TiVo Community Forum Archive 1
READ ONLY ARCHIVES

Welcome to the TiVo Community Forum Archive
This archive covers threads on TiVo Community Forum that have not been posted to from the start until June 30, 2004.  Any thread that has a post made to it between 7/1/04 and 12/31/05, that had not been posted to, will be found in Archive 2.
This is a READ ONLY site.

Search | ARCHIVE 2 | MAIN SITE

TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.8 TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 > Main TiVo Forums > HDTV TiVo Powered PVRs
>>> Rapid Satellite Delivers HD Units <<<

Pages (8): « First ... « Prev 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 Next »  
Forum Jump:
Search this Thread:
Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread ---> Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
NJChris is offline Old Post 05-05-2004 11:22 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for NJChris Find more posts by NJChris Add NJChris to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
NJChris
Moogs!

If they were going in order of order#, I wouldn't be annoyed, but jeez... I'm still pending...

Oh well.. I was going to respect Nick's request to not bug him... Time to email...

"....we are all bound to each other by our common humanity despite our many personal differences; that it is our failure to understand and respect those differences that causes most of life's pain and suffering" -Agnes Nixon

POST #101 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

DoritoOfDeath is offline Old Post 05-05-2004 11:25 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for DoritoOfDeath Find more posts by DoritoOfDeath Add DoritoOfDeath to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
DoritoOfDeath

When did your order go to fulfillment? Man I hope mine wasn't an attempted delivery today and I wasn't there.

POST #102 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

daperlman is offline Old Post 05-05-2004 11:25 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for daperlman Visit daperlman's homepage! Find more posts by daperlman Add daperlman to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
daperlman
sci-fi wasabi

quote:
Originally posted by NJChris
If they were going in order of order#, I wouldn't be annoyed, but jeez... I'm still pending...

Oh well.. I was going to respect Nick's request to not bug him... Time to email...

Keep in mind they apparrently use drop shipping... so ground delivery from (In my case Andersenville, TN to GA.) can literally take 2 hours whereas (from CA. to Atlanta might take 10 days)

POST #103 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

dknightx is offline Old Post 05-05-2004 11:31 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for dknightx Find more posts by dknightx Add dknightx to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dknightx

Well, I've got good news and bad news.

The good news is that I got an email from Nick at around 6pm last night saying that they were just going to barely get to my order and that it would ship out immediately. He offered me the option of upgrading to FedEx Priority Overnight for $100 extra, and I went for it.

The bad news is that FedEx didn't deliver the package today as they were supposed to! It is stuck in Memphis for no known reason and they say I won't get it until Thursday. Got a bunch of apologies from them and they agreed to refund the overnight shipping charges to Perfect 10, and Nick said he will refund my $100.

So, no HD Tivo for me tonight, but should definitely be here tomorrow...

Oh yeah, next time I need a package to be priority overnighted I'll be picking somebody OTHER than FedEx! One of my neighbors works for FedEx and I'll definitely be giving him some grief over this!

-Dave

p.s. I ordered my unit on 4/30 at 1:54pm EDT and my order number was 691xx. I canceled my other VE, SS, BB, and NS preorders already.

POST #104 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

NJChris is offline Old Post 05-05-2004 11:39 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for NJChris Find more posts by NJChris Add NJChris to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
NJChris
Moogs!

quote:
Originally posted by daperlman
Keep in mind they apparrently use drop shipping... so ground delivery from (In my case Andersenville, TN to GA.) can literally take 2 hours whereas (from CA. to Atlanta might take 10 days)

What's drop shipment mean? My order still shows Pending Shipment. My card has only an authorization for the $, no real charge.

If they knew what warehouse it was going to come from, wouldnt the status change?

POST #105 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

HofstraJet is offline Old Post 05-05-2004 11:40 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for HofstraJet Visit HofstraJet's homepage! Find more posts by HofstraJet Add HofstraJet to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
HofstraJet
Member in Hiding

Daperlman - what time did you order? I still find it irksome that my order hasn't been sent to fulfillment - I ordered 3:22 PM EDT 4/30 with expedited shipping and I am still pending shipment!

1 Hughes GXCEB0TD DirecTiVo receiver @ 106 hours
2 Philips DSR6000 DirecTiVo receivers (Both at 106 hours each)
3 Philips DSR704 DirecTiVo receivers (stock)
1 RCA DVR40 DirecTiVo receiver (stock)
1 Zenith HD-SAT520 HD Receiver

POST #106 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Chew is offline Old Post 05-05-2004 11:47 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Chew Find more posts by Chew Add Chew to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Chew

quote:
What's drop shipment mean? My order still shows Pending Shipment. My card has only an authorization for the $, no real charge.

I'm still in the same boat as you: pending shipment, no charge only authorization.

POST #107 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

daperlman is offline Old Post 05-05-2004 11:48 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for daperlman Visit daperlman's homepage! Find more posts by daperlman Add daperlman to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
daperlman
sci-fi wasabi

quote:

If they knew what warehouse it was going to come from, wouldn't the status change?

I believe it is when the retailer doesn't ship from their business but it is sent straight from manufacture or another warehouse. I am guessing it is very possible our equipment may be shipping from different places.

HofstraJet: I honestly didn't remember, but my order conf. came after 1p on Friday. Then yesterday I got the "Your Rapid Satellite order has been sent to our warehouse" email. I am truly astounded to have it already... it is not even reasonable to expect it that soon with standard shipping.

Also they used UPS... who have a crap load of their fleet in Atlanta (home of big brown) maybe that helped.

POST #108 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

taichinanda is offline Old Post 05-05-2004 11:52 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for taichinanda Find more posts by taichinanda Add taichinanda to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
taichinanda

I ordered at 1pm EDT 4/30 and have not received any confirmation emails or phone calls from RS. But the status of my order is now 'Shipped', tracking number not available.
Hopefully with expedited shipping they can deliver it to Jacksonville, FL by Friday.

POST #109 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

buckeye1010 is offline Old Post 05-06-2004 12:00 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for buckeye1010 Find more posts by buckeye1010 Add buckeye1010 to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
buckeye1010
Very Special Member

Mine has arrived!!

Monitor: 65" Mitsubishi 65611 - ISF'd | Receiver: Yamaha 5590 | Speakers: Polk RM7300 | DVD: Panasonic CP-72 | Sony SAT-T60 (280GB & Cachecard) | "Hughes" HR10-250 (550GB) | VHS: JVC SVHS | Plus a bunch of old stuff dating back to 1918

POST #110 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

daperlman is offline Old Post 05-06-2004 12:01 AM
daperlman
sci-fi wasabi

quote:
Originally posted by taichinanda
I ordered at 1pm EDT 4/30 and have not received any confirmation emails or phone calls from RS. But the status of my order is now 'Shipped', tracking number not available.
Hopefully with expedited shipping they can deliver it to Jacksonville, FL by Friday.

If they didn't even send you a conf. when you bought something is wrong:
with your em address you gave
the communication b/t his server and yours (yours may block theirs)

POST #111 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

NJChris is offline Old Post 05-06-2004 12:07 AM
NJChris
Moogs!

quote:
Originally posted by daperlman
If they didn't even send you a conf. when you bought something is wrong:
with your em address you gave
the communication b/t his server and yours (yours may block theirs)

I'm in that same boat. But I got Nick's email in my junk mail folder (which I check multiple times a day to see if I got anything more).

I feel like I've become one of the insane obsessive complusive people I made fun of in another thread about pre-ordering.

POST #112 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Paperboy2003 is offline Old Post 05-06-2004 12:14 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Paperboy2003 Find more posts by Paperboy2003 Add Paperboy2003 to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Paperboy2003
Wasting time here

What a shock....I am still 'pending shipment'!!!

Arghhh

(order confirmed @ 3pm on Friday)

POST #113 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Paperboy2003 is offline Old Post 05-06-2004 12:22 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Paperboy2003 Find more posts by Paperboy2003 Add Paperboy2003 to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Paperboy2003
Wasting time here

[QUOTE]Originally posted by dknightx

"The good news is that I got an email from Nick at around 6pm last night saying that they were just going to barely get to my order..."

What exactly does that mean. That they only have limited units left and he's getting one of the last, or that they are almost done shipping for the evening and his is going out.

Any clarity would be appreciated!!

Doug

POST #114 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

dknightx is offline Old Post 05-06-2004 12:38 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for dknightx Find more posts by dknightx Add dknightx to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dknightx

quote:
Originally posted by Paperboy2003

"The good news is that I got an email from Nick at around 6pm last night saying that they were just going to barely get to my order..."

What exactly does that mean. That they only have limited units left and he's getting one of the last, or that they are almost done shipping for the evening and his is going out.

Any clarity would be appreciated!!

Doug [/B]

I get the feeling that they are not limited by availability of units, but are limited by their ability to get them shipped. It seems as if they can only ship a relatively small number each day (at least compared to the number that VE was able to turn around in the same day). I have no proof of this, but that is what it seems like. They have definitely shipped units on both Monday and Tuesday of this week; no idea if any have shipped today.

-Dave

POST #115 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

hawkeye1101 is offline Old Post 05-06-2004 12:43 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for hawkeye1101 Find more posts by hawkeye1101 Add hawkeye1101 to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
hawkeye1101

quote:

I'd like to hear what Nick has to say, if he responds. I'm in the same boat as you I think. I wonder why mine hasn't shipped when I paid the extra charge.

POST #116 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Paperboy2003 is offline Old Post 05-06-2004 01:11 AM
Paperboy2003
Wasting time here

quote:

Chris, did you e-mail? Did you get a response? Are we all screwed? Please! Inquiring minds want to know!!

POST #117 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

jeffshome is offline Old Post 05-06-2004 01:22 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for jeffshome Visit jeffshome's homepage! Find more posts by jeffshome Add jeffshome to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jeffshome

I'm beginning to think tomorrow's promise by BB is looking better and better. RS is not instilling confidence in me. Too bad I didn't jump on CC's preorder today -- I didn't think I needed to.

POST #118 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Paperboy2003 is offline Old Post 05-06-2004 01:27 AM
Paperboy2003
Wasting time here

quote:
Originally posted by jeffshome
I'm beginning to think tomorrow's promise by BB is looking better and better. RS is not instilling confidence in me. Too bad I didn't jump on CC's preorder today -- I didn't think I needed to.

same with me...I was on the phone with them and decided I would try and trust what Nick said. I don't think CC is getting anymore out soon anyway

POST #119 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

DoritoOfDeath is offline Old Post 05-06-2004 01:56 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for DoritoOfDeath Find more posts by DoritoOfDeath Add DoritoOfDeath to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
DoritoOfDeath

When did you place your order again paperboy? The website states:

Stock Update (5/4/04 - 6:10PM EST) Orders for the HDTV DIRECTV TiVo placed after 5/1/04 at 10:40 AM EST will be placed on our waitlist.

POST #120 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged