TiVo Community Forum Archive 1
READ ONLY ARCHIVES

Welcome to the TiVo Community Forum Archive
This archive covers threads on TiVo Community Forum that have not been posted to from the start until June 30, 2004.  Any thread that has a post made to it between 7/1/04 and 12/31/05, that had not been posted to, will be found in Archive 2.
This is a READ ONLY site.

Search | ARCHIVE 2 | MAIN SITE

TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.8 TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo
>>> HMO & MRV - TIVO's Da BALLS! <<<

Forum Jump:
Search this Thread:
Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread ---> Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
dirtypacman is offline Old Post 06-20-2004 06:36 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for dirtypacman Visit dirtypacman's homepage! Find more posts by dirtypacman Add dirtypacman to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dirtypacman
Best in Class

HMO & MRV - TIVO's Da BALLS!

I wanted to write this Thread to send my appreciation to TIVO and this Forum's administration.

I recently added a second tivo to my home, mainly for the option of Multi-room Viewing. I was extremely happy to have TIVO make HMO a standard option for all new Series 2. For a total cost of $105 I was able to purchase both usb adapters and a new router to accomplish this. I did the snake work for the ethernet wiring myself that also helped keep the cost down.

I remember setting up my first Tivo an 810H was not this easy but doing it a second time with my new tivo without any problems made me feel like a real pro. To my amazement I had both running HMO and active for MRV within 24 hours of having the unit setup. I did have one issue with my account that with help from this forum administration was straightened out immediately.

I cant express how happy I am with the new features. Streaming the recordings from one to the next seem to be in real time. I can start the transfer and watch immediately. This whole setup takes my recording options to a new level. I now can have 2 tuners recording at once, not so jealous over Direct TV 2 tuner tivos anymore, and be watching a recording -transfering a recording or just watching straight tv all at the same time.

The new MRV capabilities of my 2 tivos will make that Comcast bill a little less painful . I really feel Im getting my monies worth now but only with the additions of the tivo's to my home and the great options it has given me.

THANKS AGAIN TIVO AND TIVOCOMMUNITY!!!!!!

1) TIVO Series 2 225 Hour (Upgraded) w/monthly service
2) PIONEER #810H-S (Un-modified)
3) TIVO Series 2 80 Hour (Un-modified)
(#2/3) with Lifetime + networked

HD Comcast /Digital Comcast

Network through Verizon DSL
w/Belkin Router and (2) LinkSys USB200M ethernet adapter

Last edited by dirtypacman on 06-20-2004 at 08:06 PM

POST #1 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

dirtypacman is offline Old Post 06-20-2004 08:27 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for dirtypacman Visit dirtypacman's homepage! Find more posts by dirtypacman Add dirtypacman to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dirtypacman
Best in Class

BTW---- USB200M ethernet Adapters going for $25.98 no shipping charge at Amazon. That is a great price for a great product!!!

1) TIVO Series 2 225 Hour (Upgraded) w/monthly service
2) PIONEER #810H-S (Un-modified)
3) TIVO Series 2 80 Hour (Un-modified)
(#2/3) with Lifetime + networked

HD Comcast /Digital Comcast

Network through Verizon DSL
w/Belkin Router and (2) LinkSys USB200M ethernet adapter

POST #2 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Georgia Guy is offline Old Post 06-20-2004 09:33 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Georgia Guy Find more posts by Georgia Guy Add Georgia Guy to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Georgia Guy
Early Adapter

Good post...agtee 100%

quote:
Originally posted by dirtypacman
I wanted to write this Thread to send my appreciation to TIVO and this Forum's administration.
The new MRV capabilities of my 2 tivos will make that Comcast bill a little less painful . I really feel Im getting my monies worth now but only with the additions of the tivo's to my home and the great options it has given me.

THANKS AGAIN TIVO AND TIVOCOMMUNITY!!!!!!

I agree 100%. Adding MRV (and other hmo features) took the Tivo experience to a whole new level. It was not as big of a change as was moving from vcrs to Tivos, but its close. Wonderful to have multiple tuners, and multiple hard drives to store as much content as you want.

Television has never been so easy to control and manage as now.
Ditto to Tivo...good job!

Sony SVR-2000, 135 hours
3 Linksys USB200M's, Wired Ethernet
Comcast Motorola DCT6208 HD-DVR
Pan. DMR-HS2 DVD Recorder
Mits.HD2000U D-VHS Recorder

POST #3 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged