TiVo Community Forum Archive 1
READ ONLY ARCHIVES

Welcome to the TiVo Community Forum Archive
This archive covers threads on TiVo Community Forum that have not been posted to from the start until June 30, 2004.  Any thread that has a post made to it between 7/1/04 and 12/31/05, that had not been posted to, will be found in Archive 2.
This is a READ ONLY site.

Search | ARCHIVE 2 | MAIN SITE

TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.8 TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 > Main TiVo Forums > HDTV TiVo Powered PVRs
>>> Got Email From Weekness <<<

Pages (6): « First ... « Prev 3 4 5 [6]  
Forum Jump:
Search this Thread:
Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread ---> Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
GoodSpike is offline Old Post 04-30-2004 06:56 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for GoodSpike Find more posts by GoodSpike Add GoodSpike to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
GoodSpike
TiVo Forum Special Member

quote:
Originally posted by aaronwt
Most people I know do at least some shopping at Walmart. And these are people making anywhere from 70K to 200K a year.

Maybe they dress down to go to the local Wal-mart here. Most the customers here look like it would be a step up for them to get a job at Wal-mart.

POST #101 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

aaronwt is offline Old Post 04-30-2004 07:14 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for aaronwt Visit aaronwt's homepage! Find more posts by aaronwt Add aaronwt to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
aaronwt
Advanced Member

quote:
Originally posted by GoodSpike
Maybe they dress down to go to the local Wal-mart here. Most the customers here look like it would be a step up for them to get a job at Wal-mart.

I can't say it's that way here. You look at the parking lot and you see alot of BMWs, Acuras, LEXUS, Mercedes, huge SUVs many higher dollar cars. People are there in business suits as well as casual clothes.
The employees definitely don't look like they just got out of prison and they are also friendly and helpful. I live in Northern VA, so that is probably the reason. It is not representative of the rest of the country.

POST #102 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

tgibbs is offline Old Post 04-30-2004 07:52 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for tgibbs Find more posts by tgibbs Add tgibbs to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
tgibbs

quote:
Originally posted by buzzdsm
Here is another example of how I see it.

Say you live in a small town with one gas station. Knowing that people are not going to drive 10 miles away to get gas (wait 4 months in this case) the owner charges 20 cents extra.

Now let's say a few months later another gas station opens right next door and charges the normal price. Of course the original gas station owner matches that price to stay competitive.

Now let me ask you. Which station are you going to go to with all things being equal? You know my answer.

Of course, there is no ethical difference between the two owners. Each is following the rational course of action, and would almost certainly do the same thing as the other guy in his position. The first guy is charging a premium for convenience. He can no longer do so when his advantage of convenience is lost. The second guy is offering an attractive price to build clientele in a new market with an established business. So the answer is that I would patronize the guy who offered the best price, the best service, or who I simply liked the best on a personal basis.

POST #103 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged