more posts by gamecox86 Add gamecox86 to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
gamecox86

quote:
Originally posted by Fluffybear
I just spoke with someone over at Best Buy and questioned several items on the listing including the ETA and here is what I have learned:

1) There is an error on the site! Those who have selected Overnight will not see the items tomorrow but rather Monday or Tuesday! They claim to need 1 to 2 days to process the items prior to shipment which means items may not ship today but on Monday (and they do not Offer Saturday delivery). She did add that items ordered prior to 1:00 (EST) usually ship that day.

2) They claim to have stock on hand. The lady I spoke with said she does see stock in the wharehouse! She would not tell how many but said stated time and time again during our call that they do have them in the wharehouse.

3) BB will not charge your card until the item is actually entered in the UPS system and a tracking # is issued.

Cool! In regards to #3, that very well may be just an authorization, but that amount of available credit dropped off my card immediately.

POST #61 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

katzha is offline Old Post 04-23-2004 09:58 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for katzha Find more posts by katzha Add katzha to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
katzha

Please add me to the list:

Order Date: 04/23/04
Order Number: BBY01-35553001382
11:20 AM EDT

POST #62 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Mr Pieces is offline Old Post 04-23-2004 09:59 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Mr Pieces Visit Mr Pieces's homepage! Find more posts by Mr Pieces Add Mr Pieces to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Mr Pieces
TiVo Junkie

Can you use Best Buy REWARD ZONE online?

(1) HR10-250 HD TiVo (63 Hours HD)
(2) DSR 6000 Philips DirecTivo's (both 86 Hours)
(1) HDVR2 DirecTiVo (105 Hours)

POST #63 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

ElVee is offline Old Post 04-23-2004 09:59 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for ElVee Find more posts by ElVee Add ElVee to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ElVee
Have a soil mound

I searched for HR10-250 on Froogle and found this:

http://www.solidsignal.com/prod_dis...?PROD=HD-DVR250

Click on the "Click here for updated HR10-250 release information"

and you get this:

Latest Information Regarding the HR10-250 HD Tivo DVR Release
Per our latest conversation with Hughes, they have announced a further delay in shipment of the HR10-250. Hughes predicts this unexpected delay to extend no further than May 1, 2004. While information from Hughes is sparse, we have been able to gather some pertinent information with regards to the initial shipment: (1) Production of the HR10-250 was not as steadfast as initially planned (2) Expected initial delivery quantities may not be met.
We will post any further creditable information from Hughes as it becomes available.

-TV Messenger On-Screen Caller ID
Living Room: Sony SAT-B3 DirecTv TOTAL CHOICEŽ PREMIER with Locals
-Sony Series II SVR3000, HMO
-TV Messenger Plus remote Controlled On-Screen Caller ID
-The bedroom set up is available to me in the living room via PIP
-MX-500 with Radio Shack RF remote extender controls both TiVo's for true Picture-In-Picture

POST #64 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

avewill is offline Old Post 04-23-2004 10:00 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for avewill Find more posts by avewill Add avewill to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
avewill

Heck, count me in

11:00 Central

POST #65 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Beantownbeanie is offline Old Post 04-23-2004 10:01 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Beantownbeanie Find more posts by Beantownbeanie Add Beantownbeanie to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Beantownbeanie
Gotta love that TIVO

I just went to level 2

I asked to speak to a manager.
While we were on the phone their system says ZERO in stock.

My order at 11:35 now says Backordered rather than pre-order.

Could there really have been that many who jumped on board and
didn't say anything here. Oh well. I did 2 day delivery just in case but
they did say to call back later on today for an update. They will upgrade
from 2 day to overnight for $29.11.

They use UPS ...I thought they did not deliver on Saturday?

Anyone have a comment about this?
Thanks. I'm just too excited here.

POST #66 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

KaGe is offline Old Post 04-23-2004 10:02 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for KaGe Find more posts by KaGe Add KaGe to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
KaGe

I'm in. My e-mail confirm arrived at 11:34 a.m.

POST #67 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

candlerman is offline Old Post 04-23-2004 10:04 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for candlerman Find more posts by candlerman Add candlerman to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
candlerman

I just talked to them again as well. I asked why my order shows "backordered" and she said it was because they are not able to process the delivery order yet. She said there is nothing to worry about. Yeah easy for her to say.

POST #68 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

robnalex is offline Old Post 04-23-2004 10:04 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for robnalex Find more posts by robnalex Add robnalex to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
robnalex

I wonder if the units that VE shipped the other day were just part of a much larger distribution. It would make sense that it would take a little longer for BB to get their system ready to handle it. Also, I doubt that a company like BB would put it on their site and start taking orders unless they expected to have product pretty soon.

Panasonic RP-56 DVD
Panasonic TH-50PHD6UY Plasma Display

POST #69 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

BobJ2004 is offline Old Post 04-23-2004 10:07 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for BobJ2004 Find more posts by BobJ2004 Add BobJ2004 to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
BobJ2004

Remember me?

Cant say I did not tell you so sooo I told you so.

The difference after talking to my brother again at Best Buy Corp is, the 4 week delay means it would be in Stores till Mid June and the next 10% off sale is not due till the 4th of July now.

The free item with in store rebate is still up to Direct TV as they are paying for the ad.

So the $999 offer on line seems like the best for now.

POST #70 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

txfeinbergs is offline Old Post 04-23-2004 10:07 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for txfeinbergs Find more posts by txfeinbergs Add txfeinbergs to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
txfeinbergs

Add me to the order list please:
Order Date: 04/23/04
Order Time: 10:50 CST
Order Number:
BBY01-355380016

POST #71 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

KaGe is offline Old Post 04-23-2004 10:08 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for KaGe Find more posts by KaGe Add KaGe to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
KaGe

Re: I just went to level 2

quote:
Originally posted by Beantownbeanie
I asked to speak to a manager.
While we were on the phone their system says ZERO in stock.

My order at 11:35 now says Backordered rather than pre-order.

Where are you seeing the word "backordered"? My status is still showing as:

POST #72 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Fluffybear is offline Old Post 04-23-2004 10:11 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Fluffybear Find more posts by Fluffybear Add Fluffybear to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Fluffybear

quote:
Originally posted by gamecox86
Cool! In regards to #3, that very well may be just an authorization, but that amount of available credit dropped off my card immediately.

They said they do a 3 tier verification process

1st is to do a authorization
2nd is to verify the CID #
3rd is to verify the account holder info

Once all 3 checks come back, they send it on shipment..

POST #73 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

jose39 is offline Old Post 04-23-2004 10:14 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for jose39 Find more posts by jose39 Add jose39 to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jose39

Talking

I'm in. 4/23/04,11:10AM.

POST #74 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

BobJ2004 is offline Old Post 04-23-2004 10:14 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for BobJ2004 Find more posts by BobJ2004 Add BobJ2004 to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
BobJ2004

My brother is calling the wharehouse Manager.

I guess they have several regional wharehouse so counts my varry.

He is checking the one for the central region- knows the guy.

Are they in stock today is the question? or when?

POST #75 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

ddarche is offline Old Post 04-23-2004 10:14 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for ddarche Find more posts by ddarche Add ddarche to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ddarche

All resellers telling us they have hundreds on order...LOL

Funny thing. If you add up all of the resellers who tell us they have Tivo coming in, it would mean that Hughes made about 20,000 last week or something! Best Buy, Good Guys and others are all saying they have 1000 pieces coming in next week..LOL

POST #76 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

jbradway is offline Old Post 04-23-2004 10:15 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for jbradway Find more posts by jbradway Add jbradway to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jbradway

I also went for it:
Order Number: BBY01-355130017xx
4/23/04 - 11:48

POST #77 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Fluffybear is offline Old Post 04-23-2004 10:18 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Fluffybear Find more posts by Fluffybear Add Fluffybear to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Fluffybear

quote:
Originally posted by robnalex
I wonder if the units that VE shipped the other day were just part of a much larger distribution. It would make sense that it would take a little longer for BB to get their system ready to handle it. Also, I doubt that a company like BB would put it on their site and start taking orders unless they expected to have product pretty soon.

I suspect it was part of a larger distribution. Robert did state in one message that he expedited his order in order to ship first but he never said that he was alone in the distribution!

I know I did the same thing years ago when I was selling USR 14.4 modems (when they were first released). I had my allocation Over-nighted to me from USR and that allowed me to have the modems on the street a few days earlier then everyone else..

POST #78 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Replevin is offline Old Post 04-23-2004 10:19 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Replevin Find more posts by Replevin Add Replevin to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Replevin
long-time lurker

In too. Why not! I'll take a chance.

4/23/04
12:10

Last edited by Replevin on 04-23-2004 at 10:27 PM

POST #79 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

gamecox86 is offline Old Post 04-23-2004 10:20 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for gamecox86 Find more posts by gamecox86 Add gamecox86 to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
gamecox86

quote:
Originally posted by Fluffybear
I suspect it was part of a larger distribution. Robert did state in one message that he expedited his order in order to ship first but he never said that he was alone in the distribution!

I know I did the same thing years ago when I was selling USR 14.4 modems (when they were first released). I had my allocation Over-nighted to me from USR and that allowed me to have the modems on the street a few days earlier then everyone else..

Yeah, and he went to a distribution center (maybe just a shipping one), so that it didn't have to come all the way to VE. I guess it was real important to him to say he shipped first.

POST #80 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged