TiVo Community Forum Archive 1
READ ONLY ARCHIVES

Welcome to the TiVo Community Forum Archive
This archive covers threads on TiVo Community Forum that have not been posted to from the start until June 30, 2004.  Any thread that has a post made to it between 7/1/04 and 12/31/05, that had not been posted to, will be found in Archive 2.
This is a READ ONLY site.

Search | ARCHIVE 2 | MAIN SITE

TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.8 TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo
>>> Can't find/play mp3s anymore ever since HMO became free <<<

Forum Jump:
Search this Thread:
Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread ---> Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
harperg is offline Old Post 06-18-2004 05:56 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for harperg Find more posts by harperg Add harperg to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
harperg

Question Can't find/play mp3s anymore ever since HMO became free

This is weird, but a few days ago my Series 2 had to be restarted after a daily update, and I'm assuming it was to update the software to make HMO available & free for everyone (I have my own gripe about that, but now's not the time for it). Ever since then, when I go to "Music & Photos", the option to look at and play "Default Music" on my PC is no longer there!! Now, I know it still connects to the network and that the signal strength of my wireless adapter is fine (so, my adapter sees the network and everything fine), so what could the problem be. I tried restarting it again, but still no go. And yes, the TiVo software on my PC shows the "TiVo server" has been started and that I do have MP3s "published". Also, no settings for my router or PC have been changed in the past couple of weeks.

Has this happened to anyone else here, and what would anyone suggest I do? Thanks for any help & suggestions!

POST #1 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

rsnaider is offline Old Post 06-18-2004 08:56 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for rsnaider Find more posts by rsnaider Add rsnaider to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
rsnaider
TiVo Forum Special Member

Double check the settings in the TiVo desktop that allow individual boxes to receive content. Since your TiVo restarted it's IP address may have changed and depending on how you have security setup in the Desktop Client, it may no longer see that TiVo.

TiVo | SERlES2 - 302 Hrs
TiVo | SONY SVR3000 - 273 Hrs

POST #2 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

harperg is offline Old Post 06-18-2004 09:32 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for harperg Find more posts by harperg Add harperg to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
harperg

Thanks for the reply. I did, however, also check the TiVo Server Proprties in the desktop software, and all DVRs are allowed to access published media files. Plus, the IP address for the TiVo matches what's shown there, as well. I even double-checked my router's settings to make sure it still saw the TiVo and it's IP addy, and it does. So, I guess it's back to the drawing board.

POST #3 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

harperg is offline Old Post 06-19-2004 03:07 PM
harperg

I'm not sure what happened, but I got it to work again. I rebooted my PC (which is something that was done a number of times prior), and TiVo now sees the mp3 files. Like I said, I'm not sure why this got fixed with a reboot THIS time around and not before, but I won't knock it while it's working! Thanks for your help also, rsnaider!

POST #4 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged