TiVo Community Forum Archive 1
READ ONLY ARCHIVES

Welcome to the TiVo Community Forum Archive
This archive covers threads on TiVo Community Forum that have not been posted to from the start until June 30, 2004.  Any thread that has a post made to it between 7/1/04 and 12/31/05, that had not been posted to, will be found in Archive 2.
This is a READ ONLY site.

Search | ARCHIVE 2 | MAIN SITE

TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.8 TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo
>>> HMO: streams or stores? <<<

Forum Jump:
Search this Thread:
Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread ---> Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
chris7024 is offline Old Post 06-16-2004 12:03 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for chris7024 Find more posts by chris7024 Add chris7024 to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
chris7024

HMO: streams or stores?

Pardon my ignorance but I am having a difficult time understanding how HMO functions. Is it just used to stream MP3's from a computer, or can you actually download copies of the MP3 files to the hardrive so that they can be accessed later w/out using the computer?

I would think it is the later (the MP3s and pictures are stored on the hard drive) but I keep running into posts that talk about "streaming" music to the TiVo. There are times when my notebook computer won't be available but I would still want to be able to access the songs. Also, the TiVo will eventually have a much larger hard drive than my notebook so it would make sense to store the bulk of the music there rather than take up space on my computer's small 40 gig drive. The same goes for my digital picture collection.

Thanks for your help!

POST #1 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

dirtypacman is offline Old Post 06-16-2004 12:08 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for dirtypacman Visit dirtypacman's homepage! Find more posts by dirtypacman Add dirtypacman to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dirtypacman
Best in Class

It is streamed off your computer- so from what I understand you have to have access to your computer.

I believe the MRV is a download into the hard drive.

1) TIVO Series 2 225 Hour (Upgraded) w/monthly service
2) PIONEER #810H-S (Un-modified)
3) TIVO Series 2 80 Hour (Un-modified)
(#2/3) with Lifetime + networked

HD Comcast /Digital Comcast

Network through Verizon DSL
w/Belkin Router and (2) LinkSys USB200M ethernet adapter

POST #2 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Turtleboy is offline Old Post 06-16-2004 02:52 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Turtleboy Find more posts by Turtleboy Add Turtleboy to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Turtleboy

Re: HMO: streams or stores?

quote:
Originally posted by chris7024
Pardon my ignorance but I am having a difficult time understanding how HMO functions. Is it just used to stream MP3's from a computer, or can you actually download copies of the MP3 files to the hardrive so that they can be accessed later w/out using the computer?

I would think it is the later (the MP3s and pictures are stored on the hard drive)

It's the former.

POST #3 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

chris7024 is offline Old Post 06-17-2004 11:24 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for chris7024 Find more posts by chris7024 Add chris7024 to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
chris7024

hmmmm ... that is disappointing. I guess I don't see any need for this feature now. Especially if the Airport Express is just around the corner and I can just stream music to my receiver directly.

Having some photos stored on there would have been nice though.

Well, thanks for the information.

POST #4 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged