TiVo Community Forum Archive 1
READ ONLY ARCHIVES

Welcome to the TiVo Community Forum Archive
This archive covers threads on TiVo Community Forum that have not been posted to from the start until June 30, 2004.  Any thread that has a post made to it between 7/1/04 and 12/31/05, that had not been posted to, will be found in Archive 2.
This is a READ ONLY site.

Search | ARCHIVE 2 | MAIN SITE

TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.8 TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 > Main TiVo Forums > DIRECTV Receiver with TiVo
>>> "Clear and delete everything" faster way to get 2.5? <<<

Forum Jump:
Search this Thread:
Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread ---> Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
radiomattdt is offline Old Post 09-18-2001 12:23 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for radiomattdt Find more posts by radiomattdt Add radiomattdt to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
radiomattdt

Post "Clear and delete everything" faster way to get 2.5?

I was just wondering, if a person were to go into the system reset menue, and do a "Clear and delete everything", would this return the unit to the original software version too? If so, then after going back thru the setup, would it download 2.5 on it's first daily call?

Or would that just wipe out all my settings and leave me with the same software version I have now?

Matt

POST #1 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

TWPaulus is offline Old Post 09-18-2001 12:50 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for TWPaulus Find more posts by TWPaulus Add TWPaulus to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
TWPaulus
TiVo Forum Special Member

I am pretty sure you will just end up with your current software. All you end up is having to redo everything and start from sratch with the current software and you won't get the upgrade any faster.

------------------
Tom Paulus
a TV nut that's hard to crack.
ISPChoce the smiles=http://www.isp-choice.com/smilies/smilies.htm

POST #2 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 09-18-2001 04:41 PM
Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
GotTiVo?

Anyone tried this? I was thinking the same thing since the initial call is different from the normal phone home, or is it?

------------------
Sony SVR-2000
Sony SAT-T60

POST #3 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Hoffer is offline Old Post 09-18-2001 07:43 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Hoffer Find more posts by Hoffer Add Hoffer to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Hoffer
Hey Now!!!

I would 100% gaurantee that it would not go back to the original software. I haven't tried the reset thing, but I cannot see why it would do that.

------------------
Sony 108 Hour DirecTiVo
Philips 92 Hour TiVo

POST #4 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

antsinger is offline Old Post 09-18-2001 07:50 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for antsinger Find more posts by antsinger Add antsinger to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
antsinger

It seems that if the software would go back to 2.0 and not 2.01 that the machine would call in for an upgrade and get the latest software 2.5.

------------------
- Anthony

POST #5 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

blips is offline Old Post 09-18-2001 07:58 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for blips Find more posts by blips Add blips to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
blips
Advanced Member

When you do a clear and delete it will not revert to older software versions. It will retain the version you are on. I cannot speculate if it will get you 2.5 on the first download.

[This message has been edited by blips (edited 09-18-2001).]

POST #6 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Otto is offline Old Post 09-18-2001 08:02 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Otto Find more posts by Otto Add Otto to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Otto

Nope. It doesn't revert to a previous software version, and won't speed up downloading 2.5.

------------------
<FONT size="1">All comments made in this post are my opinion and my opinion alone. Deal with it.
Otto, Zen TiVo Master - Moderator - AVS Tivo Forums - Tivo Underground, Tivo Coffee House
"The way of the portable computer user is as a stony path strewn with plugs and sockets, all the wrong size..." -- Terry Pratchett</FONT s>

POST #7 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 09-18-2001 09:25 PM
Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
hynt20

This does not work......... I did this on Sunday, not to get 2.5, but I was having problems with my Access Card, and DTV wanted a completely rebooted/refeshed machine. (Still didn't fix the problem)

And it didn't get me 2.5 either (Was a waste of time)

POST #8 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

radiomattdt is offline Old Post 09-18-2001 11:36 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for radiomattdt Find more posts by radiomattdt Add radiomattdt to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
radiomattdt

Thanks guys,

I didn't know if it would help or not, just something that popped into my head the other day and was curious.

I just got off the phone with Tivo, who told me as did 2 directv reps, that 2.5 was to be downloaded to everyone by Monday (9/17), told her I did not have it and she "pinged" or sent some sort of signal to my box, and it is 20min into the download now!

Matt

POST #9 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged