TiVo Community Forum Archive 1
READ ONLY ARCHIVES

Welcome to the TiVo Community Forum Archive
This archive covers threads on TiVo Community Forum that have not been posted to from the start until June 30, 2004.  Any thread that has a post made to it between 7/1/04 and 12/31/05, that had not been posted to, will be found in Archive 2.
This is a READ ONLY site.

Search | ARCHIVE 2 | MAIN SITE

TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.8 TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 > Main TiVo Forums > HDTV TiVo Powered PVRs
>>> 10% Off at Best Buy May 28 - May 31 <<<

Pages (3): « Prev 1 2 [3]  
Forum Jump:
Search this Thread:
Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread ---> Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
chriscic is offline Old Post 05-31-2004 02:38 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for chriscic Find more posts by chriscic Add chriscic to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
chriscic

Success

quote:
Originally posted by indy
Any success stories of BB.com customers that have gotten the 10% off at local stores that DO NOT have the unit in stock?

I got my $100 refund at the Best Buy on North Ave. in Chicago. Just walked up to the return/exchange counter and said "I just got this coupon and want to use it on this" -- actually I let my girlfriend do it as she's better at that stuff : ) No fuss, no muss.

This store had stock at one point but not at that time.

POST #41 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Clyde is offline Old Post 05-31-2004 07:50 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Clyde Find more posts by Clyde Add Clyde to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Clyde

I was unable to get the $100 refund from the BB on Almaden in San Jose. The clerk returned my BB.com order, and resold me the unit. The coupon scanned in, but did not register a discount.

POST #42 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

jim_arrows is offline Old Post 05-31-2004 07:59 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for jim_arrows Find more posts by jim_arrows Add jim_arrows to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jim_arrows
Member since 12/2000

Got the $104.50 credit (includes tax) at the Fair Lakes, VA store although they've never had them in stock. Purchased last Tuesday at Potomac Yards, just walked up to the customer service counter and told the girl I wanted to do a re-buy to take advantage of the coupon. She had trouble making the system do what she wanted, and at one point (when it wasn't working) she tried to claim that Directv merchandise wasn't included, but I just calmly told her that I knew if it wasn't specifically excluded then it was eligible and that I knew a few people (that would be you guys... 8) who'd already received the discount. She then called over a more senior CSR who knew exactly what to do and she took care of it. I remained patient the entire time (took her ~30 minutes of trying) but also remained firm, since I knew that if I'd walked into the Potomac Yards store today and they had stock I'd have definitely gotten the discount. With the D* $250 credit, that makes my final cost only $649.99 + tax, I'm definitely happy!!

Thanks to everyone for the info provided, it definitely helped knowing that it was possible to get the credit and that the Tivo was covered by the coupon (otherwise I may have believed her when she couldn't figure out how to do it). Best of luck to anyone trying tomorrow!!

Jim

POST #43 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

tgaynor is offline Old Post 06-01-2004 02:37 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for tgaynor Find more posts by tgaynor Add tgaynor to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
tgaynor

After a big fuss and having to come back with the empty box and the access card, I was able to get the 10% off, reward zone points and 6 months no interest from the local Best Buy in Union, NJ.

I had called the store this morning twice and 1-888-BestBuy and was told all three times to bring the receipt and coupon and there would be no problems.

I waited online for 40 minutes and was told that there was no way to do this since it was a BestBuy.com order and the item had to be returned to them. They also had none in stock. I asked for the manger and they said no, I asked for the store manager and the department manager said ok.

They then proceeded to tell me that I would need the serial number and access card number in order to get the 10% off. They claimed that they needed to return the item and resell it and that the serial number and access card number were required for this.

I drive home and came back and the same customer service rep helped me and now said that the 10% coupon was not valid on DVRs or DirecTV items. I flipped out and the store manager gave me the 10% off.

POST #44 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

indy is offline Old Post 06-01-2004 04:52 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for indy Find more posts by indy Add indy to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
indy

quote:
Originally posted by tgaynor
After a big fuss and having to come back with the empty box and the access card, I was able to get the 10% off, reward zone points and 6 months no interest from the local Best Buy in Union, NJ.

I had called the store this morning twice and 1-888-BestBuy and was told all three times to bring the receipt and coupon and there would be no problems.

I waited online for 40 minutes and was told that there was no way to do this since it was a BestBuy.com order and the item had to be returned to them. They also had none in stock. I asked for the manger and they said no, I asked for the store manager and the department manager said ok.

They then proceeded to tell me that I would need the serial number and access card number in order to get the 10% off. They claimed that they needed to return the item and resell it and that the serial number and access card number were required for this.

I drive home and came back and the same customer service rep helped me and now said that the 10% coupon was not valid on DVRs or DirecTV items. I flipped out and the store manager gave me the 10% off.

Although not as painful, I was finally able to get my 10% off. First person said no, second person said no in a different way, third person said I would have to talk to fourth person. After saying they couldn't do it, I told them that it has been done and these stores (showing her a list of stores mentioned in this forum) have done it. She then said, "oh, let me try this". I threw the box in the car at the last minute and actually ended up needing it.

A lot of "work" for $106 but worth it in my opinion. Add this $106 to the $120 I was able to get out of Pegasus, and I have saved $226 that, until Thursday, I hadn't even considered. Thanks to all that shared their experiences and recommendations!

POST #45 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

KenW is offline Old Post 06-02-2004 08:41 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for KenW Find more posts by KenW Add KenW to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
KenW

I got mine too. Happy happy!

POST #46 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

CDTV is offline Old Post 06-02-2004 08:09 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for CDTV Find more posts by CDTV Add CDTV to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
CDTV

quote:
Originally posted by KenW
I got mine too. Happy happy!
Yesterday, you got it? 6/1? I thought it was done now "4 days only 5/28-31" How'd you work that?

POST #47 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged