TiVo Community Forum Archive 1
READ ONLY ARCHIVES

Welcome to the TiVo Community Forum Archive
This archive covers threads on TiVo Community Forum that have not been posted to from the start until June 30, 2004.  Any thread that has a post made to it between 7/1/04 and 12/31/05, that had not been posted to, will be found in Archive 2.
This is a READ ONLY site.

Search | ARCHIVE 2 | MAIN SITE

TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.8 TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 > Main TiVo Forums > HDTV TiVo Powered PVRs
>>> Value Electronics refund <<<
What is the status of your VE refund?
This poll is closed.
I have requested a refund and received a refund ($$, not store credit) 22 15.38%
I have requested a refund, but have not received it yet 66 46.15%
I have not requested a refund yet, but plan to shortly 40 27.97%
I cancelled my VE order for the HR10-250, but used the store credit on something else 15 10.49%
Total: 143 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Pages (7): « First ... « Prev 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 Next »  
Forum Jump:
Search this Thread:
Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread ---> Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Fluffybear is offline Old Post 05-13-2004 10:13 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Fluffybear Find more posts by Fluffybear Add Fluffybear to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Fluffybear

Ditto here! Credits posted tothe count show up within minutes and as of 11:00am (CDT), nothing has posted the account..
Since I have a dispute in with Discover, I have a received a temporary credit but Discover agreed to squash that and not penalize VE if we could resolve the dispute on our own. Guess VE would rather pay a chargeback fee!

Philips PTV100 (Unmodified)
DirecTV HR10-250 (70 Hours HD)
Philips DSR6000 (106 Hours)
Sony SAT-T60 (146 Hours)
Hughes HDVR2 (unmodified)

POST #81 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Cajonkev is offline Old Post 05-13-2004 10:37 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Cajonkev Find more posts by Cajonkev Add Cajonkev to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Cajonkev
PIBCAK

I know of all the turmoil on this and am not jumping into that so am just posting my own info for no good reason:

5/7 - Faxed cancellation request and copy of order to VE
5/7 - Sent a brief e-mail to VE advising of the fax
5/12 - Called VE and rep pulled up order number. It showed cancelled and they had processed my refund that morning.
5/13 - Credit posted to my account in full with a date of 5/12.

All done.

POST #82 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

subspace100 is offline Old Post 05-14-2004 05:56 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for subspace100 Find more posts by subspace100 Add subspace100 to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
subspace100

Got my refund today.

My credit card finally shows the $100 refund. Took about 3 E-mails, but VE has kept its end of the deal. I'm satisfied.

POST #83 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

dswallow is offline Old Post 05-14-2004 06:41 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for dswallow Visit dswallow's homepage! Find more posts by dswallow Add dswallow to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dswallow
+258PC

Re: Got my refund today.

quote:
Originally posted by subspace100
My credit card finally shows the $100 refund. Took about 3 E-mails, but VE has kept its end of the deal. I'm satisfied.

The other day when I was looking through some credit card bills to find credits, I noticed none of the credits show a transaction date, only a post date, but all my charges show both a transaction date and a post date.

TiVo Community Forum Member Posting Statistics (updated daily)
List your local digital television broadcast stations by direction/distance
AVSForum Local HDTV Info & Reception index by DMA/City

POST #84 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

subspace100 is offline Old Post 05-14-2004 07:51 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for subspace100 Find more posts by subspace100 Add subspace100 to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
subspace100

Re: Re: Got my refund today.

quote:
Originally posted by dswallow
The other day when I was looking through some credit card bills to find credits, I noticed none of the credits show a transaction date, only a post date, but all my charges show both a transaction date and a post date.

My $100 credit has a transaction date of 5/11/04 and a post date of 5/13/04 listed.

POST #85 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Fluffybear is offline Old Post 05-14-2004 06:55 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Fluffybear Find more posts by Fluffybear Add Fluffybear to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Fluffybear

My $100 credit posted to my account on 5/13 with a transaction date of 5/11.

I since have closed my CC dispute and consider the matter resolved. I will add that from my first fax to him, it took 7 days before Value Electroncis did anything with it.

Sony SAT-T60 (146 Hours)

POST #86 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Fluffybear is offline Old Post 05-14-2004 06:58 PM
Fluffybear

Maybe one of the moderators or someone can add a line to our poll which says, "Previously answered B or C and since then have received my refund"

Sony SAT-T60 (146 Hours)

POST #87 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

buckeye1010 is offline Old Post 05-14-2004 07:55 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for buckeye1010 Find more posts by buckeye1010 Add buckeye1010 to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
buckeye1010
Very Special Member

Got my refund. Thanks Robert! Maybe next time

Monitor: 65" Mitsubishi 65611 - ISF'd | Receiver: Yamaha 5590 | Speakers: Polk RM7300 | DVD: Panasonic CP-72 | Sony SAT-T60 (280GB & Cachecard) | "Hughes" HR10-250 (550GB) | VHS: JVC SVHS | Plus a bunch of old stuff dating back to 1918

POST #88 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

tarmack is offline Old Post 05-14-2004 08:05 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for tarmack Find more posts by tarmack Add tarmack to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
tarmack

quote:
Originally posted by Fluffybear
Maybe one of the moderators or someone can add a line to our poll which says, "Previously answered B or C and since then have received my refund"

That's a good idea.

Unfortunately, I won't need that new line....yet.

No refund posted to my credit card yet...and this is my 9th day of requesting it.

I just called my credit card company to verify that....I wanted to be sure that their web site was up todate with such information...and it is.

POST #89 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

bc1969 is offline Old Post 05-14-2004 08:17 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for bc1969 Find more posts by bc1969 Add bc1969 to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
bc1969

I seems that the credit hit my account today 5/14/04.

POST #90 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

JEbbesen is offline Old Post 05-14-2004 08:22 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for JEbbesen Find more posts by JEbbesen Add JEbbesen to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JEbbesen
Advanced Member

quote:
Originally posted by dswallow
It doesn't get "resolved." The merchant simply gets screwed.

Doug,

The merchant gets screwed more often than not in these cases. Fortunately, I was not hit very often for chargbacks, because despite all the documentation I had, I would lose every time. Maybe the type of business I was in was less reputable than others, who knows. Even more frustrating is the fact that there really is no one you can go to for help trying to collect when you get stiffed, it comes right out of your back pocket.

Are you allowed to share your online store address?

I argue very well. Ask any of my remaining friends. I can win an argument on any topic, against any opponent. People know this, and steer clear of me at parties. Often, as a sign of their great respect, they don't even invite me. -- Dave Barry

POST #91 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

tach32000 is offline Old Post 05-14-2004 08:25 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for tach32000 Find more posts by tach32000 Add tach32000 to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
tach32000

Was entered on 5/11

and did show up on 5/13

If someone can move me to the asked and receive refund in the poll please do so.

POST #92 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

aspons is offline Old Post 05-14-2004 08:50 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for aspons Find more posts by aspons Add aspons to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
aspons

Credit received.

Transaction Date: 5/11
Post Date: 5/13

POST #93 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

GreyGhost00 is offline Old Post 05-14-2004 09:38 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for GreyGhost00 Find more posts by GreyGhost00 Add GreyGhost00 to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
GreyGhost00

Credit received as well - trans date and post date of 5-11, although it didn't show up until today. This closes the book on my VE experience.

I do think this thread helped move things along (finally).

POST #94 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

tarmack is offline Old Post 05-14-2004 09:41 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for tarmack Find more posts by tarmack Add tarmack to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
tarmack

At 11:00 a.m this morning I got a PM Email from Robert at Value Electronics.

He requested my order number so that he could post my credit...if he had not already done so.

I was supposed to either CALL him...phone was busy.....or PM him...his mailbox is full.

This is really an example of futility since I have Emailed him my order number NUMEROUS times....and since it IS listed on the "list" that we all watched for so damn many months.

This will make the SIXTH attempt at getting info to V.E....and they only reply with a request for MORE info......so that I can again PROVE I want my money back.

Unbelievable....but that is the way it is....said Walter Cronkite so many years ago.

POST #95 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

DTV TiVo Dealer is offline Old Post 05-14-2004 10:05 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for DTV TiVo Dealer Visit DTV TiVo Dealer's homepage! Find more posts by DTV TiVo Dealer Add DTV TiVo Dealer to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
DTV TiVo Dealer
Snr. Member/Retailer

quote:
Originally posted by tarmack
At 11:00 a.m this morning I got a PM Email from Robert at Value Electronics.

He requested my order number so that he could post my credit...if he had not already done so.

I was supposed to either CALL him...phone was busy.....or PM him...his mailbox is full.

This is really an example of futility since I have Emailed him my order number NUMEROUS times....and since it IS listed on the "list" that we all watched for so damn many months.

This will make the SIXTH attempt at getting info to V.E....and they only reply with a request for MORE info......so that I can again PROVE I want my money back.

Unbelievable....but that is the way it is....said Walter Cronkite so many years ago.

True. I'm a busy guy. I do respond and clear my PM box very quickly, but it fills up just as quickly. If our phones are busy. it's just for a moment, so just hit redial to get through to us.

My PM to you and others is to help ensure we delivery prompt service please help me serve you to the high standards we have set.

BTW, if you have already made 5 other requests for a deposit refund I can assure you, without even checking, that your refund has been issued by us. I have noticed that some banks take up to 5 or even more days to post credits to your credit card. We do not hold credits.

POST #96 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

rad is offline Old Post 05-14-2004 10:18 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for rad Find more posts by rad Add rad to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
rad

quote:
Originally posted by DTV TiVo Dealer
True. I'm a busy guy....

I can understand that. How long should it take VE to process a refund request? I don't want to bug you to find out if you got it, when will you process it, etc so if you say how many days from the time we call/FAX/e-mail our request to you will it take you or your staff to send the refund request to the bank?

POST #97 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

DTV TiVo Dealer is offline Old Post 05-14-2004 10:28 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for DTV TiVo Dealer Visit DTV TiVo Dealer's homepage! Find more posts by DTV TiVo Dealer Add DTV TiVo Dealer to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
DTV TiVo Dealer
Snr. Member/Retailer

quote:
Originally posted by rad
I can understand that. How long should it take VE to process a refund request? I don't want to bug you to find out if you got it, when will you process it, etc so if you say how many days from the time we call/FAX/e-mail our request to you will it take you or your staff to send the refund request to the bank?

We process all refunds the same day we get them, assuming they have complete information.

Anyone who does not see the refund post on your account within 1 week should contact us.

POST #98 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

tarmack is offline Old Post 05-14-2004 11:04 PM
tarmack

Don't know what I did....but it finally happened here.

Credit of $100 posted to my account just minutes ago.

Case closed.

Never to be opened again. Grin.

Tarmack

POST #99 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

oosik77 is offline Old Post 05-14-2004 11:09 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for oosik77 Visit oosik77's homepage! Find more posts by oosik77 Add oosik77 to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
oosik77
TiVo Maniac

quote:
Originally posted by DTV TiVo Dealer
We process all refunds the same day we get them, assuming they have complete information.

Anyone who does not see the refund post on your account within 1 week should contact us.

I have not seen mine. I have PM'ed you 3 times, emailed you twice and called twice and left my number. I have had ZERO reply. My last attempt was a PM yesterday and your box was full so I emailed you. Please advise as to my refund status. This is getting very frustrating to have to continue to follow up like this. I sent 1 email to Best Buy to cancel with them and the order was canceled within an hour with a confirmation and no problems from them.

POST #100 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged