TiVo Community Forum Archive 1
READ ONLY ARCHIVES

Welcome to the TiVo Community Forum Archive
This archive covers threads on TiVo Community Forum that have not been posted to from the start until June 30, 2004.  Any thread that has a post made to it between 7/1/04 and 12/31/05, that had not been posted to, will be found in Archive 2.
This is a READ ONLY site.

Search | ARCHIVE 2 | MAIN SITE

TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.8 TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 > Main TiVo Forums > HDTV TiVo Powered PVRs
>>> Value Electronics refund <<<
What is the status of your VE refund?
This poll is closed.
I have requested a refund and received a refund ($$, not store credit) 22 15.38%
I have requested a refund, but have not received it yet 66 46.15%
I have not requested a refund yet, but plan to shortly 40 27.97%
I cancelled my VE order for the HR10-250, but used the store credit on something else 15 10.49%
Total: 143 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Pages (7): « First ... « Prev 3 4 5 [6] 7 Next »  
Forum Jump:
Search this Thread:
Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread ---> Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
CountXavier is offline Old Post 05-14-2004 11:17 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for CountXavier Find more posts by CountXavier Add CountXavier to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
CountXavier

This process was extremely easy. I just faxed a copy of my Shipping receipt which had my serial number on it and sent a follow up email the same day (Monday). My credit was received on Tuesday and posted to my account today (Friday). Nice process and refunded in an extremely timely manner. I will definitely consider business practices with VE in the future. Unfortunately, I was late on this one.

POST #101 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

rtaylor123 is offline Old Post 05-15-2004 12:13 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for rtaylor123 Find more posts by rtaylor123 Add rtaylor123 to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
rtaylor123

I received an email response from Value Electronics a short time after FAXing and emailing the cancellation request.

Very professional. I wouldn't hesitate from ordering from them again. It is a difficult situation they are in with such a long waiting list and slow product availability. I think they are doing their best, and hopefully it is still working out for them in a positive way.

The level of "inside" information on product introduction status from VE was unprecedented and although it was perhaps the cause of some frustration as DirecTVs rollout hit some road bumps, the reality is that VE was the sole source of useful information and they really did ship the first available units to the lucky few. In this group of "early adopters" and "gadget geeks" the kind of early status information that VE provided is life blood.

POST #102 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

reger is offline Old Post 05-15-2004 01:50 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for reger Find more posts by reger Add reger to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
reger

Called VE this morning to cancel my order. Spoke to a guy (didn't give his name) and he said he'd email me the procedure. Never got an email. Called back about 2 1/2 hours later and spoke with Sherry. She was very polite and helpful and emailed me the instructions immediately. Said that my refund should be processed today if I faxed her back the receipt this afternoon. I faxed back a copy of my receipt from Soundtrack a few minutes later.

Hopefully I'll see the refund in the next few days or so.

Rob.

DirecTV HR10-250 (HD)
RCA DVR40 (SD)
Sony SAT-T60 (SD, currently dead)
Microsoft Xbox

POST #103 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

CyberTom is offline Old Post 05-16-2004 09:39 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for CyberTom Find more posts by CyberTom Add CyberTom to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
CyberTom
TB Lightning Fan

Faxed CC Packing slip on 5/11/04. Followed up with call to VE on 5/14/04, Wendy said fax received and refund was processed. Refund hit my account today 5/15/04.

DirecTV TiVo HR10-250
Harmony H688 Remote

POST #104 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

rich21 is offline Old Post 05-18-2004 08:38 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for rich21 Find more posts by rich21 Add rich21 to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
rich21

Emailed my CC order + unit serial number on 5/12/04. The refund hit my account today 5/17/04.

VE gets high marks from me...

POST #105 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Tulsa1 is offline Old Post 05-18-2004 08:09 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Tulsa1 Find more posts by Tulsa1 Add Tulsa1 to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Tulsa1
Revived Member

I emailed Robert 5/10 about cancelation and Robert asked for the
proof of purchase and SN which I emailed back to him on 5/11 for the
refund. I had not heard or received anything 5/17, emailed Robert
asking for status of refund. Still no refund or status on 5/18.
Would be nice to get my $100 back.

POST #106 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

turls is offline Old Post 05-18-2004 09:30 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for turls Find more posts by turls Add turls to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
turls
Advanced Member

I don't have the specific concern of wondering why I have to provide S/N to get a refund (well, maybe a little), but I am miffed that there still has been no real explanation as to why. Not upset at VE (well maybe a little for not explaining it), but at DirecTV. They haven't given Robert a box to sell in almost 2 weeks (the best I can tell) but they make him jump through hoops to cancel a order that may or have not been really allocated for shipment by DirecTV.

If they are going to make it so hard for him to cancel orders, they should be doing a better job providing him with product to sell.

I really don't have a contact at DirecTV I could complain to that would probably care, but I would at least feel better bringing this complaint up with the next poor CSR I talk to, or perhaps the next time I see a DirecTV rep at a trade show or something.

This all goes back to my bigger concern of these types of great pre-order opportunities being "stealth-sabotaged" by B&M and manufacturers . . . no, not a conspiracy, I don't give them that much organizational credit.

quote:
Originally posted by GreyGhost00
Please explain to me ANY valid reason why he would need the S/N. So he can cancel the order from D* isn't one. I'm not trying to be antagonistic, but I have yet to see a valid reason why I should have to present this number for my refund.

POST #107 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Fluffybear is offline Old Post 05-18-2004 09:56 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Fluffybear Find more posts by Fluffybear Add Fluffybear to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Fluffybear

quote:
Originally posted by turls
They haven't given Robert a box to sell in almost 2 weeks (the best I can tell) but they make him jump through hoops to cancel a order that may or have not been really allocated for shipment by DirecTV.

If they are going to make it so hard for him to cancel orders, they should be doing a better job providing him with product to sell.

Maybe there is more then we are being told or lead to believe..

I think Robert is the one asking for the S/N and not DirecTV. I believe this is his way of assuring that you have actually physcially got a machine in your hands.
There is plenty of posts in this very forum of receipts in order to price match items at other stores or to obtain something for free, etc..
I believe Robert needed that S/N in order to combat mass cancelations.
I have no diea what the mark-up is on this unit is but for every order that is canceled is profit that he will not see.
While I did not like the idea of having to provide my S/N to him, I fully understand his request and can not blame him one bit for making sure I actually had a unit in my hands.

The only thing I wish is that he would have posted the Deposit Refund procedure in this forum and on his site. Would have saved a lot of problems and headaches for himself and his staff.

As for DirecTV not giving him supply. We don't know all the facts there either and do not wish to blame DirecTV for this. I can come up with a number of reasons including maybe Robert ordered 350 at first and thought he could just add units to that order and later discovered he couldn't and that caused his delays..
Unless we have all the facts, it is not fair to lay blame on DirecTV..

Philips PTV100 (Unmodified)
DirecTV HR10-250 (70 Hours HD)
Philips DSR6000 (106 Hours)
Sony SAT-T60 (146 Hours)
Hughes HDVR2 (unmodified)

Last edited by Fluffybear on 05-18-2004 at 10:01 PM

POST #108 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

GreyGhost00 is offline Old Post 05-18-2004 10:09 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for GreyGhost00 Find more posts by GreyGhost00 Add GreyGhost00 to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
GreyGhost00

quote:
Not upset at VE (well maybe a little for not explaining it), but at DirecTV. They haven't given Robert a box to sell in almost 2 weeks (the best I can tell) but they make him jump through hoops to cancel a order that may or have not been really allocated for shipment by DirecTV.

Actually there's been no proof that D* actually did require that info. Other retailers have cancelled orders without that, so perhaps this is a convenient explanation by VE.
quote:
This all goes back to my bigger concern of these types of great pre-order opportunities being "stealth-sabotaged" by B&M and manufacturers . . .

It's economics of scale -- and in my opinion, the experiences many have had with VE demonstrate exactly why larger outfits deserve more inventory.

POST #109 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

gamecox86 is offline Old Post 05-18-2004 10:59 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for gamecox86 Find more posts by gamecox86 Add gamecox86 to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
gamecox86

quote:
Originally posted by GreyGhost00
Actually there's been no proof that D* actually did require that info. Other retailers have cancelled orders without that, so perhaps this is a convenient explanation by VE.

It's economics of scale -- and in my opinion, the experiences many have had with VE demonstrate exactly why larger outfits deserve more inventory.

Yeah, I think a prime example that is nothing but pure unadulterated VE Bullsh*t is the fact that if you want to use your $100 as store credit then you don't need to provide anything. Why, oh why, is it not necessary for him to have a S/N to cancel your order if you want a store credit. Wouldn't he need that to get DTV off his back for that particular order???

POST #110 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

turls is offline Old Post 05-19-2004 12:39 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for turls Find more posts by turls Add turls to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
turls
Advanced Member

Well, I'm taking the high road here and assuming there must be some type of good explanation of why other vendors have been allowing cancellations for orders for some time without jumping through any hoops--Solid Signal is one good example. And until I get that information--in my mind at least--I partially blame DirecTV for the state of affairs.

POST #111 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

clb is offline Old Post 05-19-2004 12:42 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for clb Find more posts by clb Add clb to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
clb

Hi guys, I cancelled last week and faxed them my receipt but never my serial number and got the refund the next day. I could easily have provided them the serial number but it wasn't on the receipt. I don't think they need it. They just want proof of purchase.

POST #112 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

h_a_h_3 is offline Old Post 05-19-2004 12:52 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for h_a_h_3 Visit h_a_h_3's homepage! Find more posts by h_a_h_3 Add h_a_h_3 to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
h_a_h_3

Last Thursday (5/13) I faxed to VE a printout of my VE order confirmation email from 4/2, and my shipping confirmation from CC dated 5/5, wrote "please refund deposit" on the first page, and yesterday (5/17) my Visa showed $100 credit. I didn't send an additional email, PM, or make a phone call. I didn't have a packing slip since CC just slapped a label on the HDTivo box and shipped it, but I took some digicam pictures of the side of the box showing serial number in case I needed them - but I didn't.

POST #113 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Tulsa1 is offline Old Post 05-19-2004 02:24 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Tulsa1 Find more posts by Tulsa1 Add Tulsa1 to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Tulsa1
Revived Member

Robert got all my info on 5/11 and still no refund
I was quite friendly and polite about it.
I guess manners don't matter anymore

POST #114 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

hearth is offline Old Post 05-19-2004 06:32 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for hearth Find more posts by hearth Add hearth to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
hearth

quote:
Originally posted by Tulsa1
I emailed Robert 5/10 about cancelation and Robert asked for the
proof of purchase and SN which I emailed back to him on 5/11 for the
refund. I had not heard or received anything 5/17, emailed Robert
asking for status of refund. Still no refund or status on 5/18.
Would be nice to get my $100 back.

C A L L ! ! !

Get off of your butt and pick up the phone!

POST #115 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

CyberTom is offline Old Post 05-19-2004 06:34 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for CyberTom Find more posts by CyberTom Add CyberTom to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
CyberTom
TB Lightning Fan

I'll have to agree. My refund never did come until I picked up the phone and talked to Wendy. Three days later it was posted to my credit card account.

DirecTV TiVo HR10-250
Harmony H688 Remote

POST #116 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

mpkutah is offline Old Post 05-19-2004 07:21 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for mpkutah Find more posts by mpkutah Add mpkutah to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
mpkutah

What is it 1972 again?

Hmmmm... yeah - I think I'll go dig out my ROTARY DIAL TELEPHONE AND CALL...

POST #117 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Weez is offline Old Post 05-19-2004 08:52 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Weez Find more posts by Weez Add Weez to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Weez

quote:
Originally posted by hearth
C A L L ! ! !

Get off of your butt and pick up the phone!

That's one way of getting it done, another way is to dispute the charge. I opted for disputing the charge. The proof of purchase is one thing, requiring a serial number is another, under no circumstances should you need to submit a serial number. I REPEAT UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES SHOULD YOU NEED TO SUBMIT A SERIAL NUMBER. It is painfully clear to me Robert is making it as difficult as possible for you to get your money back. Not requiring anything for store credits but requiring serials for refunds just reeks of $#!T you know the saying if it looks like $#!T smells like $#!T there is a very good chance it is $#!T. tmf_afficionado was right from the start. Now that he has decided to post again maybe we can get a copy of his CC dispute letter.

Last edited by Weez on 05-19-2004 at 08:58 AM

POST #118 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Falk25 is offline Old Post 05-19-2004 09:04 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Falk25 Find more posts by Falk25 Add Falk25 to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Falk25

I faxed all pertinent information to VE last Thursday 5/13, received an email that my credit card refund had been processed last Saturday 5/15, and checking my credit card account this evening I finally saw the $100 credited to my account.

"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt" -- Abraham Lincoln

POST #119 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

supermonkey is offline Old Post 05-19-2004 11:22 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for supermonkey Find more posts by supermonkey Add supermonkey to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
supermonkey

quote:
Originally posted by Weez
That's one way of getting it done, another way is to dispute the charge. I opted for disputing the charge.

That is definitely the best way to handle these situations, and saves a lot of stress.

POST #120 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged