TiVo Community Forum Archive 1
READ ONLY ARCHIVES

Welcome to the TiVo Community Forum Archive
This archive covers threads on TiVo Community Forum that have not been posted to from the start until June 30, 2004.  Any thread that has a post made to it between 7/1/04 and 12/31/05, that had not been posted to, will be found in Archive 2.
This is a READ ONLY site.

Search | ARCHIVE 2 | MAIN SITE

TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.8 TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 > Main TiVo Forums > HDTV TiVo Powered PVRs
>>> 10% Off at Best Buy May 28 - May 31 <<<

Pages (3): « Prev 1 [2] 3 Next »  
Forum Jump:
Search this Thread:
Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread ---> Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Marco is offline Old Post 05-28-2004 10:03 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Marco Find more posts by Marco Add Marco to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Marco
Malfeasor

chris -- go to slickdeals.net, follow the link to the BB coupon, and form your own opinion.

Mine is the front is basically ad copy, giving the customer examples of things to spend his money on. The back lists specific product *exclusions.* I'd have argued that anything not specifically excluded is meant to be included.

YMMV.

Marc
1 HR10-250; 1xDSR6000, 1xDVR40; People evangelized to date: 19

I was halfway to Rivendell when the drugs began to kick in. -- Hunter S. Tolkien

POST #21 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

scottrob is offline Old Post 05-29-2004 12:22 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for scottrob Visit scottrob's homepage! Find more posts by scottrob Add scottrob to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
scottrob
Love new toys

I bought my HR10-250 from the Sterling Virginia store on Wednesday. This morning I went to the Potomas Mills store; gave the young lady at the return counter my receipt and the 10% off coupon and five minutes later had $104.50 credited to my credit card (10% plus tax). No muss, no fuss. She did something called a re-buy. Your milage may vary.

I also looked around at the Potomac Mills BB store, but no units were in sight.

POST #22 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

caseywood is offline Old Post 05-29-2004 12:23 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for caseywood Find more posts by caseywood Add caseywood to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
caseywood

I just got back from my local BB in Atlanta, GA -- and I got the 10% off!

I purchased it online, and did a return and repurchase like others have said. I saved 10% + tax and also got BB reward zone points for it!

Time to cancel my VE order now...

POST #23 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

indy is offline Old Post 05-29-2004 12:48 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for indy Find more posts by indy Add indy to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
indy

I purchased mine online and walked into my local store this morning. Their story is that I would have to bring the unit in. To top it off, they would have no way of re-selling it to me because it was purchased from BB.com. The unit would get returned to BB.com and I would have to repurchase it from them.

I explain all of this because it demonstrates just how differently each store operates. I told the girl that other have had no problem getting the 10% credited. She said "Tell me how they did it and I will see what I can do".

Any recommendations?

POST #24 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

scottrob is offline Old Post 05-29-2004 01:01 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for scottrob Visit scottrob's homepage! Find more posts by scottrob Add scottrob to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
scottrob
Love new toys

I got mine at at a local store. You could try to call or email BB.com and see what they can do for you. Or try another store if that is an option.

POST #25 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

caseywood is offline Old Post 05-29-2004 01:02 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for caseywood Find more posts by caseywood Add caseywood to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
caseywood

Indy,

I received some similiar comments at the BB when I first attempted the return. You will have to bring the item in -- that I don't think you can avoid. -- because you are actually returning the item.

When I first tried to do the return/repurchase the rep said that if I returned the item to their store then they would have to send it back to BB.com. Also, that they could not resell the item because it was not in their inventory.

I pressed the guy further and mentioned that others had been able to get the discount. He then checked with his manager.

The manager said that when a BB.com order is returned they *are* allowed to resell it from their inventory -- that the item can actually stay in their store to be resold. They had to pull out a special carbon copy receipt that they fed through the printer, but they were able to do it.

I would recommend that you go back to the store and ask again -- there is clearly some misunderstanding here, but if you are nice and persistent then I think it should be possible.

The procedure as I understand it is:

1) refund the bb.com order
2) resell the returned item from local store inventory w/ 10% discount.

Hope this helps!

POST #26 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

indy is offline Old Post 05-29-2004 01:15 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for indy Find more posts by indy Add indy to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
indy

I appreciate your responses. I thought I tried everything with the girl. She was being difficult and I left before I got angry. She (and her manager evidently) would require that the item be returned to BB.com. I will probably try again tomorrow and talk with a different CSR.

POST #27 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

CoreyMD is offline Old Post 05-29-2004 02:16 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for CoreyMD Find more posts by CoreyMD Add CoreyMD to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
CoreyMD

FYI - I just bought a WD 250GB HDD at my local BB (to add as a second drive), but couldn't use my coupon for it. They actually applied it to the $5 power splitter instead... This is the first time I've failed to get a discount using one of those coupons from the mailer.

POST #28 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Ed Campbell is offline Old Post 05-29-2004 02:27 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Ed Campbell Find more posts by Ed Campbell Add Ed Campbell to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ed Campbell

I think I'm just not going to push it.

I succeeded in getting $120 credit from Pegasus -- after 20 minutes of shucking and jiving before the CSR dept. would let me get through to Customer Loyalty. That's something owed to any of us struggling with offers consistently short of DirecTV.

The manager of the local BBY is already taking care of another significant product problem I've been dealing with -- above and beyond the call of duty. Our local store is trying to get up to the Customer Centricity program and I think that's just going to make for more and improved service, all round. I think I just won't push the local folks any further than they already go, now. The service I get surpasses anything else in my neck of the woods.

If this was an item I'd been able to buy, locally -- I would then go for the price match -- if the item also was available for the 10% off, this weekend. I did that with my original laptop purchase, and they didn't blink an eye.

POST #29 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

indy is offline Old Post 05-29-2004 03:21 AM
indy

Can someone provide me with the BB store that successfully gave you the 10% off of your BB.com purchase? I would like to go back to my local store and, if they still tell me know, give them the # of a store that knows how to do it.

Thanks!

POST #30 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

aaronwt is offline Old Post 05-29-2004 04:19 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for aaronwt Visit aaronwt's homepage! Find more posts by aaronwt Add aaronwt to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
aaronwt
Advanced Member

quote:
Originally posted by scottrob
I bought my HR10-250 from the Sterling Virginia store on Wednesday. This morning I went to the Potomas Mills store; gave the young lady at the return counter my receipt and the 10% off coupon and five minutes later had $104.50 credited to my credit card (10% plus tax). No muss, no fuss. She did something called a re-buy. Your milage may vary.

I also looked around at the Potomac Mills BB store, but no units were in sight.

I'll have to try that tonight since I'm just around the corner.

POST #31 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

indy is offline Old Post 05-29-2004 04:30 AM
indy

quote:
Originally posted by caseywood
I just got back from my local BB in Atlanta, GA -- and I got the 10% off!

I purchased it online, and did a return and repurchase like others have said. I saved 10% + tax and also got BB reward zone points for it!

Time to cancel my VE order now...

caseywood - Which Atlanta store?

POST #32 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

josejrp is offline Old Post 05-29-2004 06:17 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for josejrp Find more posts by josejrp Add josejrp to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
josejrp

Sounds like Caseywood bought it online, not at the store. All he did was return the unit and repurchase it...

BTW, I went to two BB's today in Atlanta (close to my work, and close to my home), and no HD TiVos were to be found...

POST #33 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

tusharriv is offline Old Post 05-29-2004 06:27 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for tusharriv Find more posts by tusharriv Add tusharriv to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
tusharriv

It was a good day for me. I got the hd tivo from BestBuy.com from UPS today. I got directv to give me a $150 credit plus a bunch of free programming, and I got Best Buy to give my 10% back with the coupon. Thanks to everyone on here that has given info on how to get a good deal on this thing. Off to enjoy the Pacer game in HD.

POST #34 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

aaronwt is offline Old Post 05-29-2004 08:44 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for aaronwt Visit aaronwt's homepage! Find more posts by aaronwt Add aaronwt to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
aaronwt
Advanced Member

I got BestBuy to give me 10% off of my HD-TiVo that I purchased on Wednesday. I went to the Potomac Mills store, so thanks scottrob for the info. That saved me a trip to the Springfield store.
I never was able to get any credits from DirecTv because I got the $99 deal in February and $20 off for 6 months. I tried 4 times with no luck. the last time was when I activated the unit. Maybe I'll have better luck if I purchase a second unit later this year. First, I need to expand the capacity of the one I just bought. 30 hours is definitely not enough. Hopefully I can get enough from the sales of my DSR6000 units to cover a 300GB addition to the HD-TiVo.

POST #35 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

esb is offline Old Post 05-30-2004 09:07 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for esb Find more posts by esb Add esb to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
esb

Question Receipt for discount on online purchase?

For those of you that successfully got the 10% discount applied to your previous online purchase, what did you use for your receipt? I only have the shipping manifest that was attached to the outside of the HR10-250 box. Also, were any of you able to get the 10% without doing a return/re-purchase?

POST #36 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Kamakzie is offline Old Post 05-30-2004 09:13 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Kamakzie Find more posts by Kamakzie Add Kamakzie to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Kamakzie
TiVo Forum Special Member

Re: Receipt for discount on online purchase?

Just login to your best buy account and you can print your receipt online. That is how they told my dad to get a receipt for a rebate.

quote:
Originally posted by esb
For those of you that successfully got the 10% discount applied to your previous online purchase, what did you use for your receipt? I only have the shipping manifest that was attached to the outside of the HR10-250 box. Also, were any of you able to get the 10% without doing a return/re-purchase?

POST #37 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

FatherTed is offline Old Post 05-30-2004 10:03 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for FatherTed Find more posts by FatherTed Add FatherTed to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
FatherTed
Summer's eve pickle

I looked at my local one Friday and they don't even have a shelf tag.

An invisible red thread forever joined

POST #38 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

robnbill is offline Old Post 05-30-2004 07:59 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for robnbill Find more posts by robnbill Add robnbill to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
robnbill

I purchased the unit 5-16 from the Sterling VA BB store. Yesterday, 5-29, I took the receipt and the coupon to the same store - they immediately credited my CC for $104.50 ($100 plus the tax). The clerk said he can treat it as a "Return & Buy" since the coupon did not apply to prior purchases - I thought he was asking me to bring the unit in -- not so -- simply a paper transaction.

POST #39 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

indy is offline Old Post 05-30-2004 11:17 PM
indy

Any success stories of BB.com customers that have gotten the 10% off at local stores that DO NOT have the unit in stock?

POST #40 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged