TiVo Community Forum Archive 1
READ ONLY ARCHIVES

Welcome to the TiVo Community Forum Archive
This archive covers threads on TiVo Community Forum that have not been posted to from the start until June 30, 2004.  Any thread that has a post made to it between 7/1/04 and 12/31/05, that had not been posted to, will be found in Archive 2.
This is a READ ONLY site.

Search | ARCHIVE 2 | MAIN SITE

TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.8 TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 > Main TiVo Forums > HDTV TiVo Powered PVRs
>>> Rapid Shipping Again Tomorrow <<<

Pages (4): « Prev 1 [2] 3 4 Next »  
Forum Jump:
Search this Thread:
Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread ---> Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Robert H is offline Old Post 06-05-2004 12:41 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Robert H Find more posts by Robert H Add Robert H to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Robert H

More news:

HD DIRECTV DVR Stock Update (6/4/04 - 2:15PM EST)
We are taking orders now for this product. We received and shipped units today to many on our waitlist. We expect to receive units next week. Those with orders in our system will continue to be shipped in the same order that orders were placed. Those placing new orders, can expect delayed shipment as we ship earlier orders first.

POST #21 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Brewer4 is offline Old Post 06-05-2004 03:19 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Brewer4 Find more posts by Brewer4 Add Brewer4 to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Brewer4

FINALLY. After 4+ months of waiting with VE. Rapid Delivered in over 1 month. I ordered on May 1. I actually canceled this order but it still stuck. In the end, its all about getting the unit.

RE: Order #RS-695XX

Dear Richard XXXXX,

Great News! We have received all the necessary paperwork and approvals and your
order #RS-695XX is now being processed. We will update you on your shipment
status within the next 24 hours.

We know you have a choice on where you spend your money and we appreciate the
vote of confidence.

Regards,

The Team
RapidSatellite.com

POST #22 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

scooby2 is offline Old Post 06-05-2004 10:09 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for scooby2 Find more posts by scooby2 Add scooby2 to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
scooby2
Paradigm Lover

Nice Rapid Satellite sold my info to a company that has been calling me over and over since Pegasus filed for chapter 11. They are claiming I will no longer be able to get Directv/Pegasus and I need to switch to Dish Network immediately.

POST #23 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Brewer4 is offline Old Post 06-08-2004 06:26 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Brewer4 Find more posts by Brewer4 Add Brewer4 to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Brewer4

My unit shipped yesterday and should be at my house Thursday. Cant wait. Never had to wait for something this long. I pre-ordered with Value in January but that never shipped and Rapid, I missed the cutoff of the first shipment by hours. I hope its worth the wait and expense.

Now if only DirecTV could increase its HD programming...........

POST #24 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Brewer4 is offline Old Post 06-11-2004 12:24 AM
Brewer4

My unit is in my home and working. Looks great so far.

POST #25 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

garberfc is offline Old Post 06-11-2004 12:41 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for garberfc Find more posts by garberfc Add garberfc to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
garberfc
TiVo'ing since '00

quote:
Originally posted by Brewer4
My unit shipped yesterday and should be at my house Thursday. Cant wait. Never had to wait for something this long. I pre-ordered with Value in January but that never shipped and Rapid, I missed the cutoff of the first shipment by hours. I hope its worth the wait and expense.

Now if only DirecTV could increase its HD programming...........

When did you order with Rapid? I have an order sitting with them now. Anyway to see where I am in their queue?

About D* and their HD programming; ever consider getting an OTA? The OTA will deliver a pure unaltered HD signal...

F

POST #26 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

dwynne is offline Old Post 06-11-2004 12:49 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for dwynne Find more posts by dwynne Add dwynne to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dwynne

quote:
Originally posted by garberfc
When did you order with Rapid? I have an order sitting with them now. Anyway to see where I am in their queue?

I have an order with them as well. You can e-mail then to ask, but they can not (or will not) tell you where you are in line or when you might get an HDTivo. All they would tell me is "your order is still pending shipment" - no charges on my CC from them, however.

service@rapidsatellite.com

Let us know if you get any more info.

Dennis

POST #27 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Brewer4 is offline Old Post 06-11-2004 01:51 AM
Brewer4

I ordered on May 1 and must have missed the orginal cutoff by hours if not minutes. The unit said shipped last week but actually shipped on Monday (from Georgia) with delivery to Connecticut today. Credit card charged on Friday I believe. So for those that get charged (Value E customers), their units better ship within 5 days. I have a dispute with a vendor that charged me and sat on my order for 9 weeks before I canceled.

POST #28 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Brewer4 is offline Old Post 06-11-2004 01:52 AM
Brewer4

"I have a dispute with a vendor that charged me and sat on my order for 9 weeks before I canceled."

Correction to my post, the order was for furniture not HD Tivo.

POST #29 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Robert H is offline Old Post 06-11-2004 06:37 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Robert H Find more posts by Robert H Add Robert H to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Robert H

How "rapidly" has Rapid responded to emails? I've sent several requests
for information about my order over the past 2 weeks and have received
no response. And this is after they've charged me for the HD Tivo which
they haven't shipped yet.

POST #30 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

wallyj is offline Old Post 06-13-2004 06:35 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for wallyj Find more posts by wallyj Add wallyj to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
wallyj

How old is your order?

Who has the oldest unfilled order with Rapid? Mine is pretty recent - June 2

POST #31 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Dogen is offline Old Post 06-13-2004 07:42 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Dogen Find more posts by Dogen Add Dogen to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dogen

Should I have have gotten some sort of confirmation email by now about my order? I ordered last week and haven't heard anything yet.

POST #32 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

wallyj is offline Old Post 06-13-2004 11:23 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for wallyj Find more posts by wallyj Add wallyj to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
wallyj

Confirmation

You can go to the web site, sign into you account and see your order. WHen you go th th tracking part, it will say "pending shipment"

POST #33 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Dogen is offline Old Post 06-14-2004 01:55 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Dogen Find more posts by Dogen Add Dogen to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dogen

Re: Confirmation

quote:
Originally posted by wallyj
You can go to the web site, sign into you account and see your order. WHen you go th th tracking part, it will say "pending shipment"

Ah, okay... that's kind of hinky. But at least I know that they do have my order and all.

POST #34 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Golfjackal is offline Old Post 06-14-2004 01:56 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Golfjackal Find more posts by Golfjackal Add Golfjackal to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Golfjackal

I'm about the same as Wallyj. I'm May 31.

Dogen, I got an e-mail immediately after I ordered mine.

The tracking link on Rapid's site doesn't work for me. I get a complicated error page. I called them about it and they said that my order was in the system, so not to worry about it. I'm not worried, just impatient.

Last edited by Golfjackal on 06-14-2004 at 02:23 AM

POST #35 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Robert H is offline Old Post 06-14-2004 03:56 AM
Robert H

I ordered mine on May 6th. Still waiting for it. Still waiting for a response
to any of my emails. Tried calling a few times..busy signal. Are they
still in business? All on vacation? I'm getting worried since they were
quick to charge my card.

They updated their notice slightly:
HD DIRECTV DVR Stock Update (6/12/04 - 7:15PM EST)
We are taking orders now for this product. We expect to receive additional units next week. Those with orders in our system will continue to be shipped in the same order that orders were placed. Those placing new orders, can expect delayed shipment as we ship earlier orders first. We will not charge your credit card until the unit ships. THIS IS ONLY CONCERNING THE HDTV TIVO - NOT OTHER TIVO UNITS.

POST #36 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Dogen is offline Old Post 06-14-2004 04:00 AM
Dogen

Hmmm... if people who ordered theirs in May still haven't got anything, that's telling me I might ought to go to my local UE and order one, since they said I would for sure get one out of their next shipment.

POST #37 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

JStanton_boston is offline Old Post 06-14-2004 11:23 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for JStanton_boston Find more posts by JStanton_boston Add JStanton_boston to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JStanton_boston

I ordered June 6. I e-mailed them last Thursday to inquire about my place in line, and didn't even get a "sorry, we can't tell you" e-mail back yet.

POST #38 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

alcatrazp is offline Old Post 06-15-2004 04:23 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for alcatrazp Find more posts by alcatrazp Add alcatrazp to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
alcatrazp

I ordered mine may 25th. I have called them and other retailers. Some have said in a few weeks others the first week in july.

POST #39 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

alcatrazp is offline Old Post 06-15-2004 04:24 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for alcatrazp Find more posts by alcatrazp Add alcatrazp to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
alcatrazp

anyone know of other sources?

POST #40 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged