TiVo Community Forum Archive 1
READ ONLY ARCHIVES

Welcome to the TiVo Community Forum Archive
This archive covers threads on TiVo Community Forum that have not been posted to from the start until June 30, 2004.  Any thread that has a post made to it between 7/1/04 and 12/31/05, that had not been posted to, will be found in Archive 2.
This is a READ ONLY site.

Search | ARCHIVE 2 | MAIN SITE

TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.8 TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo UK
>>> What is your oldest recording on Now Playing? <<<
What is your oldest recording on Now Playing?
This poll is closed.
Upto a week 4 3.01%
Upto a month 12 9.02%
Upto six months (Unwatched) 25 18.80%
Upto six months (Archived) 2 1.50%
More than six months (Unwatched) 42 31.58%
More than six months (Archived) 48 36.09%
Total: 133 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Pages (2): [1] 2 Next »  
Forum Jump:
Search this Thread:
Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread ---> Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Donny is offline Old Post 06-16-2004 06:13 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Donny Find more posts by Donny Add Donny to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Donny

What is your oldest recording on Now Playing?

I am interested in how long people retain programmes on Now Playing. I suggest that the general concept of TiVo is to choose when you watch a programme but the expectation is still to watch them quickly (TiVo has the two day default retention rule).

So how old are some of the recordings on your Now Playing List. In answering this may I suggest you consider the following:

1) Only consider programs you are deliberately retaining. It may be you have older programs simply because you let TiVo do all the housekeeping and let it delete an unwanted programme only when it needs the space.

2) Multiple TiVo owners select the oldest across those TiVo's

3) The category "Archived" means you are keeping a previously watched program. The category "Unwatched" means you have yet to watch the program.

4) Where you fall in to both the "Unwatched" and "Archived" categories select Unwatched.

5) Doesn't necessarily need to be "todays" situation. Can be a typical way you normally use TiVo

Don.

POST #1 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Fatbloke is offline Old Post 06-16-2004 06:24 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Fatbloke Visit Fatbloke's homepage! Find more posts by Fatbloke Add Fatbloke to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Fatbloke
Advanced Member

Here's my oldest archive:

Episode Title : Pop Idol - The Live Concert

Episode Description : Ant and Dec introduce Will Young, Gareth Gates and the other `Pop Idol' finalists performing live on the final night of their nationwide tour, with some exclusive backstage peeks. Songs include `Evergreen', `Unchained Melody' and `It's Not Unusual'.

Original Air Date Sat 27th Apr 2002

Wonder if it'll ever be watched again..

FB

120G TiVo 6023 Airnet enabled. NTL PACE 1000 Cable Box. Sony KV32FX60 Tv. Pinnacle Showcenter. Netgem Iplayer DTV
See my UK TiVo upgrade diary - now including Cachecard install, Disk upgrades, Airnet install, Tivoweb and Mobile Tivo

POST #2 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

cwaring is offline Old Post 06-16-2004 07:34 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for cwaring Visit cwaring's homepage! Find more posts by cwaring Add cwaring to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
cwaring
TiVo Forum Special Member

26/2/2003
"Same Difference", ITV Yorks
A documentary. The only reason it's on there is because I'm in it, playing 'person on bus' in the dramatisation part of it

Until recently, I had both versions of the "Buffy" musical episode from when it was shown on BBC2 the December before.

Tivo User since April 2002
38h 'Best' Quality (120gb Upgrade)
Telewest Active Digital with Pace 1000 STB
My Personal Web Site / Unofficial Telewest Info Site / Tivo Manuals and TV Ads

POST #3 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

sanderton is offline Old Post 06-16-2004 07:48 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for sanderton Visit sanderton's homepage! Find more posts by sanderton Add sanderton to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
sanderton
TiVoer since 11/2000

Have unwatched stuff, but archiving is what DVDs are for!

Check out my hacks, including intelligent automatic padding, background re-prioritise Season Passes in TiVoWeb, make your TiVo send you a daily status e-mail, and other stuff we can't talk about on TC here TiVos: 110Gb + Sky + CacheCard, 160Gb + Freeview + CacheCard, 110Gb + just network (Turbonet & 802.11g)

POST #4 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

mjk is offline Old Post 06-16-2004 09:45 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for mjk Find more posts by mjk Add mjk to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
mjk
Lurker

Of course, for those with TiVoWeb/Undelete, Dossa and Joe is still lurking there on the disk!!!!!!

POST #5 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Paul555 is offline Old Post 06-17-2004 12:33 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Paul555 Find more posts by Paul555 Add Paul555 to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Paul555

quote:
Originally posted by cwaring
26/2/2003

Until recently, I had both versions of the "Buffy" musical episode from when it was shown on BBC2 the December before.

Me too, this is my oldest recording.

POST #6 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

woody is offline Old Post 06-17-2004 12:45 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for woody Find more posts by woody Add woody to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
woody
TiVo Forum Special Member

quote:
Originally posted by mjk
Of course, for those with TiVoWeb/Undelete, Dossa and Joe is still lurking there on the disk!!!!!!

I didn't know you were allowed to mention that program on here

One For All URC7562, skyeye T-IR reddot remover

POST #7 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

mjk is offline Old Post 06-17-2004 12:56 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for mjk Find more posts by mjk Add mjk to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
mjk
Lurker

Like the poor, it will always be with us!!

POST #8 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

terryeden is offline Old Post 06-17-2004 01:10 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for terryeden Find more posts by terryeden Add terryeden to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
terryeden

HIGNFY

I've got the HIGNFY from Oct31st a few years back. It was the first one after Angus went walkies. I keep it because my friends and I were at the recording and it was fantastic.

I think the olderst unwatched programme is probably Platoon from a year or so ago. Knowing my luck I'll have missed the last 5 minutes!

POST #9 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

digital_S is offline Old Post 06-17-2004 01:20 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for digital_S Visit digital_S's homepage! Find more posts by digital_S Add digital_S to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
digital_S

My oldest recording is a film called "Atomic Train" with an Original Air Date of 11th Auguest 2002.

I have loads of "yellow circles with exclamation marks!", and a few films that i want to keep, as all green circles.

POST #10 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

mike0151 is offline Old Post 06-17-2004 03:23 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for mike0151 Visit mike0151's homepage! Find more posts by mike0151 Add mike0151 to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
mike0151
A Friend of Dot

I have Galaxy Quest from 16th May, whatever year it was shown for the second time. I also have Chicken Run from it's second showing.

Both of these are also on my original disk(s) from when they were first shown (disks now boxed and on the shelf as an ultimate backup).

Some are keep until I delete, some are not, I just make sure that I keep the disks at about 60/40 % full/empty so nothing is deleted by my TiVos and I have control. Just call me a control freak LOL.

POST #11 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Zaichik is offline Old Post 06-17-2004 04:03 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Zaichik Find more posts by Zaichik Add Zaichik to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Zaichik

I have a couple of recordings that are over two years old, and the weird thing is that each time the anniversary has come round, the title of the programme in Now Playing has changed to that title of the show that was on at the same time on the same channel a year later.

POST #12 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

George is offline Old Post 06-17-2004 04:07 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for George Find more posts by George Add George to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
George
Yet another member

I watch and delete, most things are repeated if I want to watch them again anyway, the oldest recordings I have are 2 episodes of "The Prisoner" from last Friday! I have decided to keep them - and it may just prompt me to do some "other" things with my Turbonet card

George

POST #13 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

xxxx is offline Old Post 06-17-2004 07:10 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for xxxx Find more posts by xxxx Add xxxx to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
xxxx

I have all the Hancock episodes from BBC7 archived back to November last year. At some point I will do the e-word on them, remove the static video and turn them into mp3 files at which time I shall delete them from the Tivo.

POST #14 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Gavin is offline Old Post 06-17-2004 07:50 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Gavin Find more posts by Gavin Add Gavin to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Gavin

THE WINGS OF HONNEAMISE from Sci Fi Channel over a year ago. I want to watch it but theres too many other things to do.

I also have A very peculiar practice on there, from Xmas time. I either will watch it again, copy them to a dvd or video tape (and watch them again in the process) or just go and buy the DVD set, although I really want the 2nd series and the polish practice, so might wait until there both out..

POST #15 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

aerialplug is offline Old Post 06-17-2004 08:07 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for aerialplug Visit aerialplug's homepage! Find more posts by aerialplug Add aerialplug to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
aerialplug
Expert TiVo User

quote:
Originally posted by digital_S
My oldest recording is a film called "Atomic Train" with an Original Air Date of 11th Auguest 2002.

Darn - you just beat me! My oldest recording is an episode of the Living TV series Most Haunted which featured Aldwych Underground Station, recorded on 3rd September 2002. I'm not really into ghosts and things like that - but I am interested in abandoned tube stations and this programme really captured the atmosphere of the location.

See my web site for more info on disused tube stations.

POST #16 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Adlopa is offline Old Post 06-17-2004 10:14 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Adlopa Find more posts by Adlopa Add Adlopa to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Adlopa

A music video from the Q Channel, recorded Wed 26th Feb 2002... All five minutes of it.

My next oldest recording was a showing of Battle Royale from about 18 months ago. When I eventually sat down to watch it last weekend, I discovered that it was another program entirely. Good old Sci Fi channel and/or Tribune...

POST #17 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Quinten is offline Old Post 06-18-2004 01:14 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Quinten Visit Quinten's homepage! Find more posts by Quinten Add Quinten to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Quinten
dutch tivo bloke

Bob the Builder - A Christmas to Remember
Original Air Date: 23rd Dec 2002

POST #18 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

clayts is offline Old Post 06-18-2004 04:23 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for clayts Visit clayts's homepage! Find more posts by clayts Add clayts to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
clayts

Rugby World Cup Final (plus On the Ball because it over-ran)
The Bill pilot episode (Woodentops) shown on ITV2 in October last year.

Both awaiting my purchasing a decent DVD recorder - I haven't the heart to archive either to VHS

POST #19 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

alle v is offline Old Post 06-18-2004 03:36 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for alle v Find more posts by alle v Add alle v to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
alle v
Pro wiggler

...Still to watch:

Last two episodes of Millenium
Office Xmas Specials (Not yet watched the 1st two series yet!)

Couple of other things I can't quite remember

POST #20 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged