TiVo Community Forum Archive 1
READ ONLY ARCHIVES

Welcome to the TiVo Community Forum Archive
This archive covers threads on TiVo Community Forum that have not been posted to from the start until June 30, 2004.  Any thread that has a post made to it between 7/1/04 and 12/31/05, that had not been posted to, will be found in Archive 2.
This is a READ ONLY site.

Search | ARCHIVE 2 | MAIN SITE

TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.8 TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 > Main TiVo Forums > HDTV TiVo Powered PVRs
>>> Rapid Shipping Again Tomorrow <<<

Pages (4): [1] 2 3 4 Next »  
Forum Jump:
Search this Thread:
Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread ---> Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
sobe_knights is offline Old Post 06-02-2004 03:49 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for sobe_knights Find more posts by sobe_knights Add sobe_knights to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
sobe_knights

Rapid Shipping Again Tomorrow

This off their site. I have a 2nd one on order so I am hoping that I can get it in a week or so. My first unit works beautifully BTW. May be a good time to place your order.

HD DIRECTV DVR Stock Update (6/1/04 - 2:45PM EST)
We are taking orders now for this product. We expect to receive units tomorrow. Those with orders in our system will be shipped beginning 6/2 in the same order that orders were placed. Additional units are expected throughout the week. Those placing new orders, can expect delayed shipment as we ship earlier orders first. We will not charge your credit card until the unit ships. THIS IS ONLY CONCERNING THE HDTV TIVO - NOT OTHER TIVO UNITS.

POST #1 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

blulite is offline Old Post 06-02-2004 03:56 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for blulite Find more posts by blulite Add blulite to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
blulite

who? what's the store/website?

POST #2 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Paperboy2003 is offline Old Post 06-02-2004 04:15 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Paperboy2003 Find more posts by Paperboy2003 Add Paperboy2003 to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Paperboy2003
Wasting time here

Well what do ya know....SOBE seems to have positive info on RAPID again. Who woulda thought that?! Spoke with your brother again SOBE?

POST #3 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

boxman is offline Old Post 06-02-2004 04:31 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for boxman Find more posts by boxman Add boxman to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
boxman

where at on rapids site do you see that information? the only information i can find is almost a month old.

POST #4 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

boxman is offline Old Post 06-02-2004 04:48 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for boxman Find more posts by boxman Add boxman to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
boxman

This is the only info on the site i could find :
Stock Update (5/4/04 - 6:10PM EST) Orders for the HDTV DIRECTV TiVo placed after 5/1/04 at 10:40 AM EST will be placed on our waitlist. Orders placed prior to this update will ship as promised in 3-5 days. PLEASE DO NOT CALL IN TO GET AN UPDATE ON YOUR ORDER -- Shipment of units will continue tomorrow 5/5 and 5/6. Additional units for the waitlist may come as early as Monday 5/10/04 for delivery that very week. THIS IS ONLY CONCERNING THE HDTV TIVO - NOT OTHER TIVO UNITS.

POST #5 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

DeputyTIVO is offline Old Post 06-02-2004 05:14 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for DeputyTIVO Find more posts by DeputyTIVO Add DeputyTIVO to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
DeputyTIVO
It's just IMHO

Actually here you go (and this has been there since late morning):

http://www.rapidsatellite.com/tivo_land.aspx

HD DIRECTV DVR Stock Update (6/1/04 - 2:45PM EST)
We are taking orders now for this product. We expect to receive units tomorrow. Those with orders in our system will be shipped beginning 6/2 in the same order that orders were placed. Additional units are expected throughout the week. Those placing new orders, can expect delayed shipment as we ship earlier orders first. We will not charge your credit card until the unit ships. THIS IS ONLY CONCERNING THE HDTV TIVO - NOT OTHER TIVO UNITS. [ORDER NOW]

Sony SAT-T60 DirecTiVo
230hrs/TurboNET/Telnet/TiVoFTPd/TiVoWEB/TyTool/Elseed

Hughes HDVR2 DirecTiVo
WeaKnees TwinBreeze Complete

POST #6 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

boxman is offline Old Post 06-02-2004 05:51 AM
boxman

Thumbs up

thanks. i completely missed that. i got my info when i went through the ordering process. guess they need to update that part. i ordered mine a couple weeks ago,really do hope it ships this week.

POST #7 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

sobe_knights is offline Old Post 06-02-2004 06:33 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for sobe_knights Find more posts by sobe_knights Add sobe_knights to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
sobe_knights

quote:
Originally posted by blulite
who? what's the store/website?

Rapid Satellite -- www.rapidsatellite.com

POST #8 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

wallyj is offline Old Post 06-02-2004 06:50 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for wallyj Find more posts by wallyj Add wallyj to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
wallyj

Well, I jumped. hope I'm not sorry later. Been hoping the circuit City window would open. I'll post what happens.

POST #9 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

scooby2 is offline Old Post 06-03-2004 12:09 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for scooby2 Find more posts by scooby2 Add scooby2 to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
scooby2
Paradigm Lover

I wonder how many pre-orders they have. I have also been waiting for Best Buy/Circuit City so I jumped on.

POST #10 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

videojanitor is offline Old Post 06-03-2004 01:14 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for videojanitor Find more posts by videojanitor Add videojanitor to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
videojanitor
TV Engineering Guy

Question for you guys that just ordered from Rapid Satellite: I decided to do the same thing (can never have too many pre-orders, right? ) -- ordered it late last night -- this morning I see that the "available credit" on my card has decreased by the amount of the order. Normally this only happens if the card has been CHARGED -- at least, that's the only way I've seen it happen in the past.

Anybody else have this experience? It would truly be amazing if they're actually preparing to send one to me, considering I'm at the end of the line. My "order status" says "pending shipment," but I don't know what that means ...

--Bill R.

POST #11 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

unixadm is offline Old Post 06-03-2004 01:54 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for unixadm Visit unixadm's homepage! Find more posts by unixadm Add unixadm to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
unixadm

I just talked to Rapid....they told me that I could order one, but they couldn't guarantee when I would get it. They told me that they are getting shipments in multiple times a week and getting them out just as fast. They told me that if I ordered one, they WOULD NOT charge my card until it shipped.

"If you're dumb, surround yourself with smart people.
If you're smart, surround yourself with smart people who disagree with you."

POST #12 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

videojanitor is offline Old Post 06-03-2004 02:07 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for videojanitor Find more posts by videojanitor Add videojanitor to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
videojanitor
TV Engineering Guy

Interesting. Well, I will keep an eye on my card over the next few days and see if the charge actually appears (as opposed to just reducing my available credit). Their web site does indeed state that they will NOT charge your card until the unit ships, so I will definitely be giving them a jingle if the reverse turns out to be true.

--Bill R.

POST #13 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

unixadm is offline Old Post 06-03-2004 02:23 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for unixadm Visit unixadm's homepage! Find more posts by unixadm Add unixadm to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
unixadm

I just put in an order, and used my Visa Check card....and I do see that the available balance went down the amount of purchase. I am sure that it is just an authorization at this point....and it will become available again if they don't process in 3 days.

"If you're dumb, surround yourself with smart people.
If you're smart, surround yourself with smart people who disagree with you."

POST #14 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

videojanitor is offline Old Post 06-03-2004 02:41 AM
videojanitor
TV Engineering Guy

That's got to be what's happening -- I guess we'll find out soon enough.

On a somewhat related manner, did you receive a confirmation email that contained this information:

Your receiver and/or system will arrive prior to the installation. You must NOT open the box. It is only to be opened by our certified installer.

I did not see anything about *installation* being included with the unit, and in fact, I don't need or want it. I will assume (for now) that this is just some boiler-plate text that goes out with every order.

--Bill R.

POST #15 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

wallyj is offline Old Post 06-03-2004 02:59 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for wallyj Find more posts by wallyj Add wallyj to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
wallyj

I was wondering about that too......

POST #16 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Paul E is offline Old Post 06-03-2004 03:12 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Paul E Visit Paul E's homepage! Find more posts by Paul E Add Paul E to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Paul E

I ordered my HD-Tivo from Rapid on 5-7, and it's still "pending shipment". Credit card has not been charged yet.

Mitsubishi 55" HDTV
HR10-250 HD-DirecTivo
Sony SAT-T60 @ 105 hours
Mitsubishi H2000 D-VHS (HD-VHS)
Denon audio system with 5.1 Klipsch speakers
HTM MX-500 remote to operate all HT components

POST #17 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

boxman is offline Old Post 06-03-2004 03:42 AM
boxman

mine says the same thing too, "pending shipment". i wonder if there is anyone here who ordered around that time that got shipped today?

POST #18 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

scooby2 is offline Old Post 06-04-2004 04:32 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for scooby2 Find more posts by scooby2 Add scooby2 to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
scooby2
Paradigm Lover

Anyone verify that Rapid shipped at all?

POST #19 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Paul E is offline Old Post 06-04-2004 05:42 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Paul E Visit Paul E's homepage! Find more posts by Paul E Add Paul E to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Paul E

They didn't ship mine, which was ordered 5-7-04.

The good news..... I got in on today's CC window!

Canceling RS order now.

Mitsubishi 55" HDTV
HR10-250 HD-DirecTivo
Sony SAT-T60 @ 105 hours
Mitsubishi H2000 D-VHS (HD-VHS)
Denon audio system with 5.1 Klipsch speakers
HTM MX-500 remote to operate all HT components

Last edited by Paul E on 06-04-2004 at 05:53 AM

POST #20 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged