TiVo Community Forum Archive 1
READ ONLY ARCHIVES

Welcome to the TiVo Community Forum Archive
This archive covers threads on TiVo Community Forum that have not been posted to from the start until June 30, 2004.  Any thread that has a post made to it between 7/1/04 and 12/31/05, that had not been posted to, will be found in Archive 2.
This is a READ ONLY site.

Search | ARCHIVE 2 | MAIN SITE

TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.8 TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo UK
>>> Tivo web?? <<<

Forum Jump:
Search this Thread:
Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread ---> Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
shane649 is offline Old Post 06-19-2004 05:02 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for shane649 Find more posts by shane649 Add shane649 to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
shane649

Tivo web??

Hi There,
Would somebody explain to me what is tivoweb? and how can I access it with my turbonet card.
Thanks in advance for all help.

POST #1 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

blindlemon is offline Old Post 06-19-2004 05:28 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for blindlemon Visit blindlemon's homepage! Find more posts by blindlemon Add blindlemon to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
blindlemon
Knackered Member

TiVoWeb is a web application that runs on your TiVo and lets you control it via a browser.

Once you have network access to your TiVo you can install TiVoWeb in about 10 minutes. Have a look at Steve Jenkins' site for a howto and downloads of all the files you need.

POST #2 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

shane649 is offline Old Post 06-19-2004 06:46 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for shane649 Find more posts by shane649 Add shane649 to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
shane649

I have managed to access tivo web via my browser, when I search by title etc I get an internal server error, is this normal? Also is it possible to programme my tivo to record etc from my browser? I can control the remote function from my pc when in front of the tv but how do I conrtol it without the aid of the tv?

POST #3 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Fatbloke is offline Old Post 06-19-2004 02:26 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Fatbloke Visit Fatbloke's homepage! Find more posts by Fatbloke Add Fatbloke to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Fatbloke
Advanced Member

Sounds like you haven't made the UK specific changes you need to do on UK Tivos. One of these days it'll be made clear that this needs to be done

Check out the tivoweb section in my link - it shows how to fix your problem. (go to part 3). The link to the file needed is in part 1.

FB

120G TiVo 6023 Airnet enabled. NTL PACE 1000 Cable Box. Sony KV32FX60 Tv. Pinnacle Showcenter. Netgem Iplayer DTV
See my UK TiVo upgrade diary - now including Cachecard install, Disk upgrades, Airnet install, Tivoweb and Mobile Tivo

POST #4 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Paul Stimpson is offline Old Post 06-19-2004 08:08 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Paul Stimpson Find more posts by Paul Stimpson Add Paul Stimpson to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Paul Stimpson

Have you tried TivoWebPlus? http://tivo.fp2000.org/twp/ It worked fine for me from day one with no adjustments needed.

Cheers,
Paul.

POST #5 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

pauljs is offline Old Post 06-20-2004 08:25 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for pauljs Find more posts by pauljs Add pauljs to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
pauljs

quote:
Originally posted by Paul Stimpson
Have you tried TivoWebPlus? http://tivo.fp2000.org/twp/ It worked fine for me from day one with no adjustments needed.

Cheers,
Paul.

I tried Tivoweb plus but found that when I accessed it my tivo would jump flutter on playback, quite badly.

Not sure why as I don't get that on the regular Tivoweb

POST #6 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Paul Stimpson is offline Old Post 06-20-2004 10:19 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Paul Stimpson Find more posts by Paul Stimpson Add Paul Stimpson to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Paul Stimpson

I see what you mean about the playback disturbance. Is there a "nice" command or equivalent on the TiVo that can be used to deprioritise TWP and hopefully keep playback flowing?

Cheers,
Paul.

POST #7 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged