TiVo Community Forum Archive 1
READ ONLY ARCHIVES

Welcome to the TiVo Community Forum Archive
This archive covers threads on TiVo Community Forum that have not been posted to from the start until June 30, 2004.  Any thread that has a post made to it between 7/1/04 and 12/31/05, that had not been posted to, will be found in Archive 2.
This is a READ ONLY site.

Search | ARCHIVE 2 | MAIN SITE

TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.8 TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 > Main TiVo Forums > HDTV TiVo Powered PVRs
>>> CC Go Get em <<<

Pages (9): « Prev 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 Next » ... Last »  
Forum Jump:
Search this Thread:
Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread ---> Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
videojanitor is offline Old Post 06-19-2004 02:10 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for videojanitor Find more posts by videojanitor Add videojanitor to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
videojanitor
TV Engineering Guy

Re: Finally

quote:
Originally posted by mcwhlman
I was online yesterday and they were sold out but I put one in the shopping cart anyway lucky lucky lucky.

I've had one in my shopping cart since the last June 3rd window. I'd check on it every now and again, just see if maybe it would become "available," but it never did. Then when I saw this thread, I just went into the cart and continued the check-out!

--Bill R.

POST #41 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

unixadm is offline Old Post 06-19-2004 02:11 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for unixadm Visit unixadm's homepage! Find more posts by unixadm Add unixadm to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
unixadm

Got my confirmation email, and tracking number!

"If you're dumb, surround yourself with smart people.
If you're smart, surround yourself with smart people who disagree with you."

POST #42 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Fata|Fact is offline Old Post 06-19-2004 02:14 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Fata|Fact Find more posts by Fata|Fact Add Fata|Fact to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Fata|Fact

Looks like 22 orders just in this thread alone!!

POST #43 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

videojanitor is offline Old Post 06-19-2004 02:21 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for videojanitor Find more posts by videojanitor Add videojanitor to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
videojanitor
TV Engineering Guy

I wonder how many units it would take to quench the thirst on this forum? If they received, oh let's just say, 500 units -- and everyone on this board that wanted one ordered one, do you think that would pretty much end the drought, at least as far as this online community goes?

--Bill R.

POST #44 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Fata|Fact is offline Old Post 06-19-2004 02:26 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Fata|Fact Find more posts by Fata|Fact Add Fata|Fact to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Fata|Fact

thats an interesting question video.. I'd like to see as many people get them here as possible. I can hear the waiting lists getting shorter and shorter...

POST #45 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Tusk is offline Old Post 06-19-2004 02:27 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Tusk Find more posts by Tusk Add Tusk to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Tusk

Well, still no confirmation, but the FedEx site shows that it was picked up in Marion, IL with scheduled delivery Tuesday by 4:30.

That is a pretty fast turnaround.

POST #46 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Obie3612 is offline Old Post 06-19-2004 02:27 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Obie3612 Find more posts by Obie3612 Add Obie3612 to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Obie3612

I got mine at 4:09. No email or CC site confirm yet.

POST #47 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Fata|Fact is offline Old Post 06-19-2004 02:30 AM
Fata|Fact

Make this a 2-hour long window...

POST #48 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Golfjackal is offline Old Post 06-19-2004 02:32 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Golfjackal Find more posts by Golfjackal Add Golfjackal to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Golfjackal

Mine already shows that it has been picked up by FedEx. I ordered an hour and a half ago.

POST #49 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

CalypsoCowboy is offline Old Post 06-19-2004 02:44 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for CalypsoCowboy Visit CalypsoCowboy's homepage! Find more posts by CalypsoCowboy Add CalypsoCowboy to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
CalypsoCowboy

Dang, the only reason I want to buy one is to resell it on Ebay. Must resist.

POST #50 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

BrianCT is offline Old Post 06-19-2004 02:45 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for BrianCT Find more posts by BrianCT Add BrianCT to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
BrianCT

I used to prefer BB over CC, but not anymore! I too have a confirmed Tuesday delivery....looks like CC expected the rush, and were fully prepared to handle it. Great job CC!!

POST #51 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

BrianCT is offline Old Post 06-19-2004 02:46 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for BrianCT Find more posts by BrianCT Add BrianCT to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
BrianCT

I wouldnt do it, Calypso....the backlog is almost over, and I foresee many people being stuck with units as the preordering is catching up...I feel sorry for those who paid $2000-2500 now!

POST #52 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Dean Martin is offline Old Post 06-19-2004 02:46 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Dean Martin Find more posts by Dean Martin Add Dean Martin to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dean Martin

Ordered mine waiting for confirmation email.

POST #53 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

tomr is offline Old Post 06-19-2004 02:46 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for tomr Find more posts by tomr Add tomr to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
tomr
HDTivo and love'n it

quote:
Originally posted by videojanitor
I wonder how many units it would take to quench the thirst on this forum? If they received, oh let's just say, 500 units -- and everyone on this board that wanted one ordered one, do you think that would pretty much end the drought, at least as far as this online community goes?

--Bill R.

Based on VE's pre-order list I would think 500 would make a very large dent and 1000 should just about do it.
He did say he had 2200 (IIRC) preorders but many have cancelled.

POST #54 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

videojanitor is offline Old Post 06-19-2004 02:49 AM
videojanitor
TV Engineering Guy

quote:
Originally posted by BrianCT
I too have a confirmed Tuesday delivery

Hey Brian! Where are you guys getting these "confirmations?" When you check your order status on the CC website? When I check mine, all it says is: Ordered: 06/18/04 03:47:35 PM

Maybe that's because I cheaped-out and went with the free shipping? I can wait a few extra days, as long as I know it's on the way!

--Bill R.

POST #55 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

BrianCT is offline Old Post 06-19-2004 02:50 AM
BrianCT

Yes Bill, they havent prepared a tracking # for yours yet, they did for those that were shipped via Fed-Ex air....you should see your tracking # on Monday or Tuesday I would bet.....the # will be on the right side of your order, cant miss it!

POST #56 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

videojanitor is offline Old Post 06-19-2004 02:51 AM
videojanitor
TV Engineering Guy

quote:
Originally posted by tomr
Based on VE's pre-order list I would think 500 would make a very large dent and 1000 should just about do it.

That sounds about right. Assuming this window is still open, we could be witnessing the proverbial bursting of the dam right now ...

--Bill R.

POST #57 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

CalypsoCowboy is offline Old Post 06-19-2004 02:51 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for CalypsoCowboy Visit CalypsoCowboy's homepage! Find more posts by CalypsoCowboy Add CalypsoCowboy to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
CalypsoCowboy

Wow, I'm still suprised they are available.

Personally, I'm holding out for a ReplayHDTV, but I don't even think you could call that vapor ware, it's more like nevergonnahappenware.

POST #58 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

robertogag is offline Old Post 06-19-2004 02:53 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for robertogag Visit robertogag's homepage! Find more posts by robertogag Add robertogag to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
robertogag
Roberto Garcia

MMMHHH

more than 2 hours available??

Is that real?
Maybe this is a website error. no?

POST #59 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

litzdog911 is offline Old Post 06-19-2004 02:56 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for litzdog911 Find more posts by litzdog911 Add litzdog911 to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
litzdog911
TiVo Forum Special Member

quote:
Originally posted by robertogag
MMMHHH

more than 2 hours available??

Is that real?
Maybe this is a website error. no?

CC has done a great job of limiting their web orders to stock they actually had available. They must have gotten a BIG shipment this time!

Sony SAT-A4 Receiver (Bedroom)
Sony SAT-B4 Receiver (Rec Room)
Sony KV-40XBR800 HDTV
Sony STR-DA4ES Dolby Digital Receiver

POST #60 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged