TiVo Community Forum Archive 1
READ ONLY ARCHIVES

Welcome to the TiVo Community Forum Archive
This archive covers threads on TiVo Community Forum that have not been posted to from the start until June 30, 2004.  Any thread that has a post made to it between 7/1/04 and 12/31/05, that had not been posted to, will be found in Archive 2.
This is a READ ONLY site.

Search | ARCHIVE 2 | MAIN SITE

TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.8 TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 > Underground Playground > TiVo Upgrade Center
>>> Need an Image <<<

Forum Jump:
Search this Thread:
Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread ---> Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Azure is offline Old Post 06-22-2004 06:42 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Azure Find more posts by Azure Add Azure to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Azure

Need an Image

Hey. I have a friend with a series 2 hughes directivo that's getting the green screen error message. Anyone know where I can get a HD image?

POST #1 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

blindlemon is offline Old Post 06-22-2004 08:36 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for blindlemon Visit blindlemon's homepage! Find more posts by blindlemon Add blindlemon to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
blindlemon
Knackered Member

If it is just (apparently) sitting there displaying the GSOD then, if you leave the TiVo switched on and connected to a phone for 24 hours like it says, it's quite possible that the GOSD will be able to fix the problem without any intervention. That's what it's for, after all.

If it's continually rebooting and returning to the GSOD then you may have swap problems.

POST #2 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Azure is offline Old Post 06-22-2004 09:21 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Azure Find more posts by Azure Add Azure to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Azure

Yeah. He left it on for 2 days with the GSOD. Then someone suggested that he leave it unplugged overnight and then try it again the next morning. Still no go.

POST #3 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

BlueXanaX is offline Old Post 06-22-2004 12:03 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for BlueXanaX Find more posts by BlueXanaX Add BlueXanaX to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
BlueXanaX
tivo@bluexanax.net

Thumbs up

I sent you a message about the image you were asking for.

POST #4 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

jmace57 is offline Old Post 06-23-2004 08:44 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for jmace57 Find more posts by jmace57 Add jmace57 to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jmace57
Large Member

I know that images are no longer readily (or legally?) available. Here is a question. As you can see from my sig below, I have 5 different models of TiVos.

I would really like to have an image file for each of these as a backup in case of HD problems in the future, but I'd really rather not have open up all 5 cases (voiding warranties) and make the image files.

Is it legal to get an image for these models without doing it myself? Is it frowned upon? Any suggestions?

Thanks
Jim

60 Hour TiVo Series 2
157 Hour TiVo Series 2

POST #5 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged