TiVo Community Forum Archive 1
READ ONLY ARCHIVES

Welcome to the TiVo Community Forum Archive
This archive covers threads on TiVo Community Forum that have not been posted to from the start until June 30, 2004.  Any thread that has a post made to it between 7/1/04 and 12/31/05, that had not been posted to, will be found in Archive 2.
This is a READ ONLY site.

Search | ARCHIVE 2 | MAIN SITE

TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.8 TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 > Off Topic Areas (Non-TiVo) > Happy Hour - General Chit-Chat
>>> Real Money Hump Day TC Forum Poker Tournament! <<<

Pages (6): « Prev 1 [2] 3 4 5 Next » ... Last »  
Forum Jump:
Search this Thread:
Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread ---> Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
kdaveler is offline Old Post 06-24-2004 01:07 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for kdaveler Find more posts by kdaveler Add kdaveler to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
kdaveler
Always Happy Hour!

I won't be able to play tonight, home sick, and I will be out of town next week but I want to be in the loop.

Have fun guys and Thanks John for setting it up!

Ken

August 2004 Tivo Community Heads Up Hold'em Winner.

POST #21 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Breacagan is offline Old Post 06-24-2004 01:12 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Breacagan Find more posts by Breacagan Add Breacagan to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Breacagan
TiVo Forum Special Member

quote:
Originally posted by JohnJr
The answer appears to be yes. You can "observe" a private table tournament, so anyone that would like to watch, can!
Yes, it looks like you can chat, too, as an observer.

This Hungarian guy typed something, I typed "?", and he corrected himself.

What he said. --bsnelson
What he said. --mrpurple
* MarkovBot threatens 404's bicycle with a bic pen

POST #22 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

JohnJr is offline Old Post 06-24-2004 01:14 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for JohnJr Find more posts by JohnJr Add JohnJr to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JohnJr
Blown, cold, over.

Ken,

Hope you feel better soon! Feel free to watch tonight, if you are so inclined. Breacagan actually set it up, I'm just the "advertising agent."

-John

POST #23 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

scottjf8 is offline Old Post 06-24-2004 01:19 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for scottjf8 Visit scottjf8's homepage! Find more posts by scottjf8 Add scottjf8 to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
scottjf8
New Daddy

Ohh, voyeurs!!

Come see pictures of our new baby!!

TFEDEROV is my daddy!!
Hail to the victors, the University of Michigan

July 2004 TCF Heads Up Poker Champion

Be Very Scared, unless you have the nuts!
--JohnJr

"If you started on your 27th birthday and died on your 60th, you'd have to make 82.97 pounds of poo every day in order to get to $1,000,000. Of course, that's before taxes."
--Steavis

POST #24 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

vertigo235 is offline Old Post 06-24-2004 01:56 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for vertigo235 Visit vertigo235's homepage! Find more posts by vertigo235 Add vertigo235 to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
vertigo235
Advanced Member

I'll probably watch, and I'll be interested in playing in the future but I don't think I'll have time to play tonight.

http://www.lnyc.org/

POST #25 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

loswald is offline Old Post 06-24-2004 02:08 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for loswald Find more posts by loswald Add loswald to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
loswald
fairly consistent

I havent the slightest idea on how to play, so I'll probably watch....Is there a place I can go "practice" with play money?

POST #26 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

mrpurple is offline Old Post 06-24-2004 02:12 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for mrpurple Find more posts by mrpurple Add mrpurple to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
mrpurple
body by Guinness

quote:
Originally posted by loswald
I havent the slightest idea on how to play, so I'll probably watch....Is there a place I can go "practice" with play money?

The same place has play money tables.

POST #27 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

scottjf8 is offline Old Post 06-24-2004 02:13 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for scottjf8 Visit scottjf8's homepage! Find more posts by scottjf8 Add scottjf8 to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
scottjf8
New Daddy

Loswald...

www.pokerroom.com
www.pokerpages.com

Also most other sites have a freeroll area (PartyPoker has one) but the two I mentioned are a good place to start working on your game...

TFEDEROV is my daddy!!

--JohnJr

"If you started on your 27th birthday and died on your 60th, you'd have to make 82.97 pounds of poo every day in order to get to $1,000,000. Of course, that's before taxes."
--Steavis

POST #28 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

loswald is offline Old Post 06-24-2004 02:26 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for loswald Find more posts by loswald Add loswald to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
loswald
fairly consistent

great thanks

POST #29 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Marco is offline Old Post 06-24-2004 02:52 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Marco Find more posts by Marco Add Marco to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Marco
Malfeasor

quote:
Originally posted by vertigo235
I'll probably watch, and I'll be interested in playing in the future but I don't think I'll have time to play tonight.

I think I'm in the same boat.

Marc
1 HR10-250; 1xDSR6000, 1xDVR40; People evangelized to date: 19

I was halfway to Rivendell when the drugs began to kick in. -- Hunter S. Tolkien

POST #30 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

TiVoOpsMgr is offline Old Post 06-24-2004 03:32 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for TiVoOpsMgr Visit TiVoOpsMgr's homepage! Find more posts by TiVoOpsMgr Add TiVoOpsMgr to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
TiVoOpsMgr
Director, Svc. Ops

Hi Vegas poker buddies and all,

This sounds fun but I won't be able to join tonight (taking my fiance to the airport), but since she'll be out of town for a bit, I'll likely be available for future tournaments. 6pm Pacific is a little early for me (usually I'm still tied up with that time) but will try to make it next week if this is a success and becomes a weekly affair.

JohnJr, I'll write you separately for help with a transfer; I do have PayPal.

--Stephen

NOTE: I prefer e-mail to Private Messages. Due to the volume of e-mail I receive, please try to go through normal channels or post your question on the forum BEFORE contacting me directly, if possible. Thanks!

POST #31 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

JohnJr is offline Old Post 06-24-2004 03:47 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for JohnJr Find more posts by JohnJr Add JohnJr to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JohnJr
Blown, cold, over.

Stephen,

If you know you won't be playing until next week, but feel you would like to play these real money tournies, you may want to look into www.neteller.com where you can begin funding an online account that will accept gambling transactions. It normally does take a good week or more to get the account set up and funded.

I'll be happy to help in the short term with the paypal transfers, but in the long run it will be far better if you (or anyone interested in playing real money) works on setting up their own neteller account.

Look forward to seeing you in the game next week!

I'm not sure what we can do about times, as of course the East Coast folks are having to stay up late, while the West Coast folks are having to start earlier than convenient. 7PM Mountain Time, just about happens to be a perfect time for me.

Maybe the solution would be to move the game to a weekend?

-John

POST #32 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

smak is offline Old Post 06-24-2004 04:32 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for smak Find more posts by smak Add smak to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
smak
new glossy edition

For me, i'm still at work, unless I just sneak out, so the possible length of it might be a problem, especially if we get to fill 2 tables or more...

That length would also bother an east coaster, if they're having to play past 11 or 12.

So in conclusion, i have no idea!

We can change it every other week, but if we can come up with the perfect time that everybody can join in, that be best.

-smak-

1. Buy
2. Complain
3. Research
4. Apologize

Come visit us at TC Poker Community

www.tcpokercommunity.com

POST #33 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

rastephens is offline Old Post 06-24-2004 04:41 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for rastephens Find more posts by rastephens Add rastephens to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
rastephens

I'll try to be there, but I can't tell for certain.

Richard

POST #34 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Savafan1 is offline Old Post 06-24-2004 06:30 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Savafan1 Find more posts by Savafan1 Add Savafan1 to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Savafan1

I'm in. Hopefully I won't lose to quickly....

POST #35 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

smak is offline Old Post 06-24-2004 06:32 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for smak Find more posts by smak Add smak to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
smak
new glossy edition

Richard, you sure you don't want to re-phrase your signature, maybe something like runner-up?

-smak-

1. Buy
2. Complain
3. Research
4. Apologize

Come visit us at TC Poker Community

www.tcpokercommunity.com

POST #36 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

rastephens is offline Old Post 06-24-2004 06:42 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for rastephens Find more posts by rastephens Add rastephens to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
rastephens

quote:
Originally posted by smak
Richard, you sure you don't want to re-phrase your signature, maybe something like runner-up?

-smak-

But runner-up IS first place loser!!!!

POST #37 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

scottjf8 is offline Old Post 06-24-2004 06:53 AM
scottjf8
New Daddy

I'm aruond, fellas, but unfortunately, on a dialup, so I might have lag

As far as the times - maybe we move this weekly game to Sunday evening/afternoon, say 7pm Eastern 4 Pacific but on Sunday...

Thoughts?

TFEDEROV is my daddy!!

--JohnJr

--Steavis

POST #38 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

JohnJr is offline Old Post 06-24-2004 06:53 AM
JohnJr
Blown, cold, over.

Getting close now.

Ya'll should be afraid, very afraid. I TiVo'd the "Nutcracker" and that's what I'll be watching, er, doing tonight!

-John

POST #39 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

HoosierFan is offline Old Post 06-24-2004 07:02 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for HoosierFan Find more posts by HoosierFan Add HoosierFan to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
HoosierFan
Poker nut

Looks like we'll have 13. Everybody make sure they are logged in to Pokerstars. Good luck!

Two-time TiVotational Holdem champion

POST #40 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged