TiVo Community Forum Archive 1
READ ONLY ARCHIVES

Welcome to the TiVo Community Forum Archive
This archive covers threads on TiVo Community Forum that have not been posted to from the start until June 30, 2004.  Any thread that has a post made to it between 7/1/04 and 12/31/05, that had not been posted to, will be found in Archive 2.
This is a READ ONLY site.

Search | ARCHIVE 2 | MAIN SITE

TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.8 TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 > Main TiVo Forums > HDTV TiVo Powered PVRs
>>> Rapid Satellite has them in stock! <<<

Pages (27): [1] 2 3 4 Next » ... Last »  
Forum Jump:
Search this Thread:
Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread ---> Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
drober30 is offline Old Post 04-30-2004 11:17 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for drober30 Find more posts by drober30 Add drober30 to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
drober30

Rapid Satellite has them in stock!

Rapid Satellite has them in stock. Their website reads just received. I called and confirmed that they do have them and I was assured they do. I ordered mine and will be cancelling my BB preorder. I will save over $60 in tax.

The process seems slow. They do not offer overnight shipping. Their website states items will ship 24hrs after they receive the online agreement to terms (which is part of the ordering process).

There web site allows for tracking and order status so I will be able to monitor the order. I can already see my order states pending shipping.

Bottom line is they have them in stock and I am saving $60 in tax . They are an authorized D* dealer and offer a 7 day price match (Price match is just to state they are fair)

Oh yea... their hold time was long.

Last edited by drober30 on 04-30-2004 at 11:24 PM

POST #1 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Phat_jay is offline Old Post 04-30-2004 11:29 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Phat_jay Find more posts by Phat_jay Add Phat_jay to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Phat_jay
Sad My Tivo is Dead

What is there Ph # ?

POST #2 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

drober30 is offline Old Post 04-30-2004 11:32 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for drober30 Find more posts by drober30 Add drober30 to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
drober30

quote:
Originally posted by Phat_jay
What is there Ph # ?

1-866-252-7811 Their hold time was long!. I would place the order on the web while your waiting to talk with them then just confirm they reserved a unit for you.

POST #3 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Phat_jay is offline Old Post 04-30-2004 11:34 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Phat_jay Find more posts by Phat_jay Add Phat_jay to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Phat_jay
Sad My Tivo is Dead

They say how many they Had on hand ?

One Problem is that I dont get intrest free on my credit card unlike I will if I wait for my BB order. WHAT TO DO. Wife is going to kill me....

POST #4 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

buckeye1010 is offline Old Post 04-30-2004 11:34 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for buckeye1010 Find more posts by buckeye1010 Add buckeye1010 to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
buckeye1010
Very Special Member

I just ordered one from them at: http://www.rapidsatellite.com/

For $20 extra ($29.99 total) I got a 3-day expidited shipment. Grand total $1,029.97.

Their phone number is 1-866-252-7811

-Buckeye

POST #5 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

mattdb is offline Old Post 04-30-2004 11:35 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for mattdb Find more posts by mattdb Add mattdb to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
mattdb

Google

Or more precisely

Mattman

POST #6 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

drober30 is offline Old Post 04-30-2004 11:37 PM
drober30

quote:

I asked but they could not say. They stated the system would not allow them to place the order if they ran out of stock. They said there in the Tennessee warehouse.

I was more interested in saving $60 in tax then getting it a few days earlier but nothing is stating I wont. BB does not have them in stock yet.

POST #7 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

drober30 is offline Old Post 04-30-2004 11:42 PM
drober30

quote:

One Problem is that I dont get intrest free on my credit card unlike I will if I wait for my BB order. WHAT TO DO. Wife is going to kill me....

If you dont have a balance and will hold true to paying it off without intrest then wait for BB (assuming your on the pre-order list) If not then pull the triger on the in stock unit.

I think we are all being taken advantage of at $999. But thats for a different thread!

POST #8 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

DoritoOfDeath is offline Old Post 04-30-2004 11:46 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for DoritoOfDeath Find more posts by DoritoOfDeath Add DoritoOfDeath to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
DoritoOfDeath

Man I'm tempted to cancel my Ultimate Electronics pre-order and buy this...I wonder if it's a pain to cancel UE orders...

POST #9 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

mmoulton is offline Old Post 04-30-2004 11:47 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for mmoulton Find more posts by mmoulton Add mmoulton to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
mmoulton

I just ordered mine online... waiting on hold now.

POST #10 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Phat_jay is offline Old Post 04-30-2004 11:48 PM
Phat_jay
Sad My Tivo is Dead

Yes I'm on the Pre-oder list but man this is killing me GRRRRR. Also were has Circuit city been with this thing they seem to be the smart ones with keeping there mouths closed till they get it.

POST #11 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

cobrien is offline Old Post 04-30-2004 11:48 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for cobrien Find more posts by cobrien Add cobrien to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
cobrien

quote:
Originally posted by mmoulton
I just ordered mine online... waiting on hold now.

ditto

POST #12 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Ohhbother is offline Old Post 04-30-2004 11:54 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Ohhbother Find more posts by Ohhbother Add Ohhbother to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ohhbother

I just placed my order online, and I talked with a customer service rep who said it will ship within 24 hours.

Best part -- the warehouse is in Knoxville, TN, and I live about 90 minutes away! I wonder if I can just go pick it up...

I missed the Best Buy frenzy with an all-day meeting. Thanks, guys, for sharing this opportunity!

Amy

POST #13 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

SupraLB is offline Old Post 05-01-2004 12:00 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for SupraLB Find more posts by SupraLB Add SupraLB to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
SupraLB

I don't see it on the website anywhere. gGrrrrr

POST #14 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

DoritoOfDeath is offline Old Post 05-01-2004 12:01 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for DoritoOfDeath Find more posts by DoritoOfDeath Add DoritoOfDeath to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
DoritoOfDeath

I ordered as well. GOing to see what their customer service says..I want to make sure it's in stock before cancelling my UE order which I paid in full

POST #15 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

daperlman is offline Old Post 05-01-2004 12:02 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for daperlman Visit daperlman's homepage! Find more posts by daperlman Add daperlman to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
daperlman
sci-fi wasabi

Yo update:
use the 'live chat' instead of holding for an hour:

here is my live chat transcript:

quote:

Please wait for a site operator to respond.
You are now chatting with 'rep'
rep: Hello & Welcome! Are you ready to place your DIRECTV RapidSatellite order?
me: Good afternoon I have placed an order and I have a question
rep: Ok
me: For the HR10-250 do you have them in stock and if yes, when will mine ship
me: my order # is Order ID: RS-69194
rep: No, they are currently on back order
me: when will they be in?
rep: Next week
me: ok thanks, I suppose I will be able to check status of order online from this point forward
rep: Correct

POST #16 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

DoritoOfDeath is offline Old Post 05-01-2004 12:02 AM
DoritoOfDeath

quote:
Originally posted by SupraLB
I don't see it on the website anywhere. gGrrrrr

It's a little hidden. Here's the link:
http://www.rapidsatellite.com/detail.aspx?ID=337

POST #17 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

mmoulton is offline Old Post 05-01-2004 12:03 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for mmoulton Find more posts by mmoulton Add mmoulton to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
mmoulton

quote:
Originally posted by DoritoOfDeath
I ordered as well. GOing to see what their customer service says..I want to make sure it's in stock before cancelling my UE order which I paid in full

I'm in the same boat; both UE and VE. I think I will actually wait until I have a tracking # before canceling my others.

POST #18 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

dknightx is offline Old Post 05-01-2004 12:05 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for dknightx Find more posts by dknightx Add dknightx to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dknightx

Unhappy Not in stock according to LiveChat rep

I just placed an order myself and then decided to click on the LIVE HELP link on their website. Spoke to a customer service rep named Beymar who says that these are NOT in stock but are expected sometime next week.

I now have four of these on order: VE, SS, BB, and RS. Maybe one of them will ship next week!

-Dave

POST #19 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Brett Jason is offline Old Post 05-01-2004 12:07 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Brett Jason Find more posts by Brett Jason Add Brett Jason to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Brett Jason

Maybe you'll get 4 of them

POST #20 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged