TiVo Community Forum Archive 1
READ ONLY ARCHIVES

Welcome to the TiVo Community Forum Archive
This archive covers threads on TiVo Community Forum that have not been posted to from the start until June 30, 2004.  Any thread that has a post made to it between 7/1/04 and 12/31/05, that had not been posted to, will be found in Archive 2.
This is a READ ONLY site.

Search | ARCHIVE 2 | MAIN SITE

TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.8 TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 > Main TiVo Forums > HDTV TiVo Powered PVRs
>>> Best Buy has it instock <<<

Pages (9): « First ... « Prev 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 Next »  
Forum Jump:
Search this Thread:
Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread ---> Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
borghe is offline Old Post 05-20-2004 03:01 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for borghe Find more posts by borghe Add borghe to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
borghe

quote:
Originally posted by sdchrgrboy
I didn't bring it up.

no one said you did.

quote:
It was suggested that I was living beyond my means. So I clarified it.

I disagree. Saying "No I don't," or "That's none of your business," is clarifying it. Saying "We make hundreds of thousands of dollars, take lots of trips and buy lots of things," is unprovoked bragging and given "Internet forum psychology 101" more thanlikely just outright lying.

quote:
You are entitled to your opinion.

aka: "I don't care whether you believe me or not."

quote:
I find that most users on these forums are nerds that didn't go to their high school prom.

nice deflection. I didn't go to my prom though I was more of a loner/rebel type at the time.

POST #101 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

CutisDoc is offline Old Post 05-20-2004 03:10 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for CutisDoc Find more posts by CutisDoc Add CutisDoc to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
CutisDoc
Proud HDTivo Owner

I went to the prom.
I love my wife and care what she thinks about the purchases WE make with OUR money.
I love my kids.
I love my HDVR2.
I'm lusting over my HR10-250 that is currently in transit.

POST #102 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

graemeg is offline Old Post 05-20-2004 03:27 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for graemeg Find more posts by graemeg Add graemeg to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
graemeg

WARNING BEST BUY

I was told that my order was cancelled - they referred my to their legal disclosure on their web site that states Best Buy has the right to cancel any order without cause.

Nice huh!

I lost my place and lost my order. I will NEVER step foot in a Best Buy again. I understand inventory problems on a hot item, but don't EVER lie to me.

POST #103 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

grapaslingo is offline Old Post 05-20-2004 03:29 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for grapaslingo Find more posts by grapaslingo Add grapaslingo to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
grapaslingo

quote:
By the way, I was raised with great values.

No, you weren't. Or if you were, you're parents efforts were wasted.

Otherwise you wouldn't say things like:

"I guess it makes you feel better to bitch and moan to someone. I just don't have simpathy for that."

"A bunch of pus@ies, that's who. I can't believe grown men still cowher in front of their wives. Grow some b@lls."

Get over yourself. Some of us come here for help. The dude who wanted to share his concerns with ordering from Good Guys was right to come here and seek advice. Know why? Because there are (thankfully) people here other than you who were happy to assist. Why bother posting inflammatory crap in the first place?

POST #104 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Richard Casto is offline Old Post 05-20-2004 03:29 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Richard Casto Find more posts by Richard Casto Add Richard Casto to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Casto

quote:
I find that most users on these forums are nerds that didn't go to their high school prom.
You must like us "Nerds" if you hang out with us so much.

(1) Toshiba DST-3000 (HDTV and DirecTV)
(2) RCA Standard DirecTV Receiver

DirectTV Subscriber Since 12/1995

POST #105 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

grapaslingo is offline Old Post 05-20-2004 03:30 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for grapaslingo Find more posts by grapaslingo Add grapaslingo to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
grapaslingo

quote:
Originally posted by CutisDoc
I went to the prom.
I love my wife and care what she thinks about the purchases WE make with OUR money.
I love my kids.
I love my HDVR2.
I'm lusting over my HR10-250 that is currently in transit.

Right on! Me too.

POST #106 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

mjbvideo is offline Old Post 05-20-2004 04:01 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for mjbvideo Find more posts by mjbvideo Add mjbvideo to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
mjbvideo

quote:
I didn't bring it up. It was suggested that I was living beyond my means. So I clarified it. You are entitled to your opinion. I find that most users on these forums are nerds that didn't go to their high school prom.

Well, I'm not a shrink but I would say this gentleman has issues.

POST #107 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

esb is offline Old Post 05-20-2004 04:22 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for esb Find more posts by esb Add esb to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
esb

Angry Re: WARNING BEST BUY

quote:
Originally posted by graemeg
I was told that my order was cancelled - they referred my to their legal disclosure on their web site that states Best Buy has the right to cancel any order without cause.

Nice huh!

I lost my place and lost my order. I will NEVER step foot in a Best Buy again. I understand inventory problems on a hot item, but don't EVER lie to me.

So I'm not the only one that Best Buy screwed over. I ordered around 10:15 am EDT Monday morning and got my e-mail confirmation at 10:17 am. I called yesterday to check on the status and the phone rep confirmed that the item was out of stock, but that there were still 18 units available to fill existing orders and that mine would definitely be one of them. Then today, I received an e-mail that the item is backordered with an expected ship date of 5/24 (yeah, right!). My order wasn't cancelled, but other's on this list placed their order after mine and received one. So it sounds like their system is screwed up and they are willing to lie to your face. I'm glad I just purchased my HDTV from Circuit City and NOT Best Buy.

POST #108 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

sdchrgrboy is offline Old Post 05-20-2004 04:55 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for sdchrgrboy Find more posts by sdchrgrboy Add sdchrgrboy to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
sdchrgrboy

quote:
Originally posted by Richard Casto
You must like us "Nerds" if you hang out with us so much.

The reason I hang out here is because I find it extremely amusing and I can get some good material for work. Once in awhile I actually get some useful information, although it usually takes digging through a lot a crap. Next time you are watching your favorite sitcom, maybe you will notice something a little familiar.

POST #109 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

DLiquid is offline Old Post 05-20-2004 05:51 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for DLiquid Visit DLiquid's homepage! Find more posts by DLiquid Add DLiquid to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
DLiquid
TiVo Forum Special Member

quote:
The reason I hang out here is because I find it extremely amusing and I can get some good material for work. Once in awhile I actually get some useful information, although it usually takes digging through a lot a crap. Next time you are watching your favorite sitcom, maybe you will notice something a little familiar.
I didn't know Andrew Dice Clay had a new sitcom. I'll have to check that out.

POST #110 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

bloozeman is offline Old Post 05-20-2004 06:50 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for bloozeman Find more posts by bloozeman Add bloozeman to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
bloozeman

quote:
Originally posted by robnalex
I seriously doubt it. Your sales guy is blowing some major smoke. Even if a manufacturer other than D*/Thompson were to make them, they would likely look exactly like the present DirecTV box and have the DirecTV badge.

I guess some of my posting was misconstrued. I am assuming the Samsung unit will be labeled as a DirectTV unit just like the Hughes. As for the salesguy... he doesn't generally deal in rumors nor fiction, i.e., anything he has ever told me in the past has all been true. He's been in the high-end audio business for 20+ years and if the local independent B&M boutique store he currently works at didn't get bought out by Tweeter a year or so ago he wouldn't even be dealing with DirectTV equipment. Thus, his information is either coming directly from Tweeter or Samsung. The Mits unit he indicated is "up in the air" but that they have supposedly committed to one.

-Ray

Last edited by bloozeman on 05-20-2004 at 01:25 PM

POST #111 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

bloozeman is offline Old Post 05-20-2004 07:01 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for bloozeman Find more posts by bloozeman Add bloozeman to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
bloozeman

quote:
Originally posted by herdfan
You better get him to recheck his sources. While Samsung may be producing the box, it will still be labeled "DirecTV" as D* has taken over the branding of all STB's. I can't find the press release, but it was from January.

Also, IIRC, Mits is not going to be one of the manufactureres of STB's. So his info is a little off.

You may want to do a search as there was one member who painted his HDVR2 black and it looked pretty good.

See my posting above, i.e., the Samsung unit will be labeled as a DirectTV box as well. It will just bring out a little competition price wise so and hopefully will speed up the process for discount deals for new subscribers like me. Thanks for the tip on the paint job... I'll do some searching for that thread.

-Ray

POST #112 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

robnalex is offline Old Post 05-20-2004 09:57 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for robnalex Find more posts by robnalex Add robnalex to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
robnalex

quote:
Originally posted by bloozeman
See my posting above, i.e., the Samsung unit will be labeled as a DirectTV box as well. It will just bring out a little competition price wise so and hopefully will speed up the process for discount deals for new subscribers like me. Thanks for the tip on the paint job... I'll do some searching for that thread.

-Ray

It's highly unlikely that anyone else will be making them any time soon. Even if they did, it would be the same box, same model number, same everything- including price.

Panasonic RP-56 DVD
Panasonic TH-50PHD6UY Plasma Display

POST #113 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

ThreeSoFar is offline Old Post 05-20-2004 10:07 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for ThreeSoFar Find more posts by ThreeSoFar Add ThreeSoFar to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ThreeSoFar
FourNowActually

quote:
Wow. Two amazingly rude Aholes in one night I get to converse with. (three if I counted myself, but I don't. i try not to talk to myself too much.)

That's what makes TC so special, you know?

This one's pretending to be in the entertainment industry.

That or actually is and just pretends to have talent.

Either way, it's funny.

Four TiVos now, all with single Samsung drives:
Humax DRT800 w/DVD-R (174hrs)
Two older Series 2's (142hrs and 157hrs),and a newer nightlight
Series 2, a stupid case design IMO (174hrs)
All but the last are lifetimed. TiVite since 2000. There is a Good IR solution.

Got Vonage 4/9/03--need a referral credit?

POST #114 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

ThreeSoFar is offline Old Post 05-20-2004 10:10 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for ThreeSoFar Find more posts by ThreeSoFar Add ThreeSoFar to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ThreeSoFar
FourNowActually

Re: Re: WARNING BEST BUY

quote:
Originally posted by esb
I'm glad I just purchased my HDTV from Circuit City and NOT Best Buy.
I'm sort of glad I can't see the D* birds so I don't have to go through this crap.

Sort of.

*kicks the ground*

*sniff*

Four TiVos now, all with single Samsung drives:
Humax DRT800 w/DVD-R (174hrs)
Two older Series 2's (142hrs and 157hrs),and a newer nightlight
Series 2, a stupid case design IMO (174hrs)
All but the last are lifetimed. TiVite since 2000. There is a Good IR solution.

Got Vonage 4/9/03--need a referral credit?

POST #115 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

starcham is offline Old Post 05-20-2004 10:43 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for starcham Find more posts by starcham Add starcham to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
starcham

Question HDTiVo

Getting TiVo to work with Comcast HDTV is a nightmare. Excited to see HDTivo at the Best Buy in Sterling - before I fly out there - how much are they and how much recording time do they have? When will they be available at other Best Buys?

Thanks!

Star*

POST #116 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

jbradway is offline Old Post 05-20-2004 11:38 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for jbradway Find more posts by jbradway Add jbradway to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jbradway

quote:

Hmm, I didn't know sitcom writers also were EMTs?
http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-v...813#post1947813

Or are you an executive like your profile states?

Or maybe an executive EMT that writes sitcoms?

Or just somebody with a vivid imagination?

POST #117 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

sashusha is offline Old Post 05-20-2004 02:12 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for sashusha Find more posts by sashusha Add sashusha to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
sashusha

quote:
Originally posted by jbradway
Hmm, I didn't know sitcom writers also were EMTs?
Or are you an executive like your profile states?

Or maybe an executive EMT that writes sitcoms?

Or just somebody with a vivid imagination?

This guy is a classic troll. If you stop feeding him, he might go away.

Sasha

POST #118 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

borghe is offline Old Post 05-20-2004 06:33 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for borghe Find more posts by borghe Add borghe to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
borghe

you've. got. to. be. kidding. me.

didn't know emt's made six figures. or he probably WAS an emt until he worked his way into the entertainment industry to make six figures right away. OR he is an EMT IN the entertainment industry and gets tipped well for saving all of those stars' lives. OR.....

though he is probably lying about the executive thing..

and in case he goes and edits that previous thread:

quote:
Hey Brian, sorry to hear that. Is that you in your avatar? I am an EMT also.

POST #119 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Daryl is offline Old Post 05-20-2004 09:10 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Daryl Find more posts by Daryl Add Daryl to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Daryl
Long Time Lurker

Maybe he's in the ADULT entertainment industry and often plays an EMT in his movies?

"Ma'am, in order for me to properly diagnose your chest pains, I'm going to have to remove your shirt......... and my pants"

POST #120 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged