TiVo Community Forum Archive 1
READ ONLY ARCHIVES

Welcome to the TiVo Community Forum Archive
This archive covers threads on TiVo Community Forum that have not been posted to from the start until June 30, 2004.  Any thread that has a post made to it between 7/1/04 and 12/31/05, that had not been posted to, will be found in Archive 2.
This is a READ ONLY site.

Search | ARCHIVE 2 | MAIN SITE

TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.8 TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 > Main TiVo Forums > HDTV TiVo Powered PVRs
>>> "Regular Schedule" in Atlanta <<<

Forum Jump:
Search this Thread:
Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread ---> Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
pressthe6 is offline Old Post 05-24-2004 01:37 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for pressthe6 Find more posts by pressthe6 Add pressthe6 to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
pressthe6

Question "Regular Schedule" in Atlanta

I know it's been discussed in broad terms, but anyone in Atlanta solve or have input about this guide problem? I don't have the 250 yet (tweeter next week for $799) but my current HD box says the same thing. I'm assuming the 250 won't change things.

BTW, I've loved all the info that I've gotten here over the last 6 months. $99 HD deal through retention (w/free showtime for 6 months). $799 Tweeter 250 deal. etc, etc.

Thanks to everyone!

POST #1 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

HEB1022 is offline Old Post 05-24-2004 04:38 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for HEB1022 Find more posts by HEB1022 Add HEB1022 to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
HEB1022

Pressthe6. I am in Atlanta also and preparing for the HD-TIVO. Are you getting the $799 deal locally? (I don't know a Tweeter location in Atlanta). Is it still available?

Thanks!

POST #2 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

daperlman is offline Old Post 05-24-2004 04:41 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for daperlman Visit daperlman's homepage! Find more posts by daperlman Add daperlman to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
daperlman
sci-fi wasabi

I am in Atl and have an HD TiVo, but I do not believe I have any problem with OTA guide data...

Can you explain what you mean?

POST #3 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

pressthe6 is offline Old Post 05-24-2004 08:57 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for pressthe6 Find more posts by pressthe6 Add pressthe6 to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
pressthe6

HEB, I put a down payment at HiFiBuys in Snellville on scenic hwy. they gave me the $799 price. might have been only over the weekend though.

daperlman, on my regular hughes hd reciever, the only local listings I get are for those coming in on directv. for example...channel 2 (directv feed) says "alias". but the other 2 or 3 channel 2 listings (2-1 antenna analog; 2-1 antenna digital) says regualr shedule. maybe it's just my box, but it seems that if this same thing occurs with the 250, it'll make it really difficult to tivo things in hd if theres no program tilte.

hope I'm being clear.

POST #4 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Darin is offline Old Post 05-24-2004 09:02 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Darin Visit Darin's homepage! Find more posts by Darin Add Darin to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Darin
Way Left

If you are getting that on ALL OTA channels, then check to make sure you have your zip code entered. I have the problem on some of my OTA channels, but not all. That appears to be a problem with my receiver (TS160), as other people in Atlanta seem to get guide info on all OTA channels.

"I don't know how many of you have ever run over a skunk with your car. I have many times, and I can tell you, the stink stays around for a long time. You can take the car through the wash, and it's still there. So the scent of this Super Bowl halftime show will long linger in the nostrils of America." - Senator Zell Miller - Republocrat - Georgia

POST #5 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

daperlman is offline Old Post 05-24-2004 09:12 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for daperlman Visit daperlman's homepage! Find more posts by daperlman Add daperlman to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
daperlman
sci-fi wasabi

quote:
Originally posted by pressthe6

daperlman, on my regular hughes hd reciever, the only local listings I get are for those coming in on directv. for example...channel 2 (directv feed) says "alias". but the other 2 or 3 channel 2 listings (2-1 antenna analog; 2-1 antenna digital) says regualr shedule. maybe it's just my box, but it seems that if this same thing occurs with the 250, it'll make it really difficult to tivo things in hd if theres no program tilte.

hope I'm being clear.

No that problem does not exist for me. I get every station nearly perfectly (100%) except PAX. The guide data for HD channels (as opposed to digital stretched SD stations like 42-1 and 17-2...) is fine and TiVo uses it in searches, scheduling, etc....

I would assume TiVo does not get 14 days of schedule info from these stations though. Anyone know if this is true?

I used to have a TS160 and don't remember that prob... but due to others that rec. didn't last. Problem did not occur with Sony HD200 either.

POST #6 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

borghe is offline Old Post 05-24-2004 10:03 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for borghe Find more posts by borghe Add borghe to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
borghe

I still have yet to see DirecTV not provide guide info for OTA stations that are providing guide data to TMS.

To do the TMS guide check, make sure you have your correct zip code entered in on the Tivo. Then go to www.zap2it.com, enter in your zipcode, select local stations, then check to see if the DT version of a station is in the Stations dropdown. So if your local station is WLLW, there NEEDS to be a WLLWDT listed in the dropdown as well.

If the DT version of the station is listed, has the correct programming, and is still not showing up on the DirecTV guide, then it is a DirecTV problem. However I have never seen this.. Usually it is a screwup either at the station or TMS which in either case must be resolved by the station correcting the problem with TMS.

POST #7 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

moofrank is offline Old Post 05-24-2004 10:51 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for moofrank Visit moofrank's homepage! Find more posts by moofrank Add moofrank to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
moofrank

Snellville HDTivo

I talked to one of the sales folks there. (I'm a fairly loyal Tweeter customer). It looks like both of us slipped in under the wire, as there is to be an allocation of 100 units for the Georgia regional center.

(By the way, thanks for the posting. I managed to get the last of the allocation for the $799.00 price with a little begging.)

The only warning is that the salesman told me that the distribution center SHOULD be getting them tomorrow or Wednesday, but the trucks run from the warehouse on Thursday and Monday. So it is quite possible that the units will turn up on Monday/Tuesday of next week instead of Thursday.

Moo
Frank

POST #8 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

David Scavo is offline Old Post 05-27-2004 04:14 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for David Scavo Find more posts by David Scavo Add David Scavo to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
David Scavo

Re: "Regular Schedule" in Atlanta

quote:
Originally posted by pressthe6
I know it's been discussed in broad terms, but anyone in Atlanta solve or have input about this guide problem?

I get "regular schedule" only on 5-2 (Fox) [5-1 has proper guide data]. I get proper guide data for all the other OTAs I record from.

I shot an email to the general Fox5 email last week and never heard anything back (been on vacation for a week).

I will try someone in Engineering next....

POST #9 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Darin is offline Old Post 06-04-2004 06:52 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Darin Visit Darin's homepage! Find more posts by Darin Add Darin to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Darin
Way Left

Just as an FYI, the problem I was having with missing guide data on certain channels (Fox, NBC, and CBS, IIRC) is fixed... DirecTV sent a firmware upgrade to the TS160s this week, and now all is well. Actually, it resulted in a couple of channels I get getting listed twice (CBS and UPN, IIRC). In the case of CBS, I deleted the old numbering for it, and added the new one that now has guide info.

"I don't know how many of you have ever run over a skunk with your car. I have many times, and I can tell you, the stink stays around for a long time. You can take the car through the wash, and it's still there. So the scent of this Super Bowl halftime show will long linger in the nostrils of America." - Senator Zell Miller - Republocrat - Georgia

POST #10 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged