TiVo Community Forum Archive 1
READ ONLY ARCHIVES

Welcome to the TiVo Community Forum Archive
This archive covers threads on TiVo Community Forum that have not been posted to from the start until June 30, 2004.  Any thread that has a post made to it between 7/1/04 and 12/31/05, that had not been posted to, will be found in Archive 2.
This is a READ ONLY site.

Search | ARCHIVE 2 | MAIN SITE

TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.8 TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo
>>> Flakey wireless adapter <<<

Forum Jump:
Search this Thread:
Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread ---> Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
solinari6 is offline Old Post 06-12-2004 09:11 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for solinari6 Find more posts by solinari6 Add solinari6 to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
solinari6

Flakey wireless adapter

Hi All,

I decided to go out and pick up a wireless USB adapter, since the home media option is free now. I picked up the Netgear MA111, since it was on sale at best buy for $29.99 (after $20 rebate).

At first, it worked perfectly! I got it set up, and was browsing pictures and music in no time. When I went back to use it again, though, the Tivo said that there was no network adapter installed. So I unplugged the adapter, plugged it back in, and then had to re-do all the config. Then it worked again.

Now it seems like I have to do this everytime I want to use the option. Tivo "forgets" it has a wireless adapter after about 10 minutes. Has anyone seen this before? Is it a problem with the adapter? Would I have better luck with the Linksys?

Thanks!

POST #1 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

txGeekGod is offline Old Post 06-13-2004 12:06 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for txGeekGod Find more posts by txGeekGod Add txGeekGod to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
txGeekGod

FWIW, I am experiencing exactly the same thing.

I tried the adapter on a laptop and ran for almost 2 hours with no disconnect, so I conclude it's not inherently the adapter.

I've tried running w/o WEP and with, same story.

My TiVo is a Series 2 80 hr, s/w rev. 4.0.1b.

TIA!
Bill

(Great forums, btw!)

POST #2 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

solinari6 is offline Old Post 06-17-2004 09:45 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for solinari6 Find more posts by solinari6 Add solinari6 to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
solinari6

Thumbs up

Just a quick follow-up:

Never did get the MA111 to work reliably. I ended up returning it and picking up the supported Linksys device, and it works like a dream!

Now I can finally get rid of my land phone line!

POST #3 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged