TiVo Community Forum Archive 1
READ ONLY ARCHIVES

Welcome to the TiVo Community Forum Archive
This archive covers threads on TiVo Community Forum that have not been posted to from the start until June 30, 2004.  Any thread that has a post made to it between 7/1/04 and 12/31/05, that had not been posted to, will be found in Archive 2.
This is a READ ONLY site.

Search | ARCHIVE 2 | MAIN SITE

TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.8 TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 > Main TiVo Forums > HDTV TiVo Powered PVRs
>>> MY HDTiVo Just Died!!! <<<

Pages (6): « First ... « Prev 3 4 5 [6]  
Forum Jump:
Search this Thread:
Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread ---> Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Mchero is offline Old Post 05-06-2004 08:33 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Mchero Visit Mchero's homepage! Find more posts by Mchero Add Mchero to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Mchero
Almost old member

quote:
Originally posted by gem
I'll be working on that tomorrow. My contact said she would make it right.

Congrats gem, Glad your back in action!

RM

40hr S2 MS WiFi USB Ethernet
80Hr S2 with WUSB11 v2.8
JavaHMO
Tatung 42" EDef Plasma
Comcast Motorola 6200 STB

POST #101 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

litzdog911 is offline Old Post 05-06-2004 11:24 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for litzdog911 Find more posts by litzdog911 Add litzdog911 to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
litzdog911
TiVo Forum Special Member

Gem,
How's the replacement working?

And what did they ask you to do with the broken one?

Sony SAT-A4 Receiver (Bedroom)
Sony SAT-B4 Receiver (Rec Room)
Sony KV-40XBR800 HDTV
Sony STR-DA4ES Dolby Digital Receiver

POST #102 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

gem is offline Old Post 05-06-2004 08:01 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for gem Find more posts by gem Add gem to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
gem

quote:
Originally posted by litzdog911
Gem,
How's the replacement working?

And what did they ask you to do with the broken one?

The replacement is working great so far. With the experience of the first unit, it will take weeks before my confidence is back.

As with any replacement that DirecTV provides, they supply the return FedEx return waybill. The plan is you put the old unit in the same box received, call FedEx for pickup and you're done. Generally you have at least 7 days to return to broken unit.

Robert informed me last night that since no return waybill was included, someone from DirecTV will contact me today to take care of the return.

I appreciate Robert's effort in getting the replacement and arranging the return.

(1) HR10-250 (77/514 Hours)
(2) HDVR2's (144 and 141 Hours)
(1) SD-DVR40 (35 Hours)

POST #103 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

turls is offline Old Post 05-06-2004 09:36 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for turls Find more posts by turls Add turls to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
turls
Advanced Member

First of all, I've asked this for about 2 weeks now, how long will DirecTV take this kind of responsibility for defective units? 30 days? 3 months? The whole warranty period? What is DirecTV's plan for units outside of whatever that window is?

Second, considering DirecTV's performance thus far, isn't it time to rethink this?

I realize you are probably more prepared for this than other vendors, but DirecTV doesn't seem to take your committment to your customers as seriously as you do and that can only reflect negatively on VE.

quote:
Originally posted by DTV TiVo Dealer
We had also planned to do the same for this product, but when DIRECTV took over the product from Hughes they insisted on taking on the responsibility of providing Fed Ex Overnight replacements themselves. So I did take them up on the offer and delivered every unit we received and yes we even banked the $799. balance due on our HR10-250 orders.

POST #104 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

dswallow is offline Old Post 05-06-2004 09:43 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for dswallow Visit dswallow's homepage! Find more posts by dswallow Add dswallow to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dswallow
+258PC

quote:
Originally posted by turls
First of all, I've asked this for about 2 weeks now, how long will DirecTV take this kind of responsibility for defective units? 30 days? 3 months? The whole warranty period?

Second, considering DirecTV's performance thus far, isn't it time to rethink this?

I realize you are probably more prepared for this than other vendors, but DirecTV doesn't seem to take your committment to your customers as seriously as you do and that can only reflect negatively on VE.

Since this is a DirecTV-branded receiver DirecTV is probably going to be providing the warranty service for the entire warranty period.

TiVo Community Forum Member Posting Statistics (updated daily)
List your local digital television broadcast stations by direction/distance
AVSForum Local HDTV Info & Reception index by DMA/City

POST #105 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

DTV TiVo Dealer is offline Old Post 05-06-2004 09:55 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for DTV TiVo Dealer Visit DTV TiVo Dealer's homepage! Find more posts by DTV TiVo Dealer Add DTV TiVo Dealer to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
DTV TiVo Dealer
Snr. Member/Retailer

quote:
Originally posted by turls
First of all, I've asked this for about 2 weeks now, how long will DirecTV take this kind of responsibility for defective units? 30 days? 3 months? The whole warranty period? What is DirecTV's plan for units outside of whatever that window is?

1. DIRECTV will take care of these units for the entire warranty period.

2. They do now.

POST #106 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

LarryInAz is offline Old Post 05-06-2004 10:11 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for LarryInAz Find more posts by LarryInAz Add LarryInAz to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
LarryInAz
TiVo-holic since '99

quote:
Originally posted by dswallow
Since this is a DirecTV-branded receiver DirecTV is probably going to be providing the warranty service for the entire warranty period.

Which is why I decided to take out an "insurance policy" and get D* service plan. Since this is cutting edge technology I feel it's worth the peace of mind to pay them the $7.99 to cover not only my HD TiVo but my other 2 SD TiVo's, my dish aiming, multiswitch, etc.

I rarely take out extra protection on my tech "toys" with exception of my laptop, my RPTV and now my HD TiVo. I sleep better at nite.

The way I look at it for about $96 per year all my satellite equipment is covered. If I was to purchase a new DLP or Plasma >$3000 investment I'd pony up the $250-$400 to protect my set for then next 3-4 years.

Just my .05 cents [.02 before inflation and COL adjustment]

Sold 2 Series2 units to pay for HR10-250 * [63 HD hours]

* Original HR10 "born" April 6th arrived April 22nd Died August 25th
Replacement HR10 "born" July 16th arrived September 3rd, re-upgraded 9/6

Last edited by LarryInAz on 05-07-2004 at 12:28 AM

POST #107 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

chezpaul is offline Old Post 05-07-2004 12:19 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for chezpaul Find more posts by chezpaul Add chezpaul to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
chezpaul

If U hang out and read in the AVS forums, your story gem sounds familiar to this guy who had a bad Sammy 160 HD reciever (when they first came out). DTV kept on telling him a new one was Fed Exed but he would never get anything. And they kept on saying yes it's Fed Exed and it never was. It took 3 weeks before he ever saw a reciever. Then he got three at once... haha...

I really thought your story would last a little bit longer.

I think they're told to say that just to make you hang while they scamble.

POST #108 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

gem is offline Old Post 05-07-2004 12:59 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for gem Find more posts by gem Add gem to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
gem

quote:
Originally posted by chezpaul
If U hang out and read in the AVS forums, your story gem sounds familiar to this guy who had a bad Sammy 160 HD reciever (when they first came out). DTV kept on telling him a new one was Fed Exed but he would never get anything. And they kept on saying yes it's Fed Exed and it never was. It took 3 weeks before he ever saw a reciever. Then he got three at once... haha...

I really thought your story would last a little bit longer.

I think they're told to say that just to make you hang while they scamble.

I think Robert's persistence had something to do with shortening the time.
If mine had gone over a week, it would have been returned it for a full credit and purchased it locally.

(1) HR10-250 (77/514 Hours)
(2) HDVR2's (144 and 141 Hours)
(1) SD-DVR40 (35 Hours)

POST #109 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

turls is offline Old Post 05-07-2004 10:29 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for turls Find more posts by turls Add turls to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
turls
Advanced Member

quote:
Originally posted by dswallow

quote:
Originally posted by DTV TiVo Dealer
1. DIRECTV will take care of these units for the entire warranty period.

I meant how long is the special treatment of "FedEx overnight" going to last after purchase (although they really haven't done "overnight" yet).

At what point after purchase do you ship it off and be at the mercy of how long it takes to get a refurb? Or is it like Gem says, no matter when they replace it you just put it in the same box they sent the replacement in and they provide the return tag? I'm wondering if he is only referring to typical returns processed under the protection plan. I guess I'm skeptical they would do that if they are trying to sell extended warranties if you opted out of the extended warranty.

(I wouldn't mind the extended warranty except for the fact they now charge more for "enhanced" receivers since I dropped it and the fact that they exclude hacked units, and I'm afraid they would use that as an excuse for any problem I have.)

Last edited by turls on 05-07-2004 at 10:35 AM

POST #110 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

turls is offline Old Post 06-10-2004 08:02 PM
turls
Advanced Member

So is DirecTV FedEx'ing replacements under warranty, even without the protection plan, even outside of the 30 day DOA period . . .

Or not?

POST #111 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged