TiVo Community Forum Archive 1
READ ONLY ARCHIVES

Welcome to the TiVo Community Forum Archive
This archive covers threads on TiVo Community Forum that have not been posted to from the start until June 30, 2004.  Any thread that has a post made to it between 7/1/04 and 12/31/05, that had not been posted to, will be found in Archive 2.
This is a READ ONLY site.

Search | ARCHIVE 2 | MAIN SITE

TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.8 TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo
>>> playing music - freezes and won't play <<<

Forum Jump:
Search this Thread:
Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread ---> Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
tj99 is offline Old Post 05-16-2004 09:42 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for tj99 Find more posts by tj99 Add tj99 to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
tj99

Angry playing music - freezes and won't play

When I am playing music through the Tivo publisher on my tivo it will freeze, sometimes before it even starts the song, while playing the song or sometimes I can play 10 songs and then it freezes. Eventually a message comes up that says there is trouble accessing the server - I have to exit out and go back into the HMO option and start playing over.

What will fix this problem - it is driving me insane and not worth it if this is going to continue happening.

POST #1 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

morac is offline Old Post 05-17-2004 09:49 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for morac Find more posts by morac Add morac to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
morac
Advanced Member

If you have the security feature turned on in Tivo Server, turn it off (set it to allow access from all TiVos). There's a bug where sometimes it will deny access to TiVo's even if they are in the list of allowed TiVos.

If it's already turned off, then you have a networking problem. This is most likely to occur with wireless access particularly if there's a lot of interference.

POST #2 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

csimons66 is offline Old Post 05-18-2004 10:08 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for csimons66 Find more posts by csimons66 Add csimons66 to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
csimons66

I found that when I disconnected my 2.4 ghz cordless phones, the problems of the music freezing is now at a minimum. Still happens occasionally, but MUCH better.

POST #3 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Bobby Soprano is offline Old Post 05-20-2004 07:22 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Bobby Soprano Find more posts by Bobby Soprano Add Bobby Soprano to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bobby Soprano

quote:
Originally posted by csimons66
I found that when I disconnected my 2.4 ghz cordless phones, the problems of the music freezing is now at a minimum. Still happens occasionally, but MUCH better.

Same thing happens to me. I also have TEN cordless phones around the house ... so unplugging them ain't gonna happen

POST #4 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

morac is offline Old Post 05-20-2004 08:06 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for morac Find more posts by morac Add morac to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
morac
Advanced Member

If you are using lots of 2.4 Ghz cordless phone, I'd recommend put your router on one of the higher channels and these have a better chance of not interfering with your phone. Channel 11 would probably be best since phones do not use that channel, but you can play around a test each channel.

POST #5 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

smallman is offline Old Post 05-20-2004 09:01 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for smallman Find more posts by smallman Add smallman to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
smallman

I broke down and replaced my cordless phones with 5.8 GHz phones. Not the cheapest solution, but I have no issues with interference now.

POST #6 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Bobby Soprano is offline Old Post 05-22-2004 10:04 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Bobby Soprano Find more posts by Bobby Soprano Add Bobby Soprano to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bobby Soprano

My 2.4 Ghz cordless phones have no effect on the rest of my networked computers, or xbox live. Oh well ... I'll survive without HMO

POST #7 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged