TiVo Community Forum Archive 1
READ ONLY ARCHIVES

Welcome to the TiVo Community Forum Archive
This archive covers threads on TiVo Community Forum that have not been posted to from the start until June 30, 2004.  Any thread that has a post made to it between 7/1/04 and 12/31/05, that had not been posted to, will be found in Archive 2.
This is a READ ONLY site.

Search | ARCHIVE 2 | MAIN SITE

TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.8 TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 > Main TiVo Forums > HDTV TiVo Powered PVRs
>>> If you ordered from Rapid Satellite post here. <<<

Pages (7): « Prev 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 Next »  
Forum Jump:
Search this Thread:
Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread ---> Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
buckeye1010 is offline Old Post 05-03-2004 10:42 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for buckeye1010 Find more posts by buckeye1010 Add buckeye1010 to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
buckeye1010
Very Special Member

I got the same email as Greg. When I log into the RS website, I now see:

Tracking Details:

Order sent to fulfillment

Monitor: 65" Mitsubishi 65611 - ISF'd | Receiver: Yamaha 5590 | Speakers: Polk RM7300 | DVD: Panasonic CP-72 | Sony SAT-T60 (280GB & Cachecard) | "Hughes" HR10-250 (550GB) | VHS: JVC SVHS | Plus a bunch of old stuff dating back to 1918

POST #61 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

jackf|ack is offline Old Post 05-03-2004 11:23 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for jackf|ack Find more posts by jackf|ack Add jackf|ack to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jackf|ack

Sat 12:57am PST

Units: 2

RS-695XX

-jack

POST #62 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

ToddHealy is offline Old Post 05-04-2004 12:27 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for ToddHealy Find more posts by ToddHealy Add ToddHealy to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ToddHealy

quote:
Originally posted by Fluffybear
Authorizations are good for 7 days. If RS plans to ship it this week then this assured them the credit is available and the only thing they have to do is submit the paperwork to the bank.

I have no problem with someone pre-authorizing the card but I would prefer they just did a $1.00 authorization at first to validate the card then do a full authorization the morning they plan to ship.

In my case, I have put each pre-order on a different card in order to be able and watch them a little more and not raise such a serious over at the CC fraud department..

A Citibank CSR told me that authorizations last 30 days. I ordered Denon 5900 DVD player for ~$1500 online only to be told it was on backorder AFTER they got an authorization against my account. I immediately cancelled the order but the authorization was still in place. This caused another purchase to be declined despite having more than enough credit remaining. I called the credit card company and the CSR said the authorization would expire in 30 days unless the vendor cancels it.

POST #63 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

SupraLB is offline Old Post 05-04-2004 12:41 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for SupraLB Find more posts by SupraLB Add SupraLB to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
SupraLB

So no tracking numbers yet???

POST #64 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

HofstraJet is offline Old Post 05-04-2004 12:53 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for HofstraJet Visit HofstraJet's homepage! Find more posts by HofstraJet Add HofstraJet to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
HofstraJet
Member in Hiding

So far, two of the early orders are pending fulfillment - sounds promising.

P.S. to the mods: should this and the other Rapid Satellite threads be merged? http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-v...287#post1924287

1 Hughes GXCEB0TD DirecTiVo receiver @ 106 hours
2 Philips DSR6000 DirecTiVo receivers (Both at 106 hours each)
3 Philips DSR704 DirecTiVo receivers (stock)
1 RCA DVR40 DirecTiVo receiver (stock)
1 Zenith HD-SAT520 HD Receiver

POST #65 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

drober30 is offline Old Post 05-04-2004 01:02 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for drober30 Find more posts by drober30 Add drober30 to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
drober30

Well.. I think this thread has been open long enough to get an idea of RS order load.

It looks like under 60 units have been placed with RS from people who are posting.

With all the talk of other venders pushing back the dates we can only hope Nick holds true to his word!

POST #66 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Fluffybear is offline Old Post 05-04-2004 01:04 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Fluffybear Find more posts by Fluffybear Add Fluffybear to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Fluffybear

quote:
Originally posted by ToddHealy
A Citibank CSR told me that authorizations last 30 days. I ordered Denon 5900 DVD player for ~$1500 online only to be told it was on backorder AFTER they got an authorization against my account. I immediately cancelled the order but the authorization was still in place. This caused another purchase to be declined despite having more than enough credit remaining. I called the credit card company and the CSR said the authorization would expire in 30 days unless the vendor cancels it.

I believe each bank has their own polciy in regards to this. I went through a few terms and conditions to cards we hold (including Citi) this afternoon and noticed most seem to be 7 days. I have 1 or 2 which states 10 days (these tend to be with smaller banks) but no where close to 30.

POST #67 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

tarix is offline Old Post 05-04-2004 01:05 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for tarix Visit tarix's homepage! Find more posts by tarix Add tarix to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
tarix

quote:
Originally posted by HofstraJet
So far, two of the early orders are pending fulfillment - sounds promising.

Please keep us posted on these! I'm not going to feel so rosey about my order if you guys haven't received tracking numbers by the end of today.

DirecTV HR10-250: 225SD / 30HD
Philips DSR6000: 225hrs
Mitsubishi WS-55805: Fixed

POST #68 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

SupraLB is offline Old Post 05-04-2004 01:22 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for SupraLB Find more posts by SupraLB Add SupraLB to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
SupraLB

Tracking numbers have to be submitted by at least 5pm eastern time I would think. They are here on the east coast and UPS/FED EX usually do not pick up anywhere after that. So we have about 1 and half our left.

POST #69 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

tarix is offline Old Post 05-04-2004 01:27 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for tarix Visit tarix's homepage! Find more posts by tarix Add tarix to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
tarix

Just for everyone's information. When you call Rapid Satellite customer service this is who you are actually talking to:

Metron North America

POST #70 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

drober30 is offline Old Post 05-04-2004 01:30 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for drober30 Find more posts by drober30 Add drober30 to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
drober30

quote:
Originally posted by tarix
Just for everyone's information. When you call Rapid Satellite customer service this is who you are actually talking to:

Metron North America

At least they specialize (or are supposed to) in the areas we need them to and their not just a call center for Nick.

POST #71 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

SupraLB is offline Old Post 05-04-2004 01:33 AM
SupraLB

This is why I hate when companies outsource so much. So much misinformation and confusion.

POST #72 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

tarix is offline Old Post 05-04-2004 01:35 AM
tarix

quote:
Originally posted by drober30
At least they specialize (or are supposed to) in the areas we need them to and their not just a call center for Nick.

Right, but it also explains why they may not have perfect information on stock and availability. It's not like they are at a store front and can see these things. They're just in some call center somewhere and don't have anything to go by except what their computer tells them.

POST #73 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

drober30 is offline Old Post 05-04-2004 01:48 AM
drober30

quote:
Originally posted by tarix
Right, but it also explains why they may not have perfect information on stock and availability. It's not like they are at a store front and can see these things. They're just in some call center somewhere and don't have anything to go by except what their computer tells them.

I agree... This was my previous post in the RS in stock thread.

I am under the impression the RS is a broker type firm. You can call them 24/7 according to their web site which leads me to believe it's an answering service/call center.

Their business address is a suite # so I don't think they have a store front.

They just contract out the installs to companies in your local area. The same way D* does it.

POST #74 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Fluffybear is offline Old Post 05-04-2004 01:52 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Fluffybear Find more posts by Fluffybear Add Fluffybear to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Fluffybear

I just received a reply to my e-mail from Nick and offered me a couple of solutions to my problem and am waiting to get confirmation that he was able to fix my order and expedite it..

Philips PTV100 (Unmodified)
DirecTV HR10-250 (70 Hours HD)
Philips DSR6000 (106 Hours)
Sony SAT-T60 (146 Hours)
Hughes HDVR2 (unmodified)

POST #75 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

drober30 is offline Old Post 05-04-2004 01:53 AM
drober30

quote:
Originally posted by Fluffybear
I just received a reply to my e-mail from Nick and offered me a couple of solutions to my problem and am waiting to get confirmation that he was able to fix my order and expedite it..

What were his offers?

POST #76 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Fluffybear is offline Old Post 05-04-2004 02:01 AM
Fluffybear

quote:
Originally posted by drober30
What were his offers?

He stated it ship it FedEx 3 day or for $100 he would ship it overnight and it would go out today..

I opted for the overnight..

In the long run, It will cost me the same as my BB order (as I had to pay tax there) but I will have it sooner then BB could have gotten it to me..

I will let everyone know as I get a tracking number or the box arrives if I do not get a tracking # before then.

Philips PTV100 (Unmodified)
DirecTV HR10-250 (70 Hours HD)
Philips DSR6000 (106 Hours)
Sony SAT-T60 (146 Hours)
Hughes HDVR2 (unmodified)

POST #77 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

MNTivoGuy is offline Old Post 05-04-2004 02:11 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for MNTivoGuy Find more posts by MNTivoGuy Add MNTivoGuy to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
MNTivoGuy

My status changed from pending shipment to "order sent to fulfillment."
I hope that is a good thing!

POST #78 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

HofstraJet is offline Old Post 05-04-2004 02:16 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for HofstraJet Visit HofstraJet's homepage! Find more posts by HofstraJet Add HofstraJet to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
HofstraJet
Member in Hiding

Did you get the email the others received about being too late to cancel, etc?

1 Hughes GXCEB0TD DirecTiVo receiver @ 106 hours
2 Philips DSR6000 DirecTiVo receivers (Both at 106 hours each)
3 Philips DSR704 DirecTiVo receivers (stock)
1 RCA DVR40 DirecTiVo receiver (stock)
1 Zenith HD-SAT520 HD Receiver

POST #79 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Paperboy2003 is offline Old Post 05-04-2004 02:24 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Paperboy2003 Find more posts by Paperboy2003 Add Paperboy2003 to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Paperboy2003
Wasting time here

quote:
Originally posted by MNTivoGuy
My status changed from pending shipment to "order sent to fulfillment."
I hope that is a good thing!

when did you order??

POST #80 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged