TiVo Community Forum Archive 1
READ ONLY ARCHIVES

Welcome to the TiVo Community Forum Archive
This archive covers threads on TiVo Community Forum that have not been posted to from the start until June 30, 2004.  Any thread that has a post made to it between 7/1/04 and 12/31/05, that had not been posted to, will be found in Archive 2.
This is a READ ONLY site.

Search | ARCHIVE 2 | MAIN SITE

TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.8 TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Suggestion Avenue
>>> 1 minute late <<<

Forum Jump:
Search this Thread:
Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread ---> Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
thumbtackjungle is offline Old Post 05-07-2004 09:16 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for thumbtackjungle Find more posts by thumbtackjungle Add thumbtackjungle to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
thumbtackjungle

1 minute late

I was just thinking now that certain networks are starting to schedule shows at odd times like 8:59 to mess with us TiVo'ers. It would be nice to be able to tell tivo to start one minute late so that you can still get a show that is scheduled from 8-9.

POST #1 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

twoglongo is offline Old Post 05-07-2004 08:57 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for twoglongo Find more posts by twoglongo Add twoglongo to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
twoglongo

Cool You can....

You can pad the show in front and back on the set recording options. I do it all the time during football season so I can watch Marty "take the wind" in overtime.

Go Lions!

POST #2 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Jonathan_S is offline Old Post 05-07-2004 09:49 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Jonathan_S Find more posts by Jonathan_S Add Jonathan_S to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jonathan_S
TiVo Forum Special Member

quote:
You can....
You can pad the show in front and back on the set recording options
Um, that isn't what the OP asked for. You can add time to a recording from the recording options. Make an show that starts at 9pm begin recording at 8:59pm.

The OP asked for a method to remove time from a recording. Make a show that starts at 8:59pm start at 9pm.

This has been a often requesting improvement. You could try searching for 'negative padding' for more threads about it.

POST #3 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

jeffandrobyn is offline Old Post 05-09-2004 01:58 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for jeffandrobyn Find more posts by jeffandrobyn Add jeffandrobyn to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jeffandrobyn

I think they meant that if a show starts at 8:59, like ER, TiVo starts it at 9:00, so you miss the first minute.

You can go in and tell it to record at 8:59 to 9:59 manually.

"Pick Programs To Record"

"Record By Time or Channel"

"Manually Record Time/Channel"

Actually, I just tried this, and you can only start early at 5 minute increments. You used to be able to specify an exact minute. If I can find that option, I will write back. So, you will probably need to record a one hour program that starts on "59" from 8:55 to 9:00.

RW - Indiana

POST #4 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged