TiVo Community Forum Archive 1
READ ONLY ARCHIVES

Welcome to the TiVo Community Forum Archive
This archive covers threads on TiVo Community Forum that have not been posted to from the start until June 30, 2004.  Any thread that has a post made to it between 7/1/04 and 12/31/05, that had not been posted to, will be found in Archive 2.
This is a READ ONLY site.

Search | ARCHIVE 2 | MAIN SITE

TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.8 TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
>>> Six Feet Under 6/20 "In Case of Rapture" <<<

Pages (2): « Prev 1 [2]  
Forum Jump:
Search this Thread:
Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread ---> Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Frank_M is offline Old Post 06-22-2004 01:33 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Frank_M Find more posts by Frank_M Add Frank_M to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Frank_M

If Arthur had sent it, he'd have found a way to put his name on it.

I think it's from a member of George's estranged family.

POST #21 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

WinBear is offline Old Post 06-22-2004 01:46 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for WinBear Find more posts by WinBear Add WinBear to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
WinBear
13EEE

It almost certainly had to be hand-delivered. That stuff wouldn't have survived "in formation" without a lot of care being taken en route.

POST #22 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

cwoody222 is offline Old Post 06-22-2004 01:54 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for cwoody222 Find more posts by cwoody222 Add cwoody222 to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
cwoody222
TiVo Forum Special Member

quote:
Originally posted by cheerdude
Probably should of asked this in the season opener thread...

I watched Season 1 and loved it... Started to watch Season 2 and just didn't get into it as much and stopped.

With this season (it is #3, right) - can I start with the season opener and basically "catch up" with whats going on.... or do I need some sort of synopsis on what occured during the previous season?

Jeff

This is season 4.

If you've missed most of season 2 and all of season 3 I think you've missed too much. At least in my opinion.

As dswallow pointed out, the first episode did recap a lot of stuff but you're talking about missing 13-20 episodes. But that's a lot of episodes to recap in 2-3 minutes.

I personally found season 1 and 2 much better and different than season 3. 1 and 2 seemed more structured as every episode dealt with 1 single death at the Funeral Home and told it's story based on that.

Season 3 tended to get a lot more soap-opery.

Season 2 comes out on DVD the first week of July.

"whenever cwoody222 comes in and comments, it makes everything very clear" - drewman
"cwoody222 is so right-on it isn't funny" - esperantisto

POST #23 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

dswallow is offline Old Post 06-22-2004 01:59 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for dswallow Visit dswallow's homepage! Find more posts by dswallow Add dswallow to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dswallow
+258PC

quote:
Originally posted by cwoody222
This is season 4.

By my measure I think of this as season 2 1/2. These piddly 13-episode seasons are very unfulfilling.

TiVo Community Forum Member Posting Statistics (updated daily)
List your local digital television broadcast stations by direction/distance
AVSForum Local HDTV Info & Reception index by DMA/City

POST #24 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

ClutchBrake is offline Old Post 06-22-2004 02:11 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for ClutchBrake Visit ClutchBrake's homepage! Find more posts by ClutchBrake Add ClutchBrake to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ClutchBrake
Pass the gravy!

quote:
Originally posted by dswallow
These piddly 13-episode seasons are very unfulfilling.

Not nearly as unfulfilling as the 13 episode seasons of The Sopranos where 10 of the episodes are filler.

Bachelorhood: Life, liberty, and the happiness of pursuit.

POST #25 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Bananfish is offline Old Post 06-22-2004 02:25 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Bananfish Find more posts by Bananfish Add Bananfish to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bananfish
Preowned Member

quote:
Originally posted by ClutchBrake
To me having it come from Arthur might seem too obvious in the SFU universe. I hope it is from Arthur, as it is perfect that way, but it wouldn't surprise me if it leads somewhere else.

Now if it had come in a yogurt container...

Well, I guess what we have on our hands is a .... wait for it ..... wait for it .... wait for it .... a real who-dung-it!

Goodnight Topeka, drive safely and don't forget to tip your waitstaff.

LR/BR Rcvr: Hughes GXCEBOT DirecTiVo/DirecTV Director Pack
DVD/VCR: Philips Q50 DVD/JVC (cheapie)
HTIB: Onkyo HT-S650 (HT-R500 A/V rcvr + SKS-HT500 speakers)

POST #26 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

ClutchBrake is offline Old Post 06-22-2004 02:35 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for ClutchBrake Visit ClutchBrake's homepage! Find more posts by ClutchBrake Add ClutchBrake to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ClutchBrake
Pass the gravy!

quote:
Originally posted by Bananfish
Well, I guess what we have on our hands is a .... wait for it ..... wait for it .... wait for it .... a real who-dung-it!

Goodnight Topeka, drive safely and don't forget to tip your waitstaff.

That was definitely worth waiting for.

Bachelorhood: Life, liberty, and the happiness of pursuit.

POST #27 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

bullitt is offline Old Post 06-22-2004 05:42 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for bullitt Find more posts by bullitt Add bullitt to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
bullitt

Talking

quote:
Originally posted by iguru42
Do we all agree that it was Arthur's poop in the tupperware?

Absolutely, No Doubt about it.

POST #28 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

hawkamer is offline Old Post 06-22-2004 07:08 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for hawkamer Find more posts by hawkamer Add hawkamer to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
hawkamer
Super Duper Member

quote:
Originally posted by bullitt

What does Gwen Stefani have to do with this? Is Keith protecting her?

POST #29 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Marco is offline Old Post 06-23-2004 02:39 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Marco Find more posts by Marco Add Marco to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Marco
Malfeasor

quote:
Originally posted by dswallow
Best opening death since the frying pan.

It turns out that the death wasn't an entirely original idea.

Marc
1 HR10-250; 1xDSR6000, 1xDVR40; People evangelized to date: 19

I was halfway to Rivendell when the drugs began to kick in. -- Hunter S. Tolkien

POST #30 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

ReenieS is offline Old Post 06-23-2004 03:42 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for ReenieS Visit ReenieS's homepage! Find more posts by ReenieS Add ReenieS to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ReenieS
the Incorrigible

I thought it was quite good. As to the heart-shaped poop? It's amazing what you can load into a pastry bag for those interesting decorating chores! Definately Arthur.

Was Anyone else screaming "Shut Up, Nate!" at the television. I'm also waiting to see how long it takes for Rico to totally screw up his marriage....

POST #31 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

dswallow is offline Old Post 06-23-2004 03:45 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for dswallow Visit dswallow's homepage! Find more posts by dswallow Add dswallow to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dswallow
+258PC

quote:
Originally posted by ReenieS
I'm also waiting to see how long it takes for Rico to totally screw up his marriage....
After what he endured with his wife's sister, and what we endured with both his wife and her sister on the show, I'd be more than happy to see Rico's marriage end and for his wife (and her sister) to disappear from the series.

TiVo Community Forum Member Posting Statistics (updated daily)
List your local digital television broadcast stations by direction/distance
AVSForum Local HDTV Info & Reception index by DMA/City

POST #32 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

kdaveler is offline Old Post 06-24-2004 08:14 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for kdaveler Find more posts by kdaveler Add kdaveler to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
kdaveler
Always Happy Hour!

Sorry, I just watched this last night.

I was surprised nobody mentioned the new lesbian/bi American Beauty to the cast. She always makes me think of roses.

The guys poem was classic.

August 2004 Tivo Community Heads Up Hold'em Winner.

Last edited by kdaveler on 06-25-2004 at 12:18 AM

POST #33 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Bananfish is offline Old Post 06-24-2004 09:36 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Bananfish Find more posts by Bananfish Add Bananfish to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bananfish
Preowned Member

quote:
Originally posted by kdaveler
I was surprised nobody mentioned the new lesbian/bi American Beauty to the cast. She always makes me think of roses.

Mena Suvari, the actress to whom you refer, is definitely a hottie boombalottie. I'm anxiously hoping to see her seduce Claire over and over and over (I feel like I've earned it after sitting through all the intimate scenes between Keith and David.)

LR/BR Rcvr: Hughes GXCEBOT DirecTiVo/DirecTV Director Pack
DVD/VCR: Philips Q50 DVD/JVC (cheapie)
HTIB: Onkyo HT-S650 (HT-R500 A/V rcvr + SKS-HT500 speakers)

POST #34 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

marksman is offline Old Post 06-25-2004 06:49 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for marksman Find more posts by marksman Add marksman to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
marksman

quote:
Originally posted by ClutchBrake
I liked last night's episode. I couldn't believe how many times I found myself laughing.

I'll say this though, if I had to be around people like Claire and her friends I'd be miserable. What depressing and annoying people.

Yeah I found the last episode entertaining.

With the first episode of this year, and most of last year, it seems, the show was becoming overly-morbid. The backdrop can be depressing enough, but the whole show just dove headfirst off the precipice.. I was glad to get a laugh in several places of the show, as this is partly why I enjoyed the show to begin with.

Nothing wrong with the turn it took, I am just glad to see things easing up a bit.

POST #35 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

pcgrrll is offline Old Post 06-28-2004 06:49 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for pcgrrll Find more posts by pcgrrll Add pcgrrll to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
pcgrrll
Game Goddess

quote:
Originally posted by bullitt

Pretty sure it's Arthur's sh$$. During the yogurt scene, he was eating out of a Tupperware container that looked exactly the same as the one the poop arrived in. BTW, it was a Tupperware Stuffables container (w/expanding lid)

well, that's the best birthday morning surprise I could ever hope for that didn't involve pcgrrl's hubby, a butler's outfit, and a Slip-N-Slide. -Skittles

POST #36 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Marco is offline Old Post 06-28-2004 06:16 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Marco Find more posts by Marco Add Marco to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Marco
Malfeasor

quote:
Originally posted by pcgrrll
Pretty sure it's Arthur's sh$$.

I'm just as sure it's not. I think there's plenty of skeletons in George's closet.

Marc
1 HR10-250; 1xDSR6000, 1xDVR40; People evangelized to date: 19

I was halfway to Rivendell when the drugs began to kick in. -- Hunter S. Tolkien

POST #37 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged