TiVo Community Forum Archive 1
READ ONLY ARCHIVES

Welcome to the TiVo Community Forum Archive
This archive covers threads on TiVo Community Forum that have not been posted to from the start until June 30, 2004.  Any thread that has a post made to it between 7/1/04 and 12/31/05, that had not been posted to, will be found in Archive 2.
This is a READ ONLY site.

Search | ARCHIVE 2 | MAIN SITE

TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.8 TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 > Main TiVo Forums > HDTV TiVo Powered PVRs
>>> Rapid Satellite Delivers HD Units <<<

Pages (8): « Prev 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 Next » ... Last »  
Forum Jump:
Search this Thread:
Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread ---> Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
sobe_knights is offline Old Post 05-05-2004 12:35 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for sobe_knights Find more posts by sobe_knights Add sobe_knights to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
sobe_knights

quote:
Originally posted by Beantownbeanie
Well I just cancelled.
I can't take it anymore.

I went online and my account says sent to fufillment. However
they called me and said they won't have any for 10-14 days.
I ordered on April 29th.

I emailed NICK....Let's see if he responds as they are refusing to let
me cancel an order for a product that they do not have.

It amazes me now they are holding my order hostage. IMHO I feel
this is a tactic to prevent loss of business.

Please help me.
Should I call my CC company and tell them to refuse to let the charge go
through? I can do that with my card by the way.
OR
If and when I get a tracking number I tell them that I will be refusing it??
What do I do?

Are you crazy? You are cancelling an order that says sent for fullfilment? That means it shipped! I tell you what... accept it and I will buy it for you for my sister.

POST #41 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

cwafer is offline Old Post 05-05-2004 12:37 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for cwafer Find more posts by cwafer Add cwafer to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
cwafer

Ordered around 2, 2:30 CST on Fri Apr 30, order # 6930x. Got a call from an installer today asking me to call him when the box came in. Told him I didn't need an install, and he gave me the tracking #. Order status on RS is "Order Shipped."

According to FedEx, I'll get the box tomorrow. I'll let you guys know when I actually hold it in my hands.

-Chris

POST #42 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Starrbuck is offline Old Post 05-05-2004 12:40 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Starrbuck Find more posts by Starrbuck Add Starrbuck to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Starrbuck

quote:
Originally posted by Ohhbother
I'm so excited!

I just got my tracking info from RS. My TiVo shipped yesterday and will be delivered tomorrow -- in time for the final Friends and with a day to spare! Awesome!!!

IMO, not all that awesome. Friends is not broadcast in HD or widescreen. At least you can watch them on The Tonight Show in HD, if you stay up that late.

POST #43 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

HofstraJet is offline Old Post 05-05-2004 12:47 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for HofstraJet Visit HofstraJet's homepage! Find more posts by HofstraJet Add HofstraJet to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
HofstraJet
Member in Hiding

Stay up late? Uh, isn't that why we have TiVo?

1 Hughes GXCEB0TD DirecTiVo receiver @ 106 hours
2 Philips DSR6000 DirecTiVo receivers (Both at 106 hours each)
3 Philips DSR704 DirecTiVo receivers (stock)
1 RCA DVR40 DirecTiVo receiver (stock)
1 Zenith HD-SAT520 HD Receiver

POST #44 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Beantownbeanie is offline Old Post 05-05-2004 12:49 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Beantownbeanie Find more posts by Beantownbeanie Add Beantownbeanie to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Beantownbeanie
Gotta love that TIVO

quote:
Originally posted by sobe_knights
Are you crazy? You are cancelling an order that says sent for fullfilment? That means it shipped! I tell you what... accept it and I will buy it for you for my sister.

I'm not crazy. Really.
Just frustrated.

I just saw that someone else said Nick's email is bouncing so perhaps mine will bounce too!

Ken

POST #45 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Paperboy2003 is offline Old Post 05-05-2004 12:59 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Paperboy2003 Find more posts by Paperboy2003 Add Paperboy2003 to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Paperboy2003
Wasting time here

quote:
Originally posted by cwafer
Ordered around 2, 2:30 CST on Fri Apr 30, order # 6930x. Got a call from an installer today asking me to call him when the box came in. Told him I didn't need an install, and he gave me the tracking #. Order status on RS is "Order Shipped."

According to FedEx, I'll get the box tomorrow. I'll let you guys know when I actually hold it in my hands.

-Chris

Hmmm....I ordered before you and have an lower order number, but I haven't had any change in status, gotten a call, or e-mail.

Kinda interesting....

Doug

POST #46 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Chew is offline Old Post 05-05-2004 01:09 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Chew Find more posts by Chew Add Chew to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Chew

quote:
Originally posted by Paperboy2003
Hmmm....I ordered before you and have an lower order number, but I haven't had any change in status, gotten a call, or e-mail.

Kinda interesting....

Doug

I have a 692xx order number and am in the same boat. Emailed Nick earlier today to find out my order is being shipped Thursday. I don't think anybody can figure out the order they're shipping these things in.

I'm not complaining, I'm happy to have it shipped this week!

POST #47 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

camcollect is offline Old Post 05-05-2004 01:17 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for camcollect Find more posts by camcollect Add camcollect to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
camcollect
LSU Tigers

Dont know if this helps, but I received this emailer earlier. Sounds like poor Nick is being overwhelmed by emails:

Dear Customer,

I appreciate your enthusiasm for this great new product. As much as I would like to be able to provide each of you with a very personal level of service, I am simply unable to do so. As CEO of this company, I have a very demanding job outside of the "Customer Service" scope.

I stepped in and got involved when I saw there was a communication breakdown between the different departments in my company and I quickly threw resources at the situation to remedy the problem. The problem is now fixed and orders are shipping as promised. We are also updating everyone via the our website at www.rapidsatellite.com/tivo_land.aspx.

I look forward to providing you and your family many years of entertainment with the purchase of your new receiver.

Regards,

Nick Molina
CEO

HD TiVo~ HR10-250
Replay 5000 (160GB) + Sony HD300

POST #48 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

HofstraJet is offline Old Post 05-05-2004 01:23 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for HofstraJet Visit HofstraJet's homepage! Find more posts by HofstraJet Add HofstraJet to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
HofstraJet
Member in Hiding

I got the same email as camcollect and then a second with this:

You are close to the top... I cannot take the time to research every single order based on posts made on forums. Please be patient.

Nick

Order placed 3:22 EDT Friday, 4/30. Order # 692xx

1 Hughes GXCEB0TD DirecTiVo receiver @ 106 hours
2 Philips DSR6000 DirecTiVo receivers (Both at 106 hours each)
3 Philips DSR704 DirecTiVo receivers (stock)
1 RCA DVR40 DirecTiVo receiver (stock)
1 Zenith HD-SAT520 HD Receiver

POST #49 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

dknightx is offline Old Post 05-05-2004 01:47 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for dknightx Find more posts by dknightx Add dknightx to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dknightx

Man, this just stinks. My order number is in the 691xx range and people in the 693xx range are already having theirs shipped?

WTF?

-Dave

p.s. Yes, I did pay for Expedited Shipping.

POST #50 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Ohhbother is offline Old Post 05-05-2004 02:08 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Ohhbother Find more posts by Ohhbother Add Ohhbother to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ohhbother

quote:
Originally posted by Starrbuck
IMO, not all that awesome. Friends is not broadcast in HD or widescreen. At least you can watch them on The Tonight Show in HD, if you stay up that late.

Trust me -- if you lived where I live and had the cable I have -- you would know it's going to be awesome to be able to record a program coming through OTA on a digital channel. Even not in HD, the picture quality far surpasses that offered by my crappy cable company.

Amy

POST #51 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

flapbreaker is offline Old Post 05-05-2004 02:18 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for flapbreaker Find more posts by flapbreaker Add flapbreaker to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
flapbreaker

I think the most frustrating thing about RS is they point blank say they have them in stock so knowing that the only thing between us and our HDTivo is their ability to ship is madening. I just need to relax but my only hope right now is for RS to come through.

Nick claimed to me that they ship 400 D*tv receivers a day and the HDTivo business an additional burden that their normal people can't handle. He claimed that he put together a special "team" of people to ship the tivo. WTF is this "team" doing? Only a handfull of people have received confirmation of shipment.

POST #52 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

tarix is offline Old Post 05-05-2004 02:38 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for tarix Visit tarix's homepage! Find more posts by tarix Add tarix to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
tarix

quote:
Originally posted by flapbreaker
I think the most frustrating thing about RS is they point blank say they have them in stock [...]

WTF is this "team" doing? Only a handfull of people have received confirmation of shipment.

There is no "stock" and there is no "team". RapidSatellite is one guy that has a call center and fullfilment center in place to handle his buisness. I'm not trying to say this is bad, but it is reality.

As soon as Perfect 10 has units that are designated being for "Rapid Satellite" they ship them out to the next customer. However, there isn't a huge truck of these things arriving at his doorstep and he doesn't personally have any employees that are labeling these and getting them to FedEx.

If you are going to do buisness with a store like this, then you're going to have to have a little patience because the right hand does not instantly know what the left is doing.

DirecTV HR10-250: 225SD / 30HD
Philips DSR6000: 225hrs
Mitsubishi WS-55805: Fixed

POST #53 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

sobe_knights is offline Old Post 05-05-2004 02:56 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for sobe_knights Find more posts by sobe_knights Add sobe_knights to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
sobe_knights

quote:
Originally posted by tarix
There is no "stock" and there is no "team". RapidSatellite is one guy that has a call center and fullfilment center in place to handle his buisness. I'm not trying to say this is bad, but it is reality.

I don't agree... I have spoken to a Creidt Verifier that realeased my order -- he called me from a 305 area code - I called him back to switch my card for payment and spoke to a receptionist at a 305 # before being transferred to him. His name was Jose. Not that it really matters whether they have 1 or 20 or 100 employees. They delivered my HD DVR. BTW.. they are a Top 10 Elite Dealer -- so I really doubt that they are that small.

POST #54 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

flapbreaker is offline Old Post 05-05-2004 03:00 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for flapbreaker Find more posts by flapbreaker Add flapbreaker to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
flapbreaker

quote:
Originally posted by tarix

As soon as Perfect 10 has units that are designated being for "Rapid Satellite" they ship them out to the next customer. However, there isn't a huge truck of these things arriving at his doorstep and he doesn't personally have any employees that are labeling these and getting them to FedEx.

If you are going to do buisness with a store like this, then you're going to have to have a little patience because the right hand does not instantly know what the left is doing.

I don't disagree with you but then Nick is not being 100% truethful in his email to me. Here is what he told me.

Here is what you can post.

Please refer to our TiVo landing page at
www.rapidsatellite.com/tivo_land.aspx

We will update everyone there. We are working hard to ship all units
ordered and they are shipping a little differently as we have assembled a
team of folks to fulfill these special orders. Our regular team cannot be
asked to do this as we still need to ship our 400 daily NON - HD DVR orders.
This sudden demand is above and beyond what we normally process so it
requires special attention. While we value the attention of the forums, our
loyalty is not to a forum but to our customers. That being said, it is not
our priority or desire to try and "justify" or "prove" ourselves to forum
members. Those that have crossed over and become RapidSatellite.com
customers will soon enough see that we are for real. Many of you will
receive your units in the next few days and many will get tracking numbers
later today. If you wish to share that with forum members, it's your
prerogative. Those of you that do not feel confident in our ability to
deliver, should cancel your orders... It will allow others to move up who do
feel confident in Rapid.

We have been upfront and honest in all our dealings. We got a little
blind-sided and our internal communication took a shot. However we worked
late into the weekend to recover and I must say we recovered rather nicely
and quickly. I would go as far as saying that we have the most upfront
order taking program now out there regarding this very hot product. Whether
you are willing to wait 1-4 (or more) weeks for your order (given that we
are now into waitlist) or not, we will continue to sell these units in
record numbers. We are the #1 online source for DIRECTV DVR (confirmed via
DIRECTV) and an Elite Top 10 Dealer. We are here for the long haul and are
here to service our customers. I hope this FINAL COMMUNICATION from me
regarding this issue can give you the comfort you need.

Regards,

Nick Molina
CEO
RapidSatellite.com

POST #55 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

kirkus is offline Old Post 05-05-2004 03:22 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for kirkus Find more posts by kirkus Add kirkus to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
kirkus

So does anyone know how deep the wait list is? I ordered yesterday and I'm hoping I'm in the next round, but I have no idea if there are 300 or 3000 of us on the list. I suspect the order numbers, if they indicate anything at all, indicate orders for ALL products moving through RS, so the difference in order numbers for the number 100 guy on the list and number 101 could be 1, 10, 100 or 1000 in order numbers. Just a guess.

POST #56 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

slangley is offline Old Post 05-05-2004 03:25 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for slangley Find more posts by slangley Add slangley to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
slangley

I ordered on Friday afternoon around 2pm...and I still have not received anything.

I have been told I should ship on Thursday...so we shall see!!

POST #57 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

bigtvbird is offline Old Post 05-05-2004 03:43 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for bigtvbird Find more posts by bigtvbird Add bigtvbird to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
bigtvbird

quote:
Originally posted by dknightx
Man, this just stinks. My order number is in the 691xx range and people in the 693xx range are already having theirs shipped?

WTF?

-Dave

p.s. Yes, I did pay for Expedited Shipping.

Same boat here (6922x)! Double WTF!

I'll be a new subscriber to D* but not to Tivo. Also ordered antenna (18/20).

Pole is set, Cable is run, I just need the ant & box!

POST #58 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

DoritoOfDeath is offline Old Post 05-05-2004 05:22 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for DoritoOfDeath Find more posts by DoritoOfDeath Add DoritoOfDeath to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
DoritoOfDeath

My order has been sent to the warehouse for shipment!

POST #59 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

DoritoOfDeath is offline Old Post 05-05-2004 05:26 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for DoritoOfDeath Find more posts by DoritoOfDeath Add DoritoOfDeath to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
DoritoOfDeath

On the webpage my status has been altered to "Order sent to fulfillment

POST #60 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged