TiVo Community Forum Archive 1
READ ONLY ARCHIVES

Welcome to the TiVo Community Forum Archive
This archive covers threads on TiVo Community Forum that have not been posted to from the start until June 30, 2004.  Any thread that has a post made to it between 7/1/04 and 12/31/05, that had not been posted to, will be found in Archive 2.
This is a READ ONLY site.

Search | ARCHIVE 2 | MAIN SITE

TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.8 TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 > Main TiVo Forums > HDTV TiVo Powered PVRs
>>> Rapid Satellite has them in stock! <<<

Pages (27): « Prev 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 Next » ... Last »  
Forum Jump:
Search this Thread:
Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread ---> Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
MNTivoGuy is offline Old Post 05-01-2004 12:43 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for MNTivoGuy Find more posts by MNTivoGuy Add MNTivoGuy to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
MNTivoGuy

quote:
Originally posted by Scott R. Scherr
Just so there is no confusion, Rapid Satellite does not have these in stock. They are expecting to get them next week. If you contact them by live chat, as others have indicated, they will tell you that they are on back order. Who knows how many they will get next week.

Scott

I am on the phone now. The rep says that they are in stock and ready for delivery immediately. I asked, oh, ten times. I am ordering now.

POST #41 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

SupraLB is offline Old Post 05-01-2004 12:44 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for SupraLB Find more posts by SupraLB Add SupraLB to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
SupraLB

I've been on hold for 35 minutes trying to get an answer. I got the same "backordered" response from Live Help. Will post when I get an answer.

POST #42 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

gamecox86 is offline Old Post 05-01-2004 12:46 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for gamecox86 Find more posts by gamecox86 Add gamecox86 to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
gamecox86

Re: Rapid Satellite has them in stock!

quote:
Originally posted by drober30
Rapid Satellite has them in stock. Their website reads just received. I called and confirmed that they do have them and I was assured they do. I ordered mine and will be cancelling my BB preorder. I will save over $60 in tax.

The process seems slow. They do not offer overnight shipping. Their website states items will ship 24hrs after they receive the online agreement to terms (which is part of the ordering process).

There web site allows for tracking and order status so I will be able to monitor the order. I can already see my order states pending shipping.

Bottom line is they have them in stock and I am saving $60 in tax . They are an authorized D* dealer and offer a 7 day price match (Price match is just to state they are fair)

Oh yea... their hold time was long.

Be careful their price match policy is pretty damn sneaky, and they won't price match until after you have activated the receiver. Which means you can't return it.

POST #43 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Ohhbother is offline Old Post 05-01-2004 12:48 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Ohhbother Find more posts by Ohhbother Add Ohhbother to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ohhbother

quote:
Originally posted by Beantownbeanie
Actually they had them yesterday. I thought everyone knew. I actually was first. I just saw this and realized no one knew...Sorry to my friends on the BB list. I now have my one coming from RS and the one on preorder for BB.
If I get them both I guess I can return one.
Ken

This matches what the phone rep told me. When I told her what I was ordering, she said, "Oh, we just got those in yesterday!"

Here's hoping she's right. I double-checked with her about five times. She seemed very confident.

I placed my order around 1:40 p.m. Eastern.

Amy

POST #44 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Chew is offline Old Post 05-01-2004 12:49 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Chew Find more posts by Chew Add Chew to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Chew

Man, this thread is like a rollar coaster of emotions.

I pre-ordered about 45 minutes ago.

POST #45 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

DoritoOfDeath is offline Old Post 05-01-2004 12:50 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for DoritoOfDeath Find more posts by DoritoOfDeath Add DoritoOfDeath to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
DoritoOfDeath

quote:
Originally posted by chew1138

Technically, it's not a pre-order!!1 haha Although despite the phone reps saying it's in stock, I'm leaning more towards believing the live online reps right now.

POST #46 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

daperlman is offline Old Post 05-01-2004 12:52 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for daperlman Visit daperlman's homepage! Find more posts by daperlman Add daperlman to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
daperlman
sci-fi wasabi

quote:
Originally posted by chew1138

even next week is pretty good compared to anyone else

POST #47 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

MNTivoGuy is offline Old Post 05-01-2004 12:52 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for MNTivoGuy Find more posts by MNTivoGuy Add MNTivoGuy to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
MNTivoGuy

Just ordered, paid, got a confirmation and told it will me here 3 days from Monday!!!!! He swore they were in stock. I believe him.

POST #48 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

SupraLB is offline Old Post 05-01-2004 12:53 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for SupraLB Find more posts by SupraLB Add SupraLB to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
SupraLB

Yes, they have them in stock right now. I talked to them on the phone. Order online is your best bet, that hold time is a nightmare.

POST #49 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

DoritoOfDeath is offline Old Post 05-01-2004 12:53 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for DoritoOfDeath Find more posts by DoritoOfDeath Add DoritoOfDeath to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
DoritoOfDeath

quote:
Originally posted by MNTivoGuy
Just ordered, paid, got a confirmation and told it will me here 3 days from Monday!!!!! He swore they were in stock. I believe him.

Did you get his name, number and first born to hold hostage just in case he lied?

POST #50 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

whsbuss is offline Old Post 05-01-2004 12:54 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for whsbuss Find more posts by whsbuss Add whsbuss to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
whsbuss
Advanced Member

GOT MINE

Just off the phone with Stacy in sales......

HD Tivo w/expediated shipping slated to arrive next Wed thru Fri.

Price $1029.95

WOW I'm excited now. Only one more week to wait!!

Pioneer DVR-520H
Sony NS775V DVD

POST #51 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

NJChris is offline Old Post 05-01-2004 12:54 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for NJChris Find more posts by NJChris Add NJChris to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
NJChris
Moogs!

We should be lucky you can't get put in a loony bin for all the insanity going on. People pre-ordering from FOUR different places!!!

Be afraid.

"....we are all bound to each other by our common humanity despite our many personal differences; that it is our failure to understand and respect those differences that causes most of life's pain and suffering" -Agnes Nixon

POST #52 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

DoritoOfDeath is offline Old Post 05-01-2004 12:54 AM
DoritoOfDeath

quote:
Originally posted by SupraLB
Yes, they have them in stock right now. I talked to them on the phone. Order online is your best bet, that hold time is a nightmare.

See my above post..did you get his first born to hold hostage?! haha

PS: This has been a pretty fun thread all in all.

POST #53 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Chew is offline Old Post 05-01-2004 12:54 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Chew Find more posts by Chew Add Chew to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Chew

I still haven't gotten that email confirmation, but the order shows up in the site's account history.

POST #54 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

chuckyoufarley is offline Old Post 05-01-2004 12:55 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for chuckyoufarley Find more posts by chuckyoufarley Add chuckyoufarley to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
chuckyoufarley

The beat goes on. I hope you get the units when they said you should.
I had the same thing happen to me on the BestBuy roller coaster. Ironically they appear to have the same ship dates as AmSat,and RapidSat...coincidence? I think not.

POST #55 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Scott R. Scherr is offline Old Post 05-01-2004 12:56 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Scott R. Scherr Visit Scott R. Scherr's homepage! Find more posts by Scott R. Scherr Add Scott R. Scherr to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Scott R. Scherr

I am chatting with Beymar right now. She says that the phone representatives are wrong. She spoke with the VP of Rapid Satellite this morning and he told her that they are backordered.

Scott

POST #56 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

DoritoOfDeath is offline Old Post 05-01-2004 12:58 AM
DoritoOfDeath

quote:
Originally posted by Scott R. Scherr
I am chatting with Beymar right now. She says that the phone representatives are wrong. She spoke with the VP of Rapid Satellite this morning and he told her that they are backordered.

Scott

This is what I feared, oh well. Did she say how long the backorder is?

POST #57 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Scott R. Scherr is offline Old Post 05-01-2004 12:59 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Scott R. Scherr Visit Scott R. Scherr's homepage! Find more posts by Scott R. Scherr Add Scott R. Scherr to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Scott R. Scherr

No, she didn't. She said she was positive that they were backordered.

Scott

POST #58 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

slangley is offline Old Post 05-01-2004 01:00 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for slangley Find more posts by slangley Add slangley to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
slangley

JUST GOT MINE TOO!!

The lady on the phone SWORE they were in stock and would ship early next week.

Hope they are right.

I will cancel my VE order once I see it is on the way...and in my grubby little hands!!

POST #59 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

chuckyoufarley is offline Old Post 05-01-2004 01:00 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for chuckyoufarley Find more posts by chuckyoufarley Add chuckyoufarley to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
chuckyoufarley

Let me take a wild guess...the 6th? Like everyone else?

POST #60 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged