TiVo Community Forum Archive 1
READ ONLY ARCHIVES

Welcome to the TiVo Community Forum Archive
This archive covers threads on TiVo Community Forum that have not been posted to from the start until June 30, 2004.  Any thread that has a post made to it between 7/1/04 and 12/31/05, that had not been posted to, will be found in Archive 2.
This is a READ ONLY site.

Search | ARCHIVE 2 | MAIN SITE

TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.8 TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 > Main TiVo Forums > HDTV TiVo Powered PVRs
>>> If you ordered from Rapid Satellite post here. <<<

Pages (7): « Prev 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 Next » ... Last »  
Forum Jump:
Search this Thread:
Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread ---> Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
comanche is offline Old Post 05-03-2004 06:51 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for comanche Visit comanche's homepage! Find more posts by comanche Add comanche to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
comanche

I ordered mine on 4-30-04 at 1230pm EDT. I think there are about 120 people ahead of me.

POST #41 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

mag249 is offline Old Post 05-03-2004 07:31 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for mag249 Find more posts by mag249 Add mag249 to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
mag249

Check out the "My Account" section at the top of the rapid sat web site. Once you log in, you can check the status of your order.

I am sure you are pending shipment as well. Good luck.

POST #42 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

mammut is offline Old Post 05-03-2004 07:54 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for mammut Find more posts by mammut Add mammut to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
mammut

Placed the order for 1 at 11:20 AM PST on Friday. Status for mine shows Pending Shipment. Crossing fingers for a shipment on Monday

POST #43 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Joe Q is offline Old Post 05-03-2004 08:33 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Joe Q Find more posts by Joe Q Add Joe Q to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Joe Q

Placed my order over the phone at 5:00 PM on May 1.

I have received no email - was I supposed to?

All I have is a verbal order number that I wrote down.

I was told to expect the unit to be delivered in one or two weeks.

Mastercard still shows a pending transaction on the Mastercard website.

Joe

POST #44 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

flapbreaker is offline Old Post 05-03-2004 09:01 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for flapbreaker Find more posts by flapbreaker Add flapbreaker to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
flapbreaker

quote:
Originally posted by Joe Q
Placed my order over the phone at 5:00 PM on May 1.

I have received no email - was I supposed to?

All I have is a verbal order number that I wrote down.

I was told to expect the unit to be delivered in one or two weeks.

Mastercard still shows a pending transaction on the Mastercard website.

Joe

Did you order online or did you order over the phone? If you ordered over the phone did they ask for you email? If not then they won't email you anything. If you ordered online and entered your email address you should have received a confirmation email. It sounds like you missed the first batch of Tivo's they had though.

POST #45 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Joe Q is offline Old Post 05-03-2004 09:04 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Joe Q Find more posts by Joe Q Add Joe Q to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Joe Q

quote:
Originally posted by flapbreaker
Did you order online or did you order over the phone?

---->See above. I ordered over the phone

If you ordered over the phone did they ask for you email?

-----> Yes, they asked me for an email. I know I missed first batch as they told me so. They said I should get one in 1 week. 2 at the most.

POST #46 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

dknightx is offline Old Post 05-03-2004 06:55 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for dknightx Find more posts by dknightx Add dknightx to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dknightx

I ordered on 4/30 at 1:54pm EDT. I now have 5 outstanding orders (VE, SS, BB, RS, and NS). One of 'em better ship this week!

-Dave

POST #47 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

jeffshome is offline Old Post 05-03-2004 07:33 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for jeffshome Visit jeffshome's homepage! Find more posts by jeffshome Add jeffshome to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jeffshome

Ordered on Friday 04/30/04. Pending shipment now -- we'll see!

POST #48 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

daperlman is offline Old Post 05-03-2004 07:55 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for daperlman Visit daperlman's homepage! Find more posts by daperlman Add daperlman to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
daperlman
sci-fi wasabi

I order 4/30, expect it to be shipped today-wed.

POST #49 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Chew is offline Old Post 05-03-2004 08:25 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Chew Find more posts by Chew Add Chew to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Chew

Ordered on 04/30 in the early afternoon, don't know exact time. Order shows on their website and I got the email from Nick, but never received the order confirmation email.

POST #50 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

DennisMileHi is offline Old Post 05-03-2004 08:32 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for DennisMileHi Find more posts by DennisMileHi Add DennisMileHi to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
DennisMileHi

Well I ordered very early Thursday afternoon (4/29). So, I think I was one of the very first ones to do so.

My order says Pending Shipment. I got an order confirmation email immediately after ordering but nothing else.

I just called their customer service and Christy put me on hold to check. She then said that they are all going to ship in 10-14 days. I said I was told they were in stock when I ordered. She said yes they are in stock now (whatever that means) but it is taking 10-14 days to get them out.

I also asked if they were shipping them in order sequence and she also said yes. I asked why mine would not be shipping then since I ordered early and they were in stock. No good answer... still 10-14 days.

This outfit is clearly out of control and is either lying or truly doesn't know what they are doing. Good grief. At least BB has told me for sure it is delayed until 5/23 or so.

Anybody hear anything different??

POST #51 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

daperlman is offline Old Post 05-03-2004 08:48 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for daperlman Visit daperlman's homepage! Find more posts by daperlman Add daperlman to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
daperlman
sci-fi wasabi

quote:
Originally posted by DennisMileHi
Well I ordered very early Thursday afternoon (4/29). So, I think I was one of the very first ones to do so.

My order says Pending Shipment. I got an order confirmation email immediately after ordering but nothing else.

I just called their customer service and Christy put me on hold to check. She then said that they are all going to ship in 10-14 days. I said I was told they were in stock when I ordered. She said yes they are in stock now (whatever that means) but it is taking 10-14 days to get them out.

I also asked if they were shipping them in order sequence and she also said yes. I asked why mine would not be shipping then since I ordered early and they were in stock. No good answer... still 10-14 days.

This outfit is clearly out of control and is either lying or truly doesn't know what they are doing. Good grief. At least BB has told me for sure it is delayed until 5/23 or so.

Anybody hear anything different??

That would be disappointing, considering Nick went out of his way to send a message with a shipping window of 1-5 days (much different than 10-14 days).

Last edited by daperlman on 05-03-2004 at 08:56 PM

POST #52 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Fluffybear is offline Old Post 05-03-2004 08:52 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Fluffybear Find more posts by Fluffybear Add Fluffybear to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Fluffybear

James from RS called and was trying to work out a few things on my order that got screwed up.
He stated they received 900 of them and that any orders placed prior to Thursday received one of those 900. Orders between Thursday and Saturday will receive one from a second shipment that is due in this week.
James also stated they will come from Florida and not Knoxville as been reported in this forum.

Philips PTV100 (Unmodified)
DirecTV HR10-250 (70 Hours HD)
Philips DSR6000 (106 Hours)
Sony SAT-T60 (146 Hours)
Hughes HDVR2 (unmodified)

POST #53 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Paperboy2003 is offline Old Post 05-03-2004 09:49 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Paperboy2003 Find more posts by Paperboy2003 Add Paperboy2003 to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Paperboy2003
Wasting time here

quote:
Originally posted by Fluffybear
James from RS called and was trying to work out a few things on my order that got screwed up.
He stated they received 900 of them and that any orders placed prior to Thursday received one of those 900. Orders between Thursday and Saturday will receive one from a second shipment that is due in this week.
James also stated they will come from Florida and not Knoxville as been reported in this forum.

Tell me something Fluffy.....if Nick in his e-mail said that they were put on the site, and they started taking orders for the first time on Thursday, how can any orders be placed 'prior' to Thursday. I'd check your info.

Additionally please realize that it was said somewhere that people are not to call the CSR's b/c they don't have the most up to date info on this product; so why would you trust what you heard from a CSR.

Also realize that orders place before Sat. cut off are due to ship this week. They can easily get them in on Thurs and ship them overnight and still accomplish deliveries this week, or even this them on Friday and still be accurate.

We'll know soon enough (perhaps by Wednesday) how accurate things are....just sit back, relax and see what happens.

Doug

POST #54 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Unkanny is offline Old Post 05-03-2004 09:50 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Unkanny Find more posts by Unkanny Add Unkanny to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Unkanny

Ordered by phone Friday 4/30 at about 2:00 CST. Received confirmation e-mail from Nick @ 8:57P CST. In Stock and they expect my order to ship no later than Friday. I will believe it when I see it.

POST #55 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

richhurley is offline Old Post 05-03-2004 10:10 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for richhurley Find more posts by richhurley Add richhurley to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
richhurley

Ordered mine by phone on 4/30 around 2:00 p.m. I talked to Nick and he said they had them in stock and mine would ship on Monday. I did receive an email confirming my order.

POST #56 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

flapbreaker is offline Old Post 05-03-2004 10:19 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for flapbreaker Find more posts by flapbreaker Add flapbreaker to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
flapbreaker

Ok, I emailed Nick at RS and received a response from him with 10 minutes. I asked him to provide us with some information that I could post on this forum. I let him know that there was a lot of people that felt as though there was enough inconsistant information coming from his company that people were considering cancelling. Basically I wanted to give him the opportunity to respond.

Here is what you can post.

Please refer to our TiVo landing page at
www.rapidsatellite.com/tivo_land.aspx

We will update everyone there. We are working hard to ship all units
ordered and they are shipping a little differently as we have assembled a
team of folks to fulfill these special orders. Our regular team cannot be
asked to do this as we still need to ship our 400 daily NON - HD DVR orders.
This sudden demand is above and beyond what we normally process so it
requires special attention. While we value the attention of the forums, our
loyalty is not to a forum but to our customers. That being said, it is not
our priority or desire to try and "justify" or "prove" ourselves to forum
members. Those that have crossed over and become RapidSatellite.com
customers will soon enough see that we are for real. Many of you will
receive your units in the next few days and many will get tracking numbers
later today. If you wish to share that with forum members, it's your
prerogative. Those of you that do not feel confident in our ability to
deliver, should cancel your orders... It will allow others to move up who do
feel confident in Rapid.

We have been upfront and honest in all our dealings. We got a little
blind-sided and our internal communication took a shot. However we worked
late into the weekend to recover and I must say we recovered rather nicely
and quickly. I would go as far as saying that we have the most upfront
order taking program now out there regarding this very hot product. Whether
you are willing to wait 1-4 (or more) weeks for your order (given that we
are now into waitlist) or not, we will continue to sell these units in
record numbers. We are the #1 online source for DIRECTV DVR (confirmed via
DIRECTV) and an Elite Top 10 Dealer. We are here for the long haul and are
here to service our customers. I hope this FINAL COMMUNICATION from me
regarding this issue can give you the comfort you need.

Regards,

Nick Molina
CEO
RapidSatellite.com

P.S. One more reminder... We never charge your card until your order ships.
We obtain an authorization but no charge is processed until shipment occurs.

POST #57 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

camcollect is offline Old Post 05-03-2004 10:26 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for camcollect Find more posts by camcollect Add camcollect to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
camcollect
LSU Tigers

Just received this email:

RE: Order #RS-XXXX

Dear greg xxxxxxx,

Great News! Your order #RS-xxxx from Rapid Satellite has been sent to the warehouse. It is now too late to cancel or change your order. If we need anymore information from you regarding your order #RS-xxxx, we will contact you right away.

Thanks again for your purchase.

This may be a good time to take note of our Referral Program. You can earn $50 by simply referring your friends and family to our website. When they purchase and install a system, you get 50 bucks! It's that simple!

Please go to http://www.rapidsatellite.com/affiliates.aspx to enroll in minutes.

Regards,

The Team
RapidSatellite.com

Website status now says:
Order sent to fulfillment

HD TiVo~ HR10-250
Replay 5000 (160GB) + Sony HD300

POST #58 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

ToddHealy is offline Old Post 05-03-2004 10:32 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for ToddHealy Find more posts by ToddHealy Add ToddHealy to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ToddHealy

quote:
Originally posted by flapbreaker
Nick Molina
CEO
RapidSatellite.com

P.S. One more reminder... We never charge your card until your order ships.
We obtain an authorization but no charge is processed until shipment occurs.

People planning multiple preorders should take note of that last sentence. An authorize is not technically a charge (your balance doesn't change) but it does lock up a $1,000+ of your available credit.

Why on earth would they need an authorization for an order they can't currently fulfill?

POST #59 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Fluffybear is offline Old Post 05-03-2004 10:41 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Fluffybear Find more posts by Fluffybear Add Fluffybear to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Fluffybear

quote:
Originally posted by ToddHealy
People planning multiple preorders should take note of that last sentence. An authorize is not technically a charge (your balance doesn't change) but it does lock up a $1,000+ of your available credit.

Why on earth would they need an authorization for an order they can't currently fulfill?

Authorizations are good for 7 days. If RS plans to ship it this week then this assured them the credit is available and the only thing they have to do is submit the paperwork to the bank.

I have no problem with someone pre-authorizing the card but I would prefer they just did a $1.00 authorization at first to validate the card then do a full authorization the morning they plan to ship.

In my case, I have put each pre-order on a different card in order to be able and watch them a little more and not raise such a serious over at the CC fraud department..

Philips PTV100 (Unmodified)
DirecTV HR10-250 (70 Hours HD)
Philips DSR6000 (106 Hours)
Sony SAT-T60 (146 Hours)
Hughes HDVR2 (unmodified)

POST #60 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged