TiVo Community Forum Archive 1
READ ONLY ARCHIVES

Welcome to the TiVo Community Forum Archive
This archive covers threads on TiVo Community Forum that have not been posted to from the start until June 30, 2004.  Any thread that has a post made to it between 7/1/04 and 12/31/05, that had not been posted to, will be found in Archive 2.
This is a READ ONLY site.

Search | ARCHIVE 2 | MAIN SITE

TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.8 TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo
>>> HMO MP3 File Limit? <<<

Forum Jump:
Search this Thread:
Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread ---> Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
land8432 is offline Old Post 06-15-2004 12:43 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for land8432 Find more posts by land8432 Add land8432 to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
land8432

HMO MP3 File Limit?

Does anyone know if there is a limit on the amount of MP3 files Tivo can handle? I have about 500 CDís (11k files) published with the Tivo desktop software. When scrolling through the directories within Tivo, I get a disconnect error after the first 100 or so. I thought it may be the wireless connection but I get the same message when I plug my Tivo directly into my network. Any ideas?

POST #1 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Hunter Green is offline Old Post 06-15-2004 02:22 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Hunter Green Visit Hunter Green's homepage! Find more posts by Hunter Green Add Hunter Green to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Hunter Green
Curmudgeon

There is a limit in how many you can have TiVo deal with at one time -- i.e., in a single folder, or in a single playlist. But there's no fixed number; it varies from person to person depending on how their computer is set up.

POST #2 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

morac is offline Old Post 06-16-2004 04:20 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for morac Find more posts by morac Add morac to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
morac
Advanced Member

If you are using the TiVo Desktop software and have the restrict access functionality on (I don't remember it's exact name) set it to allow all TiVos to connect.

Enablng access contron can cause the disconnects you are seeing do to a design flaw.

POST #3 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged