TiVo Community Forum Archive 1
READ ONLY ARCHIVES

Welcome to the TiVo Community Forum Archive
This archive covers threads on TiVo Community Forum that have not been posted to from the start until June 30, 2004.  Any thread that has a post made to it between 7/1/04 and 12/31/05, that had not been posted to, will be found in Archive 2.
This is a READ ONLY site.

Search | ARCHIVE 2 | MAIN SITE

TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.8 TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo
>>> Tivo To Go <<<

Forum Jump:
Search this Thread:
Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread ---> Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
noneya is offline Old Post 06-12-2004 12:39 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for noneya Find more posts by noneya Add noneya to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
noneya

Tivo To Go

Anyone heard an latest news on the release of Tivo To Go?

Ryan

Request:
1) I want to view my home movies through Tivo
2) I want roll over scheduling to my other Tivo's
3) I want my DirectTivo to add HMO
4) I want Tivo to Control a DVD Changer
5) I want Tivo to connect and Control a Satellite Radio Unit
I want I want I want!

Last edited by noneya on 06-13-2004 at 12:31 AM

POST #1 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Kracko is offline Old Post 06-12-2004 01:03 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Kracko Find more posts by Kracko Add Kracko to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Kracko

Do you know of a thread or website that explains what TiVo to Go is?

Running JavaHMO 1.2

POST #2 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

noneya is offline Old Post 06-12-2004 01:59 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for noneya Find more posts by noneya Add noneya to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
noneya

Here is an article from Tivo

http://www.tivo.com/5.3.1.1.asp?article=196

That and a small news article in Home Theater Magazine is all I've been able to dig up.

Ryan

POST #3 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Kracko is offline Old Post 06-12-2004 02:32 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Kracko Find more posts by Kracko Add Kracko to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Kracko

Thanks. That's pretty cool.

Running JavaHMO 1.2

POST #4 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

The TiVo Dude is offline Old Post 06-12-2004 05:02 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for The TiVo Dude Find more posts by The TiVo Dude Add The TiVo Dude to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
The TiVo Dude

Sounds like PC only

POST #5 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

morac is offline Old Post 06-12-2004 06:08 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for morac Find more posts by morac Add morac to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
morac
Advanced Member

The latest news was just posted by TiVoPony in the main forum and it looks like great news.

quote:
Originally posted by TiVoPony
I'm back, and just getting caught up.

Stephen was correct. No dongles for TiVoToGo.

Programs are still encrypted, but everything is done via software. No hardware key required.

And no extra charge. Well, a bit probably for the Sonic software. But not for TiVoToGo or, obviously, a dongle.

Pony

POST #6 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

jsnell is offline Old Post 06-12-2004 10:49 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for jsnell Visit jsnell's homepage! Find more posts by jsnell Add jsnell to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jsnell
TeeVee.org

quote:
Originally posted by The TiVo Dude
Sounds like PC only

they demoed it for me on a Mac.

POST #7 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Bigg is offline Old Post 06-12-2004 11:43 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Bigg Find more posts by Bigg Add Bigg to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bigg
Advanced Member

1. just hook the camera up to the TV or burn them to a DVD.
2. You mean like having one NPL and to do list for all TiVos on the network? RTV does that and boy would it be nice for those who have 2 or more Series 2s.
3. try telling directv that. Its SA only for as long as I can see.
4. get real. are you really so lazy you can't feed a dvd into a tray? also, do you really watch all of you dvds enoough to justify a changer? Oh and chagers don't upconvert to HDTV.
5. coming in the fall with the XM pcr connected to your pc and TiVo listening to it through the network. Nice if you can share one tuner between the PC and the home entertainment center, as it save $7/mo.

POST #8 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

noneya is offline Old Post 06-13-2004 12:27 AM
noneya

OK

1.The reason I would like to view home movies ready at anytime is it usually when you have company over and they ask how was the vacation etc you could pull them up with the push of a few buttons. I can do this now with my photos and HMO. Who really likes pulling the camera out hooking it up every time you want to watch a home video? I do burn them to DVD and put them in the changer right now but would like to stream them off the server.

4. As far as the DVD Changer I like my DVD's to be in the changer right out of the box this allows me to not get them scratch by any one else in the house. IT comes to a bought a dollar per DVD and for my thats good insurance to keep them form getting scratched. Plus I have a whole house audio video system that allows any component to be viewed from any TV in or outside the house.

5. And the Sirius XM request is just as the above. TiVo has such the potential to be the end all control of a persons AV system. With more and more "plug in play" ports coming out on the new equipment I can see this possible in the next ten years.

Its just my wish list that would work great with my system I am sure very few people care. Bottom line is I want TiVo to turn from a cute fuzzy plush toy to a monster controlling demon!

Ryan

POST #9 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

granoff is offline Old Post 06-13-2004 12:42 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for granoff Visit granoff's homepage! Find more posts by granoff Add granoff to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
granoff

quote:
1.The reason I would like to view home movies ready at anytime is it usually when you have company over and they ask how was the vacation etc you could pull them up with the push of a few buttons. I can do this now with my photos and HMO. Who really likes pulling the camera out hooking it up every time you want to watch a home video? I do burn them to DVD and put them in the changer right now but would like to stream them off the server.

Amen, brother. This is exactly what I'm waiting for. I've got my fingers crossed that we see it "real soon now."

-Mark

100Mbit Wired Ethernet w/ Netgear USB 2.0 FA-120 Adapters
Waiting for PC-to-TiVo video capability and true web-based access...

POST #10 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

smak is offline Old Post 06-13-2004 03:58 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for smak Find more posts by smak Add smak to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
smak
new glossy edition

Without the dongle, I think a Mac solution will be easier...

I think the PC solution will be "official" and the Mac solution unofficial, but I'm sure there will be one.

-smak-

1. Buy
2. Complain
3. Research
4. Apologize

Come visit us at TC Poker Community

www.tcpokercommunity.com

POST #11 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Bigg is offline Old Post 06-13-2004 10:38 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Bigg Find more posts by Bigg Add Bigg to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bigg
Advanced Member

get one of those media mvp things, put the nideo on the pc make it mpeg2 and you're all set for like $100. of, just show it with a laptop.

POST #12 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged