TiVo Community Forum Archive 1
READ ONLY ARCHIVES

Welcome to the TiVo Community Forum Archive
This archive covers threads on TiVo Community Forum that have not been posted to from the start until June 30, 2004.  Any thread that has a post made to it between 7/1/04 and 12/31/05, that had not been posted to, will be found in Archive 2.
This is a READ ONLY site.

Search | ARCHIVE 2 | MAIN SITE

TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.8 TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 > Main TiVo Forums > HDTV TiVo Powered PVRs
>>> "channels you receive" not sticking? <<<

Forum Jump:
Search this Thread:
Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread ---> Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
osxguy is offline Old Post 05-28-2004 11:49 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for osxguy Find more posts by osxguy Add osxguy to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
osxguy

"channels you receive" not sticking?

(I didn't see this in the FAQ or from a forum search. Please show me how to find this if it has been discussed...)

I got my HR10-250 all set up, and selected only the HD channels in my "channels you receive" list, so it will only record suggestions from the HD channels. This morning I noticed it recorded a bunch of stuff from non-HD channels. I went back to the setup screen for "channels you receive" and they were all checked again. I unchecked all, then just checked the HD channels again, but after I say "done selecting channels", I still see all channels when I go to the guide (using "channels you receive"), and when I go back to the "channels you receive" setup screen.

This doesn't happen with my SD DirecTiVo. Is there a workaround for this?

matt.

POST #1 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

The Crane is offline Old Post 05-29-2004 12:38 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for The Crane Find more posts by The Crane Add The Crane to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
The Crane

I had this same problem. Open the guide and push the info button. Then select, only channels you receive. It worked for me.

POST #2 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

osxguy is offline Old Post 05-29-2004 02:12 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for osxguy Find more posts by osxguy Add osxguy to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
osxguy

quote:
Originally posted by The Crane
I had this same problem. Open the guide and push the info button. Then select, only channels you receive. It worked for me.

I did that. The problem is that my "channels you receive" list keeps getting repopulated with all channels. Even after limiting them to the 6 or so HD channels, when I go back into the setup screen, they're all selected again...

matt.

POST #3 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

jim_arrows is offline Old Post 05-29-2004 04:47 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for jim_arrows Find more posts by jim_arrows Add jim_arrows to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jim_arrows
Member since 12/2000

After you uncheck all the other channels, are you pressing left or right to exit the screen? If you press left (which is normally how one returns to the previous screen), it CANCELS all the work you just did. If you press right, you'll see the "please wait" message and you should be all set. If that's not it, I don't know what else it might be.

HTH,
Jim

POST #4 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

osxguy is offline Old Post 05-29-2004 08:10 AM
osxguy

quote:
Originally posted by jim_arrows
After you uncheck all the other channels, are you pressing left or right to exit the screen?

I'm scrolling back to the top and selecting "done selecting channels', or whatever the top item is...

matt.

POST #5 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

sprocto2 is offline Old Post 06-02-2004 10:50 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for sprocto2 Find more posts by sprocto2 Add sprocto2 to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
sprocto2

quote:
Originally posted by osxguy
I'm scrolling back to the top and selecting "done selecting channels', or whatever the top item is...

matt.

I had the same problem. I works now, I think all I did was reboot. You may have to unplug.

POST #6 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

ozone is offline Old Post 06-03-2004 01:54 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for ozone Find more posts by ozone Add ozone to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ozone
disMember

i have not experienced this on my HD Tivo yet, but I experienced it about 4-5 times over the past year or so on my Sony and Philips SD TiVos.

Denon AVR-3805
Hughes HD TiVo HR10-250

POST #7 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

ahartman is offline Old Post 06-03-2004 11:19 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for ahartman Find more posts by ahartman Add ahartman to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ahartman
Space for Rent

I get this all the time on my DSR6Ks. Specifically, the GEM & Celebrity Shopping channels keep popping up. Very irritating.

I also don't like how it automatically populates all the NBA/MLB/MLS/NHL channels when those packages are active.

POST #8 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

hd10250 is offline Old Post 06-03-2004 07:30 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for hd10250 Find more posts by hd10250 Add hd10250 to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
hd10250

I've had channel 134 and 170 magically appear in my HR10-250 Received Channel list on three occassions. Not sure what is causing this but I uncheck and confirm that the channels are unchecked each time. The issue has only happended on these two channels.

POST #9 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Dunteachin is offline Old Post 06-10-2004 02:31 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Dunteachin Find more posts by Dunteachin Add Dunteachin to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dunteachin

quote:
Originally posted by hd10250
I've had channel 134 and 170 magically appear in my HR10-250 Received Channel list on three occassions. Not sure what is causing this but I uncheck and confirm that the channels are unchecked each time. The issue has only happended on these two channels.

This happens to me quite frequently, even on the SD units. I remember seeing something (either on this forum or the other one) about these channels being used for promotion, so they automatically get checked. Doesn't seem right to me, big brother telling me what to watch.

Anyone know how to keep them unchecked?

Hughes SD-DVR40 [40 hours, unhacked]
Mits WS65819
Yamaha HTR-5280
Polk RM7600

POST #10 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

pforgey is offline Old Post 06-10-2004 04:44 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for pforgey Find more posts by pforgey Add pforgey to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
pforgey

My SD TiVo did it all the time too. Seems crazy that it can't populate that list itself since the DirecTV receiver side of the software knows full well what channels it receives. I get TiVo suggestions trying to record from premium packages I don't subscribe to all the time.

It's why I consider this feature to be completely useless.

POST #11 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

sashusha is offline Old Post 06-10-2004 06:16 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for sashusha Find more posts by sashusha Add sashusha to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
sashusha

Those 2 channels get a "new" name twice a day, switching from "ppv" to "here" or some such garbage. That's what's confusing Tivo into thinking they're new channels and adding them every time. Yep, it's annoying, but I think it's DirecTV's fault more than Tivo's. So, if it really bothers you, complain to DirecTV about the name changes.

Sasha

POST #12 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

pforgey is offline Old Post 06-10-2004 06:21 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for pforgey Find more posts by pforgey Add pforgey to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
pforgey

For me, the entire "channels you receive" list resets back to all channels, not just the "new" ones. Considering I shouldn't have to set that list myself in the first place..

quote:
Originally posted by sashusha
Those 2 channels get a "new" name twice a day, switching from "ppv" to "here" or some such garbage. That's what's confusing Tivo into thinking they're new channels and adding them every time. Yep, it's annoying, but I think it's DirecTV's fault more than Tivo's. So, if it really bothers you, complain to DirecTV about the name changes.

Sasha

POST #13 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Bodie is offline Old Post 06-13-2004 07:33 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Bodie Find more posts by Bodie Add Bodie to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bodie

quote:
Originally posted by ahartman
I get this all the time on my DSR6Ks. Specifically, the GEM & Celebrity Shopping channels keep popping up. Very irritating.

I also don't like how it automatically populates all the NBA/MLB/MLS/NHL channels when those packages are active.

I was getting those two channels, then it went away for a while, now its just GEMS. VERY Annoying...

EDIT:Spoke too soon. The day after I posted this, CSHOP was back...

Last edited by Bodie on 06-18-2004 at 02:14 AM

POST #14 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged