TiVo Community Forum Archive 1
READ ONLY ARCHIVES

Welcome to the TiVo Community Forum Archive
This archive covers threads on TiVo Community Forum that have not been posted to from the start until June 30, 2004.  Any thread that has a post made to it between 7/1/04 and 12/31/05, that had not been posted to, will be found in Archive 2.
This is a READ ONLY site.

Search | ARCHIVE 2 | MAIN SITE

TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.8 TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 > TiVo TV Talk > Season Pass Alerts
>>> 24 marathon <<<

Forum Jump:
Search this Thread:
Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread ---> Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
jmathey is offline Old Post 05-27-2004 03:24 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for jmathey Find more posts by jmathey Add jmathey to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jmathey

24 marathon

Has anyone heard if there is going to be a 24 hour "24" marathon on one of the upcoming holidays? I think they either did it on Memorial Day or 4th of July last year.

I missed a couple of episodes during the season and wouldn't mind catching up, aside from waiting for the DVD in the fall.

Regards
John

POST #1 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

grecorj is offline Old Post 05-27-2004 03:32 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for grecorj Visit grecorj's homepage! Find more posts by grecorj Add grecorj to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
grecorj
TiVo Forum Special Member

I believe they've done it on Labor Day the past 2 years. To kind of get you revved for the new season. But given that Season 4 won't start until January, it seems unlikely they'll do so again this year.

Looking for news about TiVo? Try TiVoNews

POST #2 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Circle909 is offline Old Post 05-27-2004 05:21 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Circle909 Find more posts by Circle909 Add Circle909 to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Circle909

Well, I'll be having a 24 hour "24" marathon this weekend All 24 episodes sitting on my DTiVo waiting for me and the lady to watch this weekend!

POST #3 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

jmathey is offline Old Post 05-27-2004 07:48 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for jmathey Find more posts by jmathey Add jmathey to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jmathey

I'll be right over, I'll bring the brew and steaks

POST #4 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

ElVee is offline Old Post 05-28-2004 06:03 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for ElVee Find more posts by ElVee Add ElVee to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ElVee
Have a soil mound

As someone who missed the first run of the first and second seasons, I have to say that I prefer watching them in this fashion, rather than the once-a-week airings. We rented the first seasons DVDs and TiVo'd the second season Labor Day marathon, and loved it. This season was more frustrating, having to watch just one episode at a time.

-TV Messenger On-Screen Caller ID
Living Room: Sony SAT-B3 DirecTv TOTAL CHOICEŽ PREMIER with Locals
-Sony Series II SVR3000, HMO
-TV Messenger Plus remote Controlled On-Screen Caller ID
-The bedroom set up is available to me in the living room via PIP
-MX-500 with Radio Shack RF remote extender controls both TiVo's for true Picture-In-Picture

POST #5 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

jmathey is offline Old Post 05-28-2004 06:40 PM
jmathey

I agree

I must agree. I didn't get hooked on this show until midway through the second season, I never even saw the first season until they came out on DVD. I went out to blockbuster and rented the first DVD. After the first 4 episodes, I was instantly hooked, to the point I was running out to BB at 12:00 midnight to get the next DVD.

POST #6 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

mykittykat88 is offline Old Post 05-31-2004 05:19 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for mykittykat88 Find more posts by mykittykat88 Add mykittykat88 to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
mykittykat88

quote:
Originally posted by ElVee
As someone who missed the first run of the first and second seasons, I have to say that I prefer watching them in this fashion, rather than the once-a-week airings. We rented the first seasons DVDs and TiVo'd the second season Labor Day marathon, and loved it. This season was more frustrating, having to watch just one episode at a time.

Also agree. We missed the beginning season and rented the DVDs when they came out the fall that the second season started. We would sit down to watch one episode, end up watching all 4 on the DVD and run to Blockbuster the next day to get the next DVD. Once we were caught up on Season 1, Season 2 had already begun. (We did not have TiVo until December of that year.) So, we waited until FX did the Season 2 marathon (think it was August), cleared TiVo of everything and recorded Season 2. We watched them, three or four episodes at a time, then were able to TiVo Season 3. We have been watching several episodes at a time, and are down to having three left

Sad to hear it will be so long until Season 4 begins....

POST #7 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged