TiVo Community Forum Archive 1
READ ONLY ARCHIVES

Welcome to the TiVo Community Forum Archive
This archive covers threads on TiVo Community Forum that have not been posted to from the start until June 30, 2004.  Any thread that has a post made to it between 7/1/04 and 12/31/05, that had not been posted to, will be found in Archive 2.
This is a READ ONLY site.

Search | ARCHIVE 2 | MAIN SITE

TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.8 TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo
>>> home media connection question... <<<

Forum Jump:
Search this Thread:
Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread ---> Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
scottk52 is offline Old Post 06-12-2004 10:34 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for scottk52 Find more posts by scottk52 Add scottk52 to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
scottk52

home media connection question...

can't I just plug in via my ethernet card ( just like I do for XBOX live)?
What is the easiest way to get HM working without setting up a router, is it even possible? Don't really wanna buy hardware just for the HM, I only got 1 tv, and 1 tivo. Just intrested in remote scheduling. And I wanna check out the software.
thanks in advance

POST #1 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

dirtypacman is offline Old Post 06-14-2004 06:43 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for dirtypacman Visit dirtypacman's homepage! Find more posts by dirtypacman Add dirtypacman to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dirtypacman
Best in Class

I believe you must follow the directions that tivo has to set up HMO. Including having it linked to a router.

All together you should only have to spend about $75 to get HMO working. Buy cheap 4 port router on ebay $20-30 bucks. Get ethernet adapter $30 and 1 ethernet line your set to go.

1) TIVO Series 2 225 Hour (Upgraded) w/monthly service
2) PIONEER #810H-S (Un-modified)
3) TIVO Series 2 80 Hour (Un-modified)
(#2/3) with Lifetime + networked

HD Comcast /Digital Comcast

Network through Verizon DSL
w/Belkin Router and (2) LinkSys USB200M ethernet adapter

POST #2 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

ewilts is offline Old Post 06-19-2004 09:04 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for ewilts Visit ewilts's homepage! Find more posts by ewilts Add ewilts to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ewilts

For remote scheduling, you don't need any more hardware - the regular phone system will work. Just connect to the TiVo web site and schedule from there and eventually your TiVo will dial in and pick up the request. If you're Internet-connected, you'll pick up the request in under an hour but if you're phone-connected, it will obviously be a day or more.

To play with the rest of the software, you'll need to connect up either a hard-wired Ethernet connect or wireless. I picked up a wireless package from Sam's club for $80 that included a 4-port switch with wireless, and a USB wireless adapter.

POST #3 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

scottk52 is offline Old Post 06-20-2004 01:25 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for scottk52 Find more posts by scottk52 Add scottk52 to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
scottk52

thanks for the replys, Thinking about going for it, but is it really
worth it?

How do you guys like the home media option?
Does it work like it should, any horror stories?
thanks in advance

POST #4 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

mdscott is offline Old Post 06-20-2004 01:33 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for mdscott Visit mdscott's homepage! Find more posts by mdscott Add mdscott to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
mdscott
TiVo Forum Special Member

We have found the Home Media Features to be a great addition to our TiVo capability. Our particular likes are Multi-room Viewing and music & photos. We listen to KCRW, Santa Monica -- connect thru iTunes and play on our AV sound system and let our grandchildren in California access the photos on our Pittsburgh Mac.

I have used remote scheduling very rarely.

Horror stories -- I have none but searching the board will let find where folks have had difficulty.

mds

Mac G4 867 OS X 10.3.7

POST #5 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

kenez is offline Old Post 06-20-2004 08:17 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for kenez Find more posts by kenez Add kenez to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
kenez

Here is an odd thing I discovered about multi-room viewing. I would be interested to see if anyone else has experienced the same thing. When I transfer a recorded television show everthing works properly. However, if I transfer non-tv material from the hard drive such as home video from a VCR or camcorder only the video transfers - no audio. Is this a known technical glitch or am I the only one who has run into this? Thanks.

POST #6 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged